• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pokemon Weather trio CRT

Rayquaza gets a resistance to electricity in its base as it took Zap Cannon from Wally's Magnezone. Zap Cannon is one of the most powerful electric type moves, but Rayquaza didnt take much damage from it
Disagree. Rayquaza is simply much stronger.
Rayquaza and all dragon type pokemon who can fly get platform creation: Dragon types create a vapor trail that is invisible which allows other pokemon to stand on mid air. Here is rayquaza doing it
Sure.
Sure.
Base Groudon gets electricity absorption with the move Thunder.

I'm confused on what this scan is saying. He absorbed a Thunder?
Base Kyogre gets minor resistance to electricity (it is weak to it but can still survive weaker pokemon electricity which is millions of volts). Here it used meditate to increase sp def to become immune to Thunder Wave's paralysis, and without any amps, tanked a trained Manectric's electric attack, and is unharmed from Team Rocket's electric net so its limited resistance
Disagree for the same reasons as Rayquaza.
Kyogre also gets resistance to OHKO via surviving Fissure, but I have a CRT later to explain why its actually canon that it can OHKO pokemon regardless of durability
Disagree. No reason to include on a profile, "OHKO no matter what" isn't a concept we use, it's a NLF and game mechanics.
One last thing, when mega rayquaza mega evolved and roared, Kyogre and Groudon could somehow tell, and awaken, even though they were far away (probably continent distance). Should this be like possible minor clairvoyance or something?

Unsure tbh. They're connected in a trio. Might be a less-direct more supernatural conneciton.
I'm fine with adding these as supporting feats.

Last edited:
It can't because it hasn't happened. You want to give everyone who has tanked electric types well resistance to the element itself.
That doesn't mean dragon/flying types can't resist electricity
Yes it does. Electric Type is not resisted by Dragon/Flying, IN UNIVERSE, period.
What? It just acts like normal electricity which negates durability, thats it
Acting similar to electricity doesn't mean it also has the same effects, one thing doesn't equal the other. Your logic is flawed.

I don't support electricity resistance for the reasons as explained above.

I similarly do not support Fissure.

Also, I do not support energy blasts causing explosions as Explosion Manipulation. Unless we're ready to give every Dragon Ball character who even remotely uses ki attacks Explosion Manipulation as well, since these are the same thing essentially.

Groudon getting electricity absorption makes sense...I guess. Just as long as it is specified that he only gets it via using Thunder, and that's it.

We do not accept scaling of any kind from Clash of Ages due to the movie itself being rife with fallacies upon outliers. Resisting Kyogre's Sheer Cold though? Fine, I'll allow it.

Kyogre and Groudon sensing Mega Rayquaza should be Extrasensory Perception.

Platform Creation and the supporting scans are fine.

Also, I do not support energy blasts causing explosions as Explosion Manipulation. Unless we're ready to give every Dragon Ball character who even remotely uses ki attacks Explosion Manipulation as well, since these are the same thing essentially.
Thing is, origin pulse is literally water which cannot cause fiery explosions on average

I don't support electricity resistance for the reasons as explained above.

I similarly do not support Fissure.

Groudon getting electricity absorption makes sense...I guess. Just as long as it is specified that he only gets it via using Thunder, and that's it.

We do not accept scaling of any kind from Clash of Ages due to the movie itself being rife with fallacies upon outliers. Resisting Kyogre's Sheer Cold though? Fine, I'll allow it.

Kyogre and Groudon sensing Mega Rayquaza should be Extrasensory Perception.

Platform Creation and the supporting scans are fine.
The explosion created by Origin Pulse was pretty large and notable and I do think it should be noted in the profile. Its important to note for combat related purposes. I think if someone makes small explosions with energy blasts, we don't note it, but if its something really large like this, it counts

Can you tag 1 more staff member for their opinion on this CRT?

Rayquaza:
Rayquaza takes neutral damage from electric type moves because of it's dragon typing so yeah no resistances

Fine with platform creation

Disagree with explosion manipulation

Groudon:
Agree because of tanking kyogre's sheer cold

Agree with this too

Kyogre:
Hard disagree with resistance to electricity manipulation. First of all thunder wave is not an offensive move so an huge inconsistency here and second of all kyogre raised its special defence to the point where the attack does no damage it's not a resistance the dammed thing just increased it's durability. Any Pokemon can do this as long as they have access to stats boosting moves.

Resistance to ohko what's that even supposed to mean and also where does it say that was fissure

Unsure about the clairvoyance

Rayquaza:
Rayquaza takes neutral damage from electric type moves because of it's dragon typing so yeah no resistances

Fine with platform creation

Groudon:
Agree because of tanking kyogre's sheer cold

Agree with this too

Kyogre:
Hard disagree with resistance to electricity manipulation. First of all thunder wave is not an offensive move so an huge inconsistency here and second of all kyogre raised its special defence to the point where the attack does no damage it's not a resistance the dammed thing just increased it's durability. Any Pokemon can do this as long as they have access to stats boosting moves.

