• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokémon P&A revision

Hey, i just wanted to bring this again. A long time ago, it was agreed that Pokémon should have a key for their Tutor and TM moves, since they are composite profiles. I don't know what happened to that thread, but i guess that it is worth it to bring this again

I'm fairly sure that the only reason people haven't done that yet is because everyone is still under the notion that Pokemon should only have moves that they naturally learn without human influence, unless they are specialty moves such as Blast Burn or Dragon Ascent.

That, and...everyone forgot, probably. I know I did.

Still, due to the nature of being composite, I'm still fine with this being a focal point to add to the various profiles. It's just...gonna take a bit to fully accomplish. I should probably revive or renew my Pokemon revision and cleanup thread and include this issue, along with the other issues that still need to be sorted out with the Pokemon profiles.

Composite wild Pokemon. It's already a stretch that they have every single breeding and level up move imo.

NeoZex6399 said:
Only allowing TM and Tutor moves as long as it's specified could work, imo.

They could be separated from the standard movepool and set in a separate tabber right on the page, like other characters that have optional equipment and the like.

Plus, it was well agreed upon in said thread, so I think this would be the optimal approach to this.

@Starter Pack

Thank you for helping out.

Yes, it probably should.

However, they should, again, be placed in the separate tabs like what has been done with Pokemon such as Parasect.

On that topic, every Pokemon should have said tabs on their profiles, since a lot of them don't at the moment. It will keep things neat and tidy on their profiles, and cut out a lot of the bloat that many people complain about on the profiles already. Also, tabs for the powers and abilities of each evolution, such as what's been done with Pokemon like Lucario, would also be good to standardize for the Pokemon profiles.

I updated the Lucario page to reflect the earlier proposition of organizing its moves and abilities into tabbers.

[1]

How does this look?

I feel like TCG, Anime and spin-off exclusive moves should go under an 'Others' tab, since there's usually hardly any moves that go under those sections. Can understand why you did it like that though.

Once we manage to draft the TM and Tutor moves to the site, I feel like an "Others" tab for those remaining moves can be applied as well.

I am not sure. You should probably ask someone with more editing experience than I.

Here's a list of everything that needs to be done with Pokemon profiles. Let me know if I missed anything:

• All fully evolved Pokemon get Relavistic+ speed
  • All second stage Pokemon become High 7-C and get Massively Hypersonic+ speed. Justification changes from seismic toss to Piplup's feat and being faster than first stage Pokemon respectively.
  • Powers and Abilities need to be formatted properly
  • IQ skills should be added to the P&A section of gens 1-4 Pokemon. I'll add the IQ skills of each group to my blog for convenience.
  • Abilities that aren't explained in P&A should be explained. For example, Porygon up until a few days ago had unexplained Immortality Type 2.
  • Given that its been discussed multiple times, Non-Physical Interaction should be added to every Pokemon profile, bar a few special cases.
  • Pre-evolutions should be added to profiles
  • Pokemon should have a tabber for their shiny picture as well. For these two, Gengar is a recent example.
  • Standard Tactics could be added where applicable
Once these are sorted, then we should consider adding TM moves.

@Gyro Nutz: It may help to link the relevant feat calculations in that list, to make sure they're approved for use & can readily be considered in these revisions.

Also, link to your blog?

Anyway, among that list what does everyone agree on? I think we should add that first, then go over points of debate on what we may not agree on the inclusion of as much.

@GyroNutz: What's the reasoning behind Relativistic Fully Evolved Pokemon & MHS+ Second Stage Pokemon again?

Imaginym said:
@GyroNutz: What's the reasoning behind Relativistic Fully Evolved Pokemon & MHS+ Second Stage Pokemon again?
Fully Evolved Pokemon can dodge light based moves. Solarbeam met several light standards (being reflected, activated solar panels, light statements) as did Signal Beam (stated to be light, comes from a natural light source being bioluminescence).

Second Stage Pokemon scale above first stage Pokemon, who can dodge lightning, which is mach 1.1k

What I suggested has been evaluated already, just that it takes a long time to apply these changes to the profiles given that Pokemon is the verse with the most profiles on this site.

From what I recall, each addition has been accepted by 2+ knowledgable staff members before.

Okay. Then it should be fine.

Can I unsubscribe to this thread then?

I forget: Was it decided on, a while back, in a previous revision thread, that, with some exceptions where a certain stage is exceptionally notable, the tabbers of pre-evolutions on Pokemon profiles should be first, so as to be consistent with the ordering of the Keys & most profiles on the Wiki listing a character's base form first?

A little off-topic, though, & of course, if there's any contention about implementing this, it should be discussed after approved revisions are implemented, so as not to slow the revision process.

I don't remember it being agreed upon. After all, Yanmega was the main profile in question and it still has its last evolution ahead of its first.

I also think we should spend more effort fixing bad statistics and formatting than worrying about the order that tabbers are in.

GyroNutz said:
I also think we should spend more effort fixing bad statistics and formatting than worrying about the order that tabbers are in.
I wholeheartedly agree, hence my stating that the matter about tabber order should be discussed after approved revisions. Although, in hindsight, I suppose "approved revisions" wasn't inclusive of all the numerous matters more important than tabber order. XD

I'll assume I should withhold my opinion on how tabbers should be ordered for the time being.

We should add a calculation section on the Pokemon verse page so people can find who scales to what easier.

Yeah, that sounds good, also sorry for not contribuiting alot to Pokémon in the past months, RP have taken my life, but i will continue some projects that i never finished, like the Status condition ones

Back