• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible MHA Speed Upgrade

So I looked at this feat of Deku reacting to Bakugou’s Stun Grenade in Season 3 at point blank. Although nitroglycerin loses its initial Hypersonic+ speed very quickly, Deku reacted to it quickly and in point blank. I did some rough calc estimations and got High Hypersonic+ (potentially baseline MHS).

Here is the feat.

This would may potentially be an outlier, as it’d upscale everyone’s reactions who were comparable to 5%, and would upscale the total speed of all the characters that can blitz 5%.

Yea, if you change 5% Deku's speed, that's basically like 90% of the verse. Also, that speed is close to Faux 100% Deku and Full Cowl 100% Deku. Yea, people might call out outlier unless we revised the speed of the verse overall.

1.- What does Naruto and One Piece do in the tags? (also Shigaraki)
2.- What chapter is (of the manga), to be able to have context of the feat

Yea, if you change 5% Deku's speed, that's basically like 90% of the verse. Also, that speed is close to Faux 100% Deku and Full Cowl 100% Deku. Yea, people might call out outlier unless we revised the speed of the verse overall.
If we had Sub-Rel top tiers (via Star and Stripes) this wouldn’t be a problem💯

I might not have a way to back up, but ... Couldn't Deku just be reacting to his arms? The only bakugo attack that requires him to put his hands in that position is the Stun grenade.
And by putting his arms in that position later he cannot react to his next attack (I don't know if it will serve my argument, but there I leave it)

I might not have a way to back up, but ... Couldn't Deku just be reacting to his arms? The only bakugo attack that requires him to put his hands in that position is the Stun grenade.
And by putting his arms in that position later he cannot react to his next attack (I don't know if it will serve my argument, but there I leave it)
This could be potentially what happened, I need to rewatch the anime clip

However we have no way of judging whether he was reacting to his arms or not from the panel

Watching the anime clip, it can't be used anywhere this time
On the one hand it does not show Deku covering himself, on the other it does not show the movement of Bakugo's arms, they directly put their arms outstretched, it is as if there were a second or two left.

Although nitroglycerin loses its initial Hypersonic+ speed very quickly, Deku reacted to it quickly and in point blank. I did some rough calc estimations and got High Hypersonic+ (potentially baseline MHS).
Nitroglycerin does not explode at Hypersonic+ speeds. That's its detonation velocity, which is just the propagation speed of the explosive through itself. For example RDX has a detonation velocity of 8,622 m/s but using this UN calculator you get this result for a 3 kilogram explosion from 3 meters away
TNT Weight for Pressure (kg):3.42
TNT Weight for Impulse (kg):3.27
Incident Pressure (kPa):286.64
Incident Impulse (kPa-ms):200.41
Reflected Pressure (kPa):1070.54
Reflected Impulse (kPa-ms):542.97
Time of Arrival (ms):2.50
Positive Phase Duration (ms):0.00
Shock Front Velocity (m/s):628.25
Unless the explosive was quite literally blown up on the skin no one ever scales to detonation velocity.

Also the only way you're going to get HH+ is if you assume Deku moved after Baku used his explosive quirk when there's zero indication of that in the manga. In fact there's much more evidence that Deku preemptively blocked rather than blocked after the fact.

Also the only way you're going to get HH+ is if you assume Deku moved after Baku used his explosive quirk when there's zero indication of that in the manga. In fact there's much more evidence that Deku preemptively blocked rather than blocked after the fact.
Deku preemptively blocking makes no sense because the events take place in a single panel, and a “FWWP” effect is shown with Deku’s arm and it’s shown that it has moved.

Deku preemptively blocking makes no sense
The previous page featured Baku making a pose while Deku rushed and the entire fight featured that Deku knee all of his moves but that Baku had improved his reactions enough to adapt to Deku's knowledge.

There's vastly more evidence that he just guarded then putting up his arm after the explosion triggered.

b2BEoIk.jpg
PLS3FRe.jpg

I think you could make an argument for both sides with these panels, but I'm leaning towards that he didn't aim dodge. Because he was initially, but it wasn't working due to the fact that Bakugo reacts too fast after the fact, and he has improved his skills. If Deku really did know that the Stun Grenade was coming, there would have been clear indication for it, just like when Bakugo first dashed towards Deku and when he used Howitzer Impact.

Back