• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I tried making Swellow viable in competitive play. It baically turned into a huge glass canon who could do like 1-2 attacks before dying. Was fun to use, tho

I am still triggered by the fact that Smogon banned Landorus in competitive play for two whole generations.

One of the worst moments in competitive play.

^ Agreed. Landorus was great, but far from broken. Ice moves, which are extremely common, completely destroy him.

The Swagger Ban was my boiling point though. "It makes the entire game boil down to luck" literally all of Pokemon boiled down to luck. I won a game yesterday when my opponet quite literally missed nearly every attack.

Swagger ban is hilariously stupid.

I can sorta see a reason for banning Spore, since it has 100% accuracy, but in Gen VI, Grass types are now immune to it, so even it isn't as broken as it was before.

The only thing I can fully agree on "banning" would be Mega Rayuaza, since its core concept is so absolutely ******* broken into trillions of tiny pieces that it's actually unfair.

Sleep Clause is a god send, battling without it is miserable.

Moxiedos is so amazing, hard to believe it wasn't used very much in Gen 5 OU, it was also my ace in the hole. My set was Dragon Dance, Earthquake, Stone Edge and Watterfall.

Byakushiki Setsura said:
^ I generally use Earthquake instead of Stone Edge. Moxie Gyarados + Leftovers + Dragon Dance + Earthquake + Waterfall + Ice Fang
Earthquake Gyarados has superior coverage.

But there's only one Earthquake TM in Platinum and its user died in my nuzlocke.

right... It must be Garchomp when it comes to Earthquake and Gen 4. For Showdown I would give a Garchomp Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Brick Break and Stone Edge/ Rock Tomb

Also, on the topic of Sun and Moon, anyone else find it weird that gameplay and the official site's index seem to suggest there are multiple Type: Nulls, or at the very least that it isn't considered to be a legendary? It's grouped in with the regular Pokemon on the site (with Solgaleo and Lunala being the only two new pokemon listed classified as "Legendary", so far, and Magearna being "Mythical"), and gameplay footage shows it being used by a character who is presented as a high-up mook for Team Skull. This seems incredibly odd, especially considering the official info we've actually been given about it, which suggests it to be something more along the lines of Mewtwo.

I predict that Type: Null is like a prototype or a beta for something BIG that Gamefreak doesn't want to show off.

That very well could be the case. It's also possible that Type: Null is not yet "complete", which would tie in quite well with its hinted connection to Arceus.

Hey Azzy. If Arceus and the rest of the creation trio gets this infinite buff we're all theorizing, how do you think he'd fare against Asriel?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
That very well could be the case. It's also possible that Type: Null is not yet "complete", which would tie in quite well with its hinted connection to Arceus.
Actually, from the description it sounds like they were hindering its power and speed.

"The mask fitted to Type: Null's head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It's extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null's agility."

So maybe there will be an unleashed form?

RadicalMrR said:
They've taken alolan forms to far...
Dunno if it's only me but...

404 Not Found

• Code: NoSuchKey
  • Key: en-us/people-alola/|
  • RequestId: 586DA4DE555DF364
  • HostId: qY6KitRsiYCRVUvHSmPJoDmmjmsNWmbvMYYXzRu6EHCQxUTkznvW61/44S+45a0f2SWP0fLbGTU=

Gemmysaur said:
RadicalMrR said:
They've taken alolan forms to far...
Dunno if it's only me but...
404 Not Found

• Code: NoSuchKey
  • Key: en-us/people-alola/|
  • RequestId: 586DA4DE555DF364
  • HostId: qY6KitRsiYCRVUvHSmPJoDmmjmsNWmbvMYYXzRu6EHCQxUTkznvW61/44S+45a0f2SWP0fLbGTU=

I fixed it. Its happening with a few people, basically a | gets put in the URL for whatever reason.

I'm so envious of you guys, playing ORAS and what not. The latest handheld gaming console that I owned was the Gameboy Color 10 or so years ago.

@Gremmy, you can pick up an old 2DS for really cheap now. I got mine for well under 100 dollars. Screens a bit small but its perfectly playable.

Speaking of which, I swear to god if Sun/Moon isn't 2DS compatible..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back