• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible My Hero Academia Speed Upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there.

After watching the latest MHA episode, at the end there is a preview of the battle between Uraraka and Aoyoma vs Thirteen. In this battle, Aoyoma attempts shooting his navel laser quirk at Thirteen, however Thirteen easily sucks it up using her/his Black Hole quirk, However, Thirteen says that she/he can suck up light when referring to Aoyoma's Navel Laser. Due to this only being heard the anime, I checked the manga version of this fight and it turns out the same statement that the Navel Laser is light is also there.

Proof: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cD6TptWNH_E 0:42

Characters such as Bakugou and Mina (who is relatively low tier in the verse) have been able to dodge this Navel Lazer too, so could this possibly mean the general MHA characters have FTL, or just LS reactions?

Im not gonna lie, but this does sound a bit of a stretch for the Large Building Level - Small Town MHA characters, which is why im asking whether this can be considered worthy for a MHA speed upgrade?

Ive been pointing this statement for kind of a long time, I personaly support it, and someone eyeballed it to be relativistic, I'm also gathering more proff that the laser is light but there's more info needed (like his laser reflecting or refracting on surfaces, albeit i thinkt hat can be said about his hero costume, since his primary component is a belt with a huge magnifying glass), there is one scene that should be animated next season, and that one may simply solve the issue.

It does seem rather outlier-ish, yes, but I would appreciate further staff input.

They don't necessarily have to dodge the laser to avoid it. They just need to avoid where Aoyama is aiming at. That wouldn't give them anywhere near LS reactions.

Let's use a little bit of reason and logic here, please... If the majority of characters are incapable of even dodging bullets, then I think we can safely assume that they are incapable of dodging projectile attacks moving at the speed of light.

Aoyama's belt glows before it fires and it always easy to tell where he is aiming because it is where his body is facing. They aren't using lightspeed reactions to dodge him.

Who says they cant dodge bullets? Only one i have seen be hit with bullets is Snipe , but his quirk basically allows him to control the movement of bullets, so he can make an exception, as can maybe, all the other heroes who have gun-based quirks like Gunhead. Most characters already have above Hypersonic+ reactions anyway.

And yeah, but only brief, and Mina still dodged it right at the last second as seen by the fight, as did Bakugo

But yes, it does seem a lot out of place seeing as how it is much more impressive and out of place it is compared to the MHA verse, so thats why im skeptical

Since this seems unreliable, and the staff uninterested, perhaps I should close this thread?

aww, are the staff not interested

Cause i kinda wanna see more points b4 we close anything

Thirteen doesn't exactly respond to this laser. He's already sucking everything up with his gravity powers, so I don't think he counts.

Aoyama is also quite flamboyant and readable, so Aim Dodging is the likely culprit here.

In addition, the Hypersonic speed was supposed to be removed, but the discussion died down before it was complete.

Thirteen only states that its light to the audience, the point is that Mina and Bakugo could react and dodge it, while it was already shot out, so it doesnt look like aim dodging

@Jinx

It would still be incredibly outlierish, given that the fastest heroes in the series top out at around supersonic.

Ye i know it is (Btw, what suggests theyre supersonic?), but Thirteen was specifically chosen to fight Aoyoma because he/she can suck up his navel laser light, as discussed by UA teachers who know all the students' quirks, so thirteen's quote is definitely trustworthy enough.

Since it can only shoot for a second though, it goes an incredibly long distance too. Maybe not to the point of light speed tho.

It is very out of place, so i guess there needs to be more evidence, trouble is, we see barely nothing of Aoyoma

@Jinx

Edge Shot is explicitly stated to be able to attack at the speed of sound.

Even if it is light, it's still outlierish.

well Edge Shots's attack isnt supersonic, its just that he transforms faster than the speed of sound, so gauging the other hero's speed based on that seems a bit wrong as for the speed feat,i would like more input from the community before we closing this thread if thats ok.

@Shadow

Edge Shot is not amongst the fastest heroes in the story, and All for One dodges an attack from Edge Shot with the barest of effort.

on the topic of speed from MHA there is a feat , i really wish for someone to calc :/. it might give the series a nice speed boost that doesnt fall in the absurd side of things.

I think if this gets closed, the topic may come out again when season 3 arrives, since there's a specific scene that's the only real outlier as to if aoyamas laser is light or not, and the anime is a really good way of clearing out what happens in certain panels

Nedoiko said:
I think if this gets closed, the topic may come out again when season 3 arrives, since there's a specific scene that's the only real outlier as to if aoyamas laser is light or not, and the anime is a really good way of clearing out what happens in certain panels
The main canon is the manga though

Massive Outlier in my opinion or and I do not think this is the real light even though in this scene, have been looking for us Black Hole> Light, how Uraraka and the other can be resisted the attraction of a "Black hole" ???

Even the fact that that 's called a "Black Hole" is questionable, let alone Aoyama's laser to be light. Also, his laser showed propertiers not from light (For example, it was show to be physical, since he uses it to move himself at great speed)

AidenBrooks999 said:
The main canon is the manga though
I'm not stupid, I know the main canon is the manga, but the anime can serve to pinpoint what exactly is happening in a specific, confusing panel.

On the topic of edgeshot, I'm almost sure this wiki has had characters way faster than what their statements indicate, Edgeshot is somehow regarded as a very fast hero, and even tought he could'nt evade it, Best Jeanist did indeed react to AFO's attack, had not been because he had to simultaneously save other 5-ish people, Best Jeanist would have evaded it with no trouble.

@dodonova2: black holes in fiction tend to act weird, in one of the author's previous works, a one shot, the main character has a black hole for an arm (and apparently a very literal one) and it works in similar ways to thirteen, if not on a bigger scale.

there are A TON of physic inconsistencies in BNHA, for example, is mirios quirk makes light pass torugh him, shouldnt he become invisible? shouldnt his matter-overlapping technique make him insanely fast? shouldnt hagakure be blind? I think it is perfectly possible for aoyama's laser to be truly light, specially with his theme (his whole character is based around glasses and mirrors)

AidenBrooks999 said:
Even the fact that that 's called a "Black Hole" is questionable, let alone Aoyama's laser to be light. Also, his laser showed propertiers not from light (For example, it was show to be physical, since he uses it to move himself at great speed)
Endeavor also showed that he can use his fire as a tangible object, making spears of fire for example.

Well i mean, the Navel Laser is still a Laser

What good would it be if it couldnt hurt anyone, Light beams in fiction tend to do damage too despite them not "reflecting" off someone

Thirteen can also control the power of her Black Hole quirk, i mean she even stated she has to tone it down a lot or it may end up just destroying everything. But i dont think its a real black hole, just something similar to it on a smaller scale though. Thirteen wasnt trying to kill Uraraka or Aoyoma, simply beat them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back