• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential "Tags" for Fun & Games threads

Bobsican

He/Him
As we all now the situation with the topics now being limited to what´s potentially going to actually change a page, rather than just related to the topic itself, it has come the idea to make special "tags" for such threads in the all-known Fun and Games board

Any suggestions?

Examples:

- Off-Topic: Should be used when making meme threads or something not mainly about indexing to the site.

- Hax Revisions: When something about X character/verse´s hax is being revised, questioned, etc, this topic should be used.

- Power Revisions: When a character/verse is getting checked about the Attack Potency, Speed, Durabilty and other stats of this fashion.

- Friendly Discussion: Usable only to threads about simple conversations about a franchise or something up to the OP. Not to be used in the Questions and Answers board for obvious reasons.

- Image Sharing: Applicable to threads which main topic is to well... share pictures for the entertainment of everyone. Not to be used when requesting scans for some sort of CRT.

- RP Thread: For threads about Role Playing characters as a form of entertainment. Not to be confused with a Vs. Thread.

- Non-Serious Battle: Tiers equalized? Stuff like Dora the Explorer with the Triforce Vs. Ultra Instinct Shaggy? Should you make a Vs. Thread that simply wasn´t meant to meet the criteria to be applicable to some profiles, this one is for you.

- Other: Something too unique and specific that doesn´t really fit any of the above? This tag is for you.

Note that they are just examples, they may be applied in the end, but it´s likely that a few more will be needed.

Megamangohan said:
Fungus Minipulation?
No, that would bring confusion between the tag and the Fungus Manipulation page (which a bunch of threads need to be removed from it)

There´s also the fact that the before-mentioned Off-Topic tag does what it was meant for in a more appropiate way.

People still make joke battles on the fan and games borde every now and then, like spring trap with the infinte gauntlet vs all other indie horror franchises.

The suggested tags in the OP look good to me.

Good point, it probably would be nice to have around.

Gotta wait for Ryukama´s input.

Edit: (Looks how Ryukama ninja´d me)

...Oh, I´ll add the Joke Battles idea to the OP.

Nah I don't think a tag is needed for Joke Battles

I don't think we need a tag for every single little topic of a F&G Board. Also naming a tag the name of another wiki would just be confusing.

Good point, however, we should at least have the most basic ones around.

It can also just be named instead "Non-Serious Battle", by the way. In fact, I´ll go ahead and change the name of it in the OP.

I think that all of the suggestions seem fine, except for "Power Revisions", as that is not what the F&G board is for.

Should I ask the Fandom staff to add them as topics?

But a question should be asked, would it be ok to tag the pages on these non serious battles? It should probably be made clear with the category's discrption.

Antvasima said:
I think that all of the suggestions seem fine, except for "Power Revisions", as that is not what the F&G board is for.
Should I ask the Fandom staff to add them as topics?
"Power Revisions" and "Hax Revisions" were more meant for actual threads for the wiki, so such topics get a degree of highlight, as the Content Revision board is often with a bunch of other things. As for the question, not yet, I have a feeling some more discussion is needed, just to make sure.

So, should I ask about the following topics then?

Off-Topic

Friendly Discussion

Image Sharing

Role Playing

Joke Battles/Non-Serious Battles (The former sounds better, but may be confusing, as Ryukama mentioned.)

Other

I don't think that I should ask about the following topics, as content revision discussions should preferably simply add the main affected pages, and only 4 of them are allowed.

Hax Revisions

Power Revisions

Back