Resistance to ohko what's that even supposed to mean and also where does it say that was fissure

Unsure about the clairvoyance
Why disagree with explosion

Explosion manipulation is the ability to generate or create explosion. Explosion caused by an beam attack or some other method is just the aftermath of the said attack or ability I don't think that should qualify for explosion manipulation.

Resistance to electricity doesn't seem valid for the point above. I also with other Starter Pack's evaluations.

Given that Rayquaza took a Zap Cannon, and that Kyogre was unaffected by Thunder Wave, I could see both of them getting resistance to Paralysis Inducement as both moves always inflict paralysis. That part at least shouldn't be affected by AP gaps.

Platform creation and electricity absorption seem fine ig

Can you give timestamps for both sheer cold feats? Same with Kyogre dodging Solar Beam. I'd like to check the context.

Minor Clairvoyance and 5-B supporting stuff seems fine.

Disagree with OHKO stuff and Explosion Manipulation.

Explosion manipulation is the ability to generate or create explosion. Explosion caused by an beam attack or some other method is just the aftermath of the said attack or ability I don't think that should qualify for explosion manipulation.
Why? Its still generating them

Dragon ball is irrelevant here

So? Doesnt mean we have to follow DB standards because their pages are trash
What it does mean is that just like electricity manipulation doesn't meet the criteria for getting durability negation, Kyogre doesn't meet the criteria for explosion manipulation, due to how Origin Pulse works. An explosion through Hydro Pump would do it though, as that is water and not energy.
It does, however, grant Kyogre Energy Projection, which isn't currently on its profile.

So? Doesnt mean we have to follow DB standards because their pages are trash
Maybe try to stop calling other pages trash and think about why people are disagreeing?
You're litteraly throwing the "trash page" argument every time someone makes a comparison.

Explosion Manipulation only is given if it's the direct attack, not the consequence of it.

Maybe try to stop calling other pages trash and think about why people are disagreeing?
You're litteraly throwing the "trash page" argument every time someone makes a comparison.

Explosion Manipulation only is given if it's the direct attack, not the consequence of it.
Proof?

Litteraly is the basis of the page and said on it.
It doesnt, it says causing spontaneous explosions with a supernatural power
I believe the grammatical basis for it not being applicable to energy blasts is the "spontaneous" part.

Though, I do have to agree with you that it's not clear enough.
And it's extremely confusing, if we're being this nit-picky, to give people it based on weapons.

A rocket launcher does not "spontaneously" create explosions. It launches a rocket, which then explodes.

How is that fundamentally different than Kyogre firing an energy blast, which then explodes?

I believe the grammatical basis for it not being applicable to energy blasts is the "spontaneous" part.

Though, I do have to agree with you that it's not clear enough.
And it's extremely confusing, if we're being this nit-picky, to give people it based on weapons.

A rocket launcher does not "spontaneously" create explosions. It launches a rocket, which then explodes.

How is that fundamentally different than Kyogre firing an energy blast, which then explodes?
I was gonna mention that too

So, since the CRT that I made to prove a point is now somehow leading to certain Dragon Ball characters getting Limited Explosion Manipulation via ki blasts, I suppose I will relent on Rayquaza and Kyogre getting limited Explosion Manipulation via their high-energy attacks.

Fissure and the electricity stuff still gets a hard pass, however.

So, since the CRT that I made to prove a point is now somehow leading to certain Dragon Ball characters getting Limited Explosion Manipulation via ki blasts, I suppose I will relent on Rayquaza and Kyogre getting limited Explosion Manipulation via their high-energy attacks.

Fissure and the electricity stuff still gets a hard pass, however.
Ok then, do you think its ok to add the changes?

If other people think limited Explosion Manipulation is fine, then sure.

Doesn't seem to be accepted yet, though if it is accepted as a general thing, there's probably a lot of other Pokemon who would get this.

Doesn't seem to be accepted yet, though if it is accepted as a general thing, there's probably a lot of other Pokemon who would get this.
tbh anyone who knows any form of attack that is energy based could theoretically get this.
An example is the fact that hyperbeams do this
842b73bb6bd60d05b4a842308d0a63516c133ba5_hq.jpg

and solar beams explode despite being 100% light

Dang, no more FTL pokemon since its not true light. Downgrades on the way
nope, this is fiction, light can explode in fiction due to the logic people use when it comes to lasers. It also works like that in one piece and nobody minds it. So far we have a statement that it's light, we have it reflecting off mirrors, we have it power up solar panels (or so i heard, i don't have the scans), and we can see that its origin is the sun which makes the proof outweigh the explosive problem. Not to mention that solar beam only really explodes in anime...you know...where even a guy hitting a dude into another guy can cause a small explosion. Either way there won't be downgrades and if you wanna downgrade that then go downgrade one piece first.

Back