• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon discussion thread

How would we balance Pokémon? Like, I think being able to redistribute the stats of Mons as if you were a main character in SMT would be a good way to make the mon's stats fit how you want to use it— don't get me started on how Pikachu is more of a physical attacker than special one...

And, well, base stat totals are crippling for some Mons. Not every mon can be good, which is the worse part.

I am actually going through every Pokemon and redoing Typing, Stats and Abilities. Not all Pokemon can be great, but every Pokemon can still have it's uses. There are early game Pokemon for a reason. Your early rodents and bugs don't need to be the best things in the world. However, the other Pokemon should still have some viability. For me;

Starters - BST 600 (They are starters, they should not be falling behind other Pokemon)

Pseudo - BST 650 (This goes for all the Legends with a BST of 600 or less)

Main Legends - 700 (Legends with a BST of 680)

Also, let's remove stats that Pokemon don't need. Haxorus has 0 need for a Base 60 Sp.ATK stat. Pokemon similar are also getting worthless stats lowered.

Why do you think min maxing everything is a good idea...? Especially if you're gonna keep the same BST. We don't need to make every Mon viable and especially not min maxed.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Why do you think min maxing everything is a good idea...? Especially if you're gonna keep the same BST. We don't need to make every Mon viable and especially not min maxed.
That's for me or Amexim?

I mean, even with my changes, not everything is gonna be viable. Not only that BST are pretty different actually. I am sure my Venomoth ain't gonna be considered over say, Scyther or Scizor. While I believe every mon should be somewhat viable, I am not naive enough to not realize that's not possible with over 800+ monsters. But I can damn well try in my own way. My way =/= the best way. But I am one who would be curious to see how certain Pokemon are viewed with said changes. You can't predict said changes. (It's pretty fun tho)

Also what do you mean by min maxing? Never heard that term before.

Also....ain't gonna lie....some of my stats are spiteful towards Competitive players. (See Chansey, Flareon and Mega Kangaskhan)

I'm more or less having fun doing these stats. It gives me something to do when I am utterly bored.

Quick question, do we regard Pokemon GO as canon? Like, spin-off game levels of canon

GyroNutz said:
Quick question, do we regard Pokemon GO as canon? Like, spin-off game levels of cano
I think not. Pokémon GO does not even have a story (I do not know today when I played really did not), and also I think even more random games are more canonical or better to consider than the Pokémon GO.

So Green from the Pokemon Adventures manga/the scrapped female character from the Gen 1 is in Lets Go Pilachu/Eevee now, alongside Red and Blue rocking their orignal gen 1 look as well as opposed to their redesigns from gen 3 onwards.

What'd I miss??

Edit: Figured it out. We gonna have someone update the artwork for the gym leaders + elite four?

Isn't necessarily Green from the manga, because that design was already present in the old official art of Pokémon Red/Green.

Pokemon-Red-Blue-and-Green-Japan-only-the-90s-23371046-282-266

Yes, that's Green not Leaf [in the manga they are the same person]. I personally think some of the new artworks are a somwhat of a downgrade compared to what they currently have in their profiles.

I'm still intrigued by the fact that Pokemon Adventures B2W2 saga is still being done while Pokémon XY and ORAS are already over (dammit, I wonder how Black will be released from Light Stone if he's the only one who can do Reshiram if he reverses the normal form, since he is the Hero of Truth)

Keep in mind that Mega Charizard Y didn't need any boosts to spam the heck out of that move back when it was 120 power. No held item, no ability boost, no STAB, etc. as long as sun was out, that move was dangerous.

Back