• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible weakness for Noctis.

So, i recently beat FFXV and there is something (a weakness, to be more specific) i´d like to add to Noct´s profile page, namely the fact that he can only summon the Astrals when he is in a perilous situation (kinda like how Cloud "must be hard pressed in order to use his Limit Breaks"). Now, i am not entirely sure as to whether this is just an in- game mechanic or not, so feel free to enlighten me if it is.

Well, Shiva and Bahamut can appear to him on a whim during Ifrit's boss fight, not much "peril" required aside from just being a fight.

And even Bahamut had trouble killing him and ultimately failed to do so, which, to be perfectly honest, should be complete and utter bs, what with him being the strongest Astral and stuff, just like summons continuing to be as OP as ever even after the timeskip (they can still quite easily get you out of an otherwise unwinnable battle even though they should be significantly weaker than Noctis, although that could be a gameplay mechanic).

To be fair, Ifrit dodged most of Bahamut's Ultima Sword and only barely parried the final attack.

Ring of Lucii consumed the user's soul (much faster rate for non-Lucian bloodline, as in Nyx's case) in exchange for power, it even killed and destroyed Noctis' soul along with all of the previous Kings of Lucis' soul with the ring's final power (and ultimately destroyed the ring as well)

Regis used the Ring of the Lucii to channel the power of Insomnia's Crystal. With it, he maintains the a City sized barrier, which gradually drains his life-force

I think this is the core weakness of Noctis along with his predecessors

Gonna be honest, did you even pay attention to the ending?

The Ring drains one's life force, yes, but all that does is make them age at an accelerated rate, it doesn't consume their soul.

Also, absolutely nothing says that using the ring destroyed the souls of Noctis and the rest of the Kings. Even though it's open to interpretation, how do you explain the wedding scene, in that case?

Well, you did watched the final scene (excluding the wedding scene) where all of the souls destroyed in pieces (Noctis, Ardyn, the Kings too after they hit Ardyn), and the fact is The Ring of Lucii already destroyed, there is no other way to summon The Lucian Kings again.

Maybe I put it in a wrong way, consuming soul = draining life force, sorry for the confusion, but it's a fact that Noctis died at the end of story, whether his soul destroyed or not, both Lunafreya and Noctis were finally rested in peace --> the clear interpretation, am I right? It's written and said everywhere on the story, The True King must sacrifice his life to end the Starscourge blablah so on,.. the vague one is the fates of his comrades, the fate of Noctis and Lunafreya are clear in my opinion.

Did you watched the Kingsglaive? Nyx puts on the Ring of the Lucii and is granted its power in exchange for his life, and even Noctis initially reluctant to wear the Ring, because he knows the side-effect, and it will eventually leads him to his demise

Back