• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I re-read chapter 356 of the web-novel recently,and noticed something interesting about Medea Pideth Machina's Infinity Destroyer.

"You'd probably hate dying without even knowing the reason, so let me tell you. Your past, present future. I directed an attack on all of the yous in all parallel and divergent worlds in existence." (Medea)

Which seems to be Infinity^Infinity. Since the attack is directed at the past, present, and future of All alternate world Naofumis....So wouldn't that be 2-A? (Since erasure across all of time is 4-D and she does it to every Naofumi in all alternate worlds as well, in addition to that Raphtalia and Ren also got caught up in it, so it's actually triple the potency of what erased Naofumi )

I don't know, just a thought.

Well technically this would be 2-C. You need a statements for 2-B that the parallel universes exceed 1000 and for 2-A you need an "infinite" statement.

And this sounds more like a range feat not an AP one. Since nothing implies that they can destroy all of these universes, rather just sent their attacks through them.

The Multiverse has been stated to be 2-A Here And here. At first I thought it was a range feat as well, but with All Fictio now being 4-D via erasing across all time and space, and Medea doing that to an infinite number of beings 3 times over, I've wondered if it could be considered 2-A.

2-A as in the tier? Erasing someone across infinite worlds isn't an AP feat so I don't think so.

Well it still seems iffy for 2-A if you ask me, but that's a different discussion.

It is just a range feat. Well having 4D abilities gives you 4D abilities, yes. And killing infinite beings is just High 3-A.

So would it be considered a hax feat? Erasing someone across all time and space in an infinite number of worlds.

Killing infinite beings is High 3-A, but Medea doesn't do that.

She erases 3 beings across all time and space in all infinite worlds with 1 attack.

If it's EE that would still just be hax and not AP. And if you want her to get 2-A rating she needs to destroy infinite universal space-time continuums.

I'm pretty sure this is still a potency feat for the EE so I wouldn't just call it range. Apart from that yeah.

Thing is, EE doesn't usually erase across all time and space (Despite what some people seem to believe); but Medea's does just that.

^^That, by itself, is a 4-D feat.

But, the attack doesn't just stop there; it also erases every single version of 3 different characters from the space-time of a 2-A structure.

It might not be full on 2-A, because it doesn't actually erase the 2-A multiverse, but the feat should be considerd far above the current rating.

At least in my opinion.

It is totally a 4-D feat with 2-A range, but I don't think just because it erased more than one person across the space-time of a 2-A structure should be higher than that.

Edit: I made a mistake typing.

All Fiction was considered 4-D for erasing things across past, present and future, I don't see any diference with Infinity Destroyer.

guys, the universe of tate in yuusha and tensei shitara are connected? because if it is the case both the naofumi and the rimuru share the same verse but with different works.

Medea already has multiversal range, so no change there.

That aside like all the last times this was debated and as people said above, erasing all versions of a human sized being from the multiverse & time doesn't put you at 2-A.

Fine. If this was me from like a year ago, I would still be posting here; because I really don't agree that this is nothing but a range feat (Even if it isn't 2-A)....but honestly, I just don't have enough time nowadays.

Anyway, close this if you want, and upgrade Medea's range to multiversal+ with infinity destroyer.

I agree that this isn't just a range feat, it should be a potency feat for the EE as well

2-A do not see the concrete reason to up it, but a possible 2-B because the infinite destroyer threatens all the worlds that have their own universes, a threat that is at the multiversal level?

It's also stated to distort the laws of the world and the laws of cause and effect....which up until this point we had only considered that statement as "Only effecting the laws of cause and effect of the world that they are currently in.", but since the attack itself is directed at Infinite worlds, it could be interpreted as effecting a 2-A structure as a whole. (...well, I said I wouldn't comment here..but I happen to be free and see the notification..)

Nothing is really saying that it affects the laws and causality of any world except the one they are in.

The reason Ark didn't kill her before all the stuff happened is literally because he had other gods in the multiverse to take care of. Medea isn't significant on the multiversal scale of things.

"She used attacks with things like infinity, and 100% and unlimited in their names. If you don't know exactly what she did… I guess they were conceptual attacks. Since she attacked past, present, and future, it looks like she can do temporal attacks too. If she even attacked parallel worlds, she really, REALLY wanted you dead, man." Chapter 361

Notice that Ark said parallel worlds here, and not parallel versions of you.

"100% Deadly Aim, 100% Death, 『Infinity Destroyer』. All that awaits you all is death. The past, present, future, parallel worlds, divergent worlds, the law of cause and effect. Not a single thing in the world will be able to stop it; you will merely perish! Infinity, eternity, speed of light won't be enough. Now go die already!"

^^This is the quote from chapter 374, which actually does imply it affects the entire world's laws. Well, in the end, that's just my interpretation of it.

Non of that actually says that it would erase the parallel worlds laws or the worlds itself. The only part of the parallel worlds she attacked were the parts that had Naofumi in it. Even in the world they were in the only thing that very use of infinity destroyer erased was Naofumi. (Or was supposed to only erase Naofumi)

While Deadly Aim is also an esper ability, whether the slight mentioning here indicates the esper abilities use is questionable. Deadly Aim could also refer to just high precision.

Didnt ID also destroy Medea main body thats outside of the universe?

Also yeah ID doesnt just end by destroying the person, not to mention she is explict saying she is destroying past,present and future together also i have to mention that she attacking past,present,future and parallel worlds are not her infinity destroyer its a different attack

Ah and Infnity destroyer is also not an attack that is meant for a indivdual foe she even states " All that awaits you all is death" and its not exactly because the attacks wasnt meant to destroy the whole multiverse that it shouldnt have an 2-A potency at least i believe her attack its just that strong that even if you put were to put the whole multiverse to protect you it would still not stop it at least i feel its implied that

"The only part of the parallel worlds she attacked were the parts that had Naofumi in it. Even in the world they were in the only thing that very use of infinity destroyer erased was Naofumi."

This is not what the first use of her ability implies, she doesn't say that "The attack is directed at all versions of you which exist in parallel worlds." No, she says this:

"You'd probably hate dying without even knowing the reason, so let me tell you. Your past, present future. I directed an attack on all of the yous in all parallel and divergent worlds in existence." (Medea)

The attack itself distorts the laws of the world which it is directed at, and it is directed at infinite worlds.

This for me is 2-B multiverse level, I see no reason to scale to 2-A because the infinite destructor did not threaten any structure of the multiverse or more.
To be on level 2-A must threaten or destroy more than the entire structure of the multiverse and besides being above the 3 dimension, 4-D is the minimum.

From what I can see neither Medea nor Naofumi are beings or have reached a higher dimensionality.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back