• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody ask the one that made the Rikka profile to give some input on the thread above?

It seems she can stay depending on how "consistent" the imagination showings are, more details in the thread.

Bobsican said:
Can somebody ask the one that made the Rikka profile to give some input on the thread above?

It seems she can stay depending on how "consistent" the imagination showings are, more details in the thread.
The only person who said that was Butters, no staff members have commented on the thread. You cannot know what would be required for that profile to stay yet...

Also, that thread you linked has nothing to do with imaginary characters, it's about Reality Equalization.

Bobsican said:
Imaginary characters are subject to reality equalization, for obvious reasons.
That's not reality though, it's not a real realm.

So here, we deleted the profile for the Detective Pikachu version of Mewtwo. So basically, I asked if Detective Pikachu should also be deleted due to having the same problems. And ProfessorKukui4Life here gave his answer to the question: "Pikachu should be the same as Mewtwo, so IDEK why we even need a Detective Pikachu page. It's not a special pikachu, just a regular pikachu given Harry's soul but then becomes a regular pikachu again at the end of the movie."

In case you wonder, this was the reasoning given for deleting Mewtwo:

"As far as Detective Pikachu Mewtwo himself goes, his page should be straight up deleted in general and just add his stuff onto Mewtwo's composite page.

Detective Pikachu is already confirmed to have taken place in the same Pokemon Multiverse, it is not its own seperate thing. So there is absolutely no reason why Mewtwos stats from this movie should be any different from any other Mewtwo in the first place."

@Ionliosite Multiple people in that thread, including an admin Cal, disagree with deleting Pikachu even though they're fine with Mewtwo being deleted.

More discussion is needed on that topic, it shouldn't be deleted yet.

I know we need to discuss it, you literally told me on that thread to bring the discussion here when I told you it we should have it on that thread.

I'm fine with keeping it tbh, it's unique enough (with the soul thing) that it should be fine.

Mr. Bambu said:
I'm fine with keeping it tbh, it's unique enough (with the soul thing) that it should be fine.
But in that case, the profile is enterily wrong, as a Pikachu is by no means 9-B. In facts, its feats would actually put as 7-A.

That's a reason for upgrading it, not to delete it.

Ionliosite said:
I know we need to discuss it, you literally told me on that thread to bring the discussion here when I told you it we should have it on that thread.
Yes but by "discuss it" I mea "Continue talking with Cal and Jason about whether they're right or wrong", while you were just saying that no more discussion is necessary and we should just delete it now.

If you actually wanted to keep discussing it with them, sorry for my misunderstanding. I thought you were asking for it to be deleted right now.

Because that thread is almost 100 posts long, and no counter argument given to keep the profile wasn't already contradicted by the fact Mewtwo's profile got deleted.

Counterarguments were given, I disagree with them, but people believed in them and kept defending them.

You can't just skip over disagreements like that and get a profile deleted anyway.

I said counterarguments were given, but I also said all of them get contradicted by the fact none of them stopped Mewtwo from being deleted.

They already knew about that "contradiction" since the start and believed in those counterarguments, and kept giving those counterarguments regardless.

fwiw I agree with deleting it, but I don't think it's right to ignore that they disagree.

This issue should probably be discussed in another thread.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Disruptio

I thought this was a verse-specific power due to the image and the quote. There are many problems with this

• It's a word, not a power. It's is redundant next to just the powers we already have to make it happen and the page disallows some interpretations of the word, which is dumb.
  • This wasn't accepted anywhere and was clumsily constructed, this alone should be a rule to make pages about powers be deleted without someone arguing a why.

For reference, this is the page's creator, and the only profile that links to it is Gorast.

That user has also made this Nova Blast a severely unfinished verse-specific power.

>Sees Nova Blast

Eh, I don't want to sound any more mean but that should be deleted as well, showing things this incomplete is simply not within our standards.

I agree with that. A lot of the AP and speed feats desperately need calcs. It also is a little weird that his enhanced senses seemingly scales to Indiana Jones...

May I ask what guess work was used?

Tornado feats came from here

Vaporizing sharks came from the human calc, but multiplied to fit shark weight (still scaled down a bit)

Maybe save to a sandbox and get the feats calced. Some doesn't seem far fetched. Wall feats seem to make sense. I wouldn't doubt vaporizing a sharp which are notably bigger than a human. Which is about 300 Megajoules per human.

Vaporizing sharks can't be calculated by doing that, and a blog should have been made anyway so that a calc member could have evaluated it and told you that.

I don't know how I feel about having bombs neutralizing tornadoes scaling to the entire KE of the tornado, that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Subsonic and High Hypersonic speeds need calcs.

Dodging feats don't work like that.

All of the ones without calculations backing them up currently, except for the Wall level one.

The Wall level statistics seemed self-explanatory.

Screw it. Just delete the profile. The Sharknados are a pain in the ass to do anything with due to a severe lack of information, and I don't have the patience to spend hours just trying to look up scientific facts about sharks so I can do that math.

Anyone who's smart and willing to suffer through the six movies can do this instead.

All relevant Sharknado info (aside from whatever's in the book) as well as the character blogs can be found here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back