• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently, it’s accepted that Mephiles has Low-Godly regen, as he’s capable of regenerating a physical body as a non-tangible shadow. Since Solaris has all of Mephiles’ abilities, and has an explicitly pointed out core consciousness, I feel it’s feasible that this consciousness in the Solaris fight is actually a representation of Mephiles, since Mephiles was intended to be Solaris’s mind.

This is relevant because, despite Mephiles being able to regenerate a physical form from a non-physical state, when the super forms destroyed the physical form of Solaris’s consciousness, it was not able to recreate itself.

So, I propose Super forms get possible regeneration negation up to a low-godly level, for being able to prevent Solaris’s mind (which feasibly has the same abilities as Mephiles) from regenerating itself.

Currently, it’s accepted that Mephiles has Low-Godly regen, as he’s capable of regenerating a physical body as a non-tangible shadow. Since Solaris has all of Mephiles’ abilities, and has an explicitly pointed out core consciousness, I feel it’s feasible that this consciousness in the Solaris fight is actually a representation of Mephiles, since Mephiles was intended to be Solaris’s mind.

This is relevant because, despite Mephiles being able to regenerate a physical form from a non-physical state, when the super forms destroyed the physical form of Solaris’s consciousness, it was not able to recreate itself.

So, I propose Super forms get possible regeneration negation up to a low-godly level, for being able to prevent Solaris’s mind (which feasibly has the same abilities as Mephiles) from regenerating itself.
I agree with this

Sure, but Solaris’s consciousness was clearly a tangible entity, unlike the incorporeal shadow form that Mephiles took. So, if it was physical, then Solaris’s consciousness with Mephiles’s powers could not make a new physical form of the consciousness after the physical consciousness form was destroyed.

I did consider it is possible that when the Supers wiped out Solaris’s physical consciousness they also wiped out his incorporeal mind, or that the ball itself was incorporeal and super forms have some enhanced non physical interaction showing here. I’m open to multiple ideas.

I did consider it is possible that when the Supers wiped out Solaris’s physical consciousness they also wiped out his incorporeal mind, or that the ball itself was incorporeal and super forms have some enhanced non physical interaction showing here. I’m open to multiple ideas.
I mean it doesn't matter really, if it is part of the body then it should have the regen

I mean it doesn't matter really, if it is part of the body then it should have the regen
If they wiped out the incorporeal mind directly then it wouldn’t be regen negation, cuz Solaris doesn’t have mid-godly. So I just want to make sure.

Since I literally came up with this idea last year, I agree (but I take credit if this goes through)

This is already listed as being mind manipulation.
I know, I made this under the pretense that Solaris’s consciousness was the manifestation of Mephiles; who had low-godly; and that Solaris’s consciousness in the boss fight was physical (since Sonic bounces off when crashing into it like he does with the light shells), so that Sonic destroying the physical form of the consciousness and it not coming back was signifying that the incorporeal consciousness couldn’t recreate a physical form. I did also posit some alternatives though, so if I’m wrong I would appreciate clarification:

I didn’t count the shells because it was specifically stated that they were anchoring Solaris in the dimension, so arguably he just chose not to regenerate them.

"Regeneration Negation (Up to Low-Godly; Solaris was incapable of recreating itself after the Super Trio defeated it by striking the consciousness held in its core, which should retain Mephiles' level of regeneration due to him representing Solaris' cunning mind in contrast to Iblis' raw power)".

Thoughts? Suggestions? Tweaks?

Last edited:
"Regeneration Negation (Up to Low-Godly; Solaris was incapable of recreating itself after the Super Trio struck the consciousness held in its core, which should retain Mephiles' level of regeneration due to him representing Solaris' cunning mind in contrast to Iblis' raw power)".

ad in the fact that sonic decapitated solaris also

"Regeneration Negation (Up to Low-Godly; Solaris was incapable of recreating itself after the Super Trio struck the consciousness held in its core, which should retain Mephiles' level of regeneration due to him representing Solaris' cunning mind in contrast to Iblis' raw power)".

Seems fine to me, but we still need one more staff to agree.

I think it could work as long as the super forms didn’t outright destroy Solaris’s incorporeal mind, which admittedly I’m still unsure about.

It’s possible he just chose not to regenerate those parts, Eggman said that the light shells were anchoring Solaris.

Sort of, in his second phase he just seems to not have it either, and this was when Eggman said Solaris was unbeatable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back