• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Metroid speed downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seen the massive thread wwhich gives the entire universe an amazing boost in speed.... I find it after checking it.... kind of out of context. I will present my counters here, as I am frankly iffy about this.

1) It contradicts the site. Now, I know that sadly Prime's site has been taken down. However, according to the Metroid wiki here is the spaceship which she used in Prime

Vessel Classification Hunter-class gunship Weight 136 tons Crew 1 Dimensions 9.144 meters by 6.096 meters by 2.4384 meters Drive type Relativistic: 44 MHz Power source Field-exclusion Gluino Maximum velocity Relativistic: 7.2 x 10 C This puts already at a far slower speed, as it seems it is just barely FTL+. But there is more,

More informations here:http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Samus_Aran%27s_Gunship#Samus.27_first_Ship_.28post_crash.29

2) Let us assume the ship might be this fast, when Ridley outpaced it the ship had been just travelling from outside a space station and straight into Tallon IV. I doubt she'd crash or move at full speed into a planet at that speed out of risk of shattering it to pieces. Fiction is fiction but there is a certain degree of logic which I really can't see.

3) For all we know, hyperspace or whatever exists.

https://youtu.be/K9JAf_WwTE8?t=101

Here we see Samus Aran's ship clearly disappearing in a sort of flicker of light, not unlike hyperdrive or whatever.

3) Very few speed feats have happened besides that. And yes, I am calling it an outlier. I saw Samus went to another planet semi casually, but even when next to no Phazon, she had enough juice to defeat soundly the three hunters. Also, for all we know, her speed hasn't increased.

Frankly, I know I am late for this feat, but i can't find it legit

Hmm. I would like to see input from more people.

1) Actually, this is very contradictory to a lot of Metroid, espically considering that this would mean that the travel to the Tetra Galaxy, the travel to the abadoned GFS Vahalla, and literally most of MP3 immpossible. An example of how contradictory this is would be the Flash feat that was calced in the extremes of MFTL+, despite the author stating it was a Lightspeed feat.

2) In fiction, that has happened ALOT of times, even by characters who's combat speed and travel speed are pretty far apart. You would also have to assume Samus wouldn't want to rush to kill Ridley... when shes done that in both the Metroid manga (while not even knowing the capabilities of the Varia suit) and did crash into Aether, and in that case Ridley wasn't even involved.

3) Doesn't this contradict your own first point? Nevermind the fact that FTL wouldn't exist because hyperspace travel occurs near LS, not more than LS.

4) You can't call it an outlier because she didn't commit the feat in her normal suits, (A comparsion would be SSJG Goku's 3-B feat)

1) All of the feats you have stated are with the MP3 spaceship which happens to be different and far superior. Same for the Metroid Hunter Ship. It had been upgraded and shows different traits.So the Metroid Prime Ship can't be scaled to the Metroid Prime Hunter

2) A thing is catching up to Ridley, another is to crashland your ship. Samus in Metroid Prime WASN'T that driven by Revenge unlike in the manga where she was fresh.

3) No, it doesn't. As simple as that. Silver Surfer has used Hyperspace AND is MFTL. Both can coexist. I assume that the FTL+ speed, being at the peak

4) Since when changing suit changes her reaction speed? Her travel speed, yes, but I have never seen her getting amped reaction wise. She has actually funniy enough LS reactions in her normal suit due to reacting to TRacer's weapon, a Quantum Laser (AKA Light speed) weapons.

1) No... MpH ship is the same as the MP ship. Not only is this MP3 ship's "superiority" never stated, only that it was equipped with more weaponry, nothing about speed. Heck, the fact that Samus abadons this ship specifically (Metroid 2, Super Metroid, Other M and etc) when she does not need its firepower shows which ship is more likely superior.

2) Metroid Prime literally takes place in the timeline right after the manga, heck just look at Samus and Ridley's cutscene fight in MP3 which clearly shows she doesn't care about her health when confronted with Ridley.

3) While I can't explain that (Maybe a contradiction from Marvel's many authors?), I should note that the definition of hyperspace is exactly that, to reach LS to obtain Hyperspace.

4)"Her travel speed yes" When did that even happen? Her LS feats come from the Post ZM Varia suit, which actually show a difference in reactions then from her Pre-ZM Power Suit which only had an MHS feat.

I don't think this is an outlier but is there any indication she was going top speed? We can kind of shrug off the provided speed stat considering that authors don't know how fast they make things sometimes.

Well, the feat seems legit and the only argument I think should be addressed from the proposals is whether the feat is an outlier or not.

I just explain the speed difference with the ship via the hyperspace mentioned in point 3

Hey guys. SomebodyData is having issues logging on VS Battles Wiki or posting anything atm. He wanted me to inform all the active participants of this thread.

Well, I made a thread about this earlier and my proposal was from MFTL+ to FTL with high-tier suits and MHS with the lower suits. This seems to be just her MHS feats.

Just a generic FTL. She dodges EMR waves in Fusion and is around their speed. She is certainly faster with the speed boosters.

It was just me and SomebodyData debating about it and then I said I'd take a break to read up on Metroid stuff

Ok, it seems that I'm back

@LordXcano, in what version of the Fusion suit did she dodge EMR waves?

I'm not sure, but I know that she didn't have the Wave Beam yet.

EDIT: It's the B.O.X. Security Robot fight, after you defeat it the X-Core comes out and begins firing EMR waves at you

Ah so its the Power Fusion Suit... which is weaker than every suit other than (possibly) the pre-ZM suits. Noice

So I guess the stats would be MHS for starting suits/zero suit and then FTL for all later suits with a (likely higher) for the suits post Power Fusion?

LordXcano said:
So I guess the stats would be MHS for starting suits/zero suit and then FTL for all later suits with a (likely higher) for the suits post Power Fusion?
Yeah, except where does the MHS Zero Suit part come from?

Zero Suit > Ridley (or at least an equal mechanical counterpart) who was shown as MHS from the Frigate Orpheon calc

Speed-wise she should be. In the manga don't they even comment that the powersuit should be slowing her down but it isn't?

LordXcano said:
Speed-wise she should be. In the manga don't they even comment that the powersuit should be slowing her down but it isn't?
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned that the power suit was made to not slow her down. But the facts are rather trival in this case so eh, after all the original two suits shouldn't have a big impact on her speed, so she should be some level of MHS.

Pretty much MHS+ at miminum (this time including zero suit).

Really thats the only change

I feel like everyone keeps ignoring the fact that by definition, a verse would have to max out as LS to have hyperspace.....

Well, yeah, but still nothing suggests hyperspace, and with the definition, it kinda points against it.

True, but Hyperspace would be a thing if light moves at a different speed in Metroid, which is possible since "relativistic" means 7.2C x 10C in Metroid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back