• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good idea.

I must ask, to what extent are non-combat characters allowed? Clearly Charlie and Rose are not fine, but where is the line drawn? There seems to have been a gross abundance of profiles from sitcoms, or comedy shows, or random youtube media, lots of which have next to nothing combat wise.

IMO the line is that characters need to be capable for stuff beyond normal humans, and said feat was potrayed as supernatural within the context of the verse, and not just straight up gag feats and logical wtfs

I am not sure where exactly to draw the line either. Sorry.

I suppose this is something we must make a thread on, then.

These last few months have been utter turmoil in regards to what can and can not be allowed, yet we still don't know.

...Perhaps another time, though. We're busy enough as it is.

Yes, the wiki is very overworked in general.

Nemo212 said:
Well, in all fairness, I suppose that you could say it's a composite profile, which isn't allowed. Mongrel could mean anything from Husky x Saint Bernard to a Chihuahua x Daschund.
Chihuahua x Daschund Called Chiweenie.

You can ask him to comment here.

I made a Harrier Du Bois profile and when I was putting images in, it came to my notice that there was already a Harry Du Bois profile. So I looked through it and while it was fairly well-made, it only was a surface-level coverage of the character and there was plenty of plagiarised descriptive text from their Gamepedia site. Also, the guy's actual name is Harrier and the nickname Harry is only used by one person within the game.

I was nearly done with the profile, so I put in the images and quotes and published it anyway. I'll leave it up to you guys about what is to be done.

@Cropfist

The page was restored and fixed instead.

@Tactical

I deleted the Harry page.

Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions and its only character, Rikka Takanashi, should be deleted, because, as stated on the verse page:

"Chunibyo is a regular romantic comedy series with no supernatural powers whatsoever.

However, the main cast suffer (or used to suffer, in Yuuta and Shinka's case) 8th grader syndrome, which makes them making up imaginative delusions where they have special powers or weapons.

Within these make believe sequences, there have been Large Town level to City level feats. But in reality said characters are no higher than Average Human levels."

And it's totally true: the whole cast are just chuunibyou, and thus daydream a lot about having fantastic powers, but it's all in their mind and explicity fake, so they are just regular humans with a lot of imagination.

Well, then, Patrick Batema and The Joker (Arthur Fleck) ought to be deleted too if that's the case. If you've seen either movie, you'll know that both of them are unreliable, delusional protagonists. Not everything in either Joker or American Psycho actually happened (the police car scene was explicitly confirmed to be fake, everything from the ATM scene on is definitely fake but we don't know how much after). Depending on how you interpret it, you could even say that none of it happened and they're all just crazy.

Do you want to go that route?

That's exactly the problem, though. You can't even know if those feats are real or just the delusions of a madman cooped up in Arkham.

I don't know about Patrick Bateman, but Arthur is a totally different case. He's delusional for obvious reasons, but the movie also shows scenes that aren't from his distorted vision (such as when we're shown how all the scenes with his "girlfriend" actually went) and very factual things that happened (the shooting on the subway, the murders of Murray and the Waynes), but how much is real and how much is fake is left ambigous because that's pretty much the point.

Chuunibyou explicity shows what's real and what isn't, all their feats and abilities are explicity only on their mind, and they are explicity just regular people with a lot of imagination. So they're case is not the same as Arthur, since unlike him, we actually what's real in here.

I have deleted the verse and page in question.

Ionliosite said:
how much is real and how much is fake is left ambigous because that's pretty much the point.
Well, yeah. You look at it a certain way and everything is implausible. You really think an emaciated, nearly skeletal man can do all the athletic things he does in the movie? You think he could run more than a block without collapsing in real life? You think he could really inspire a political revolution and get on the equivalent of the Tonight Show just by being bad at comedy?

You mentioned the Wayne and Murray assassinations, but they both have implausible circumstances leading up to them too. They could have happened. They might not have.

Maybe it's real. But maybe it's not.

Anyways, I digress. This is PFR deletions, and we're talking about a chuuni anime. You can go for it, but I think it's dangerous territory.

We disallow profiles based on statistics that we know are from sequences that didn't happen.

For verses where this sort of thing is ambiguous (I was thinking of making a profile for Wilfred which has this issue - we don't know if Wilfred is a godlike being or a delusion), it's allowed, but if it's a serious issue a note should be included indicating the uncertainty.

Crazylatin77 said:
What about Calvin and Hobbes? By that logic, wouldn't this verse need to be terminated as well?
Well, they at least are in tier 9, rendering them fine to stay out of superhuman physical stats, however, most of the pages have to be nuked obviously as they are nothing more than "sheer" normal imagination.

However, Reality Equalizatio could be argued for so they can stay, which would also mean that Rikka can stay too, but that's up to debate.

Tbh. I'm kinda not entirely against some of these pages, when judging of their consistency. If their world is consistent and not just a Haha Funny gag that happens one time, or is widely inconsistent, I think some pages should be fine. But that's just me I suppose, haha one time appearances or gags that anime's and cartoons sometimes do shouldn't be applicable. But actual consistent worlds and or characters I think should be ok. Calvin being an example of being ok.

Can someone make a separate thread to discuss about Rikka and Calvin & Hobbes stuff being fine? This seems to be going to take quite more discussion than the average complaint.

Well, for me, I think they are fine to stay, but it depends on how consistent their portrayals are, as things that only happen once and are never brought back once more are obviously a no per the Reality Equalization page.

Calvin and Hobbes, and Rikka falling in there is up to discussion, as I'm not in either series, so I can't tell.

You can link to the thread here afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back