• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I’d like to add in that your grade as a fixer is not = to your actual physical capabilities at all. Some fixers specialize in different things to get certain jobs down, and you can go up the ranks by just excelling within a certain skill group, not just fighting.

I’d like to add in that your grade as a fixer is not = to your actual physical capabilities at all. Some fixers specialize in different things to get certain jobs down, and you can go up the ranks by just excelling within a certain skill group, not just fighting.
Yeah, although it's still an effective enough denominator since most of the Fixers we deal with are combat ones or capable of combat.

Plus statistically richer Fixers will have better augmentations.

Its a sufficient rule of thumb thing. You wont get around combat in 90% of occupations anyway, outside of maybe Workshop fixers. And even those can fight

Back to my initial question, do you think you could scale Philip's Volatile E.G.O. to characters like Lowell via better in-game stats?

It'll probably part of my argument for the page regardless (if I ever get to it).

In an alternate universe kirito would still be 4-A and we could do both those matches

I do feel like I'm giving off the image I am arguing for a 100% integration of story and gameplay. I am not. Ricardo for example is designed as an unwinnable fight so his rolls are abnormally high at times. Vergillius too has obscenely high rolls as he is made to dominate that part of the story. Bringing back later IDs to an earlier Canto to compare rolls is also something I do not argue for.

The Librarians themselves are the worst offenders as they explicitly wield the power of each books but have wildly ranging stats from the Guests.

My Ruina point is that statistics in THAT game can be at times used as a "measuring stick" in terms of matters like HP or stagger. It's a decent indication of what goes where to an EXTENT. For one, as I just stated, I don't think Librarians should be used at all in this context since they're incongruent with their own portrayal.

I also don't generally agree that rolls for combat pages should be used either, I am only talking about Blazing Strike at all because it is mentioned by the Devs to be a stronger page, not necessarily just because its rolls are stronger.

Regardless, Philip/Dawnclair would probably be something like At least 9-A, likely 8-B due to being stronger than Oscar by an unknown amount. While Blazing strike would either be 8-A or just a generic, "far higher".

I changed the thread title because I couldn't find this one before realizing it was made back when it was just Lobotomy.

Where are people getting grade 3 EGO Philip from? I was just going to do him as an "at least 9-A," Sure he's stronger than Oscar/Salvador but those two just weren't going to have the upper tier just like Mei wasn't going to have the lower one. I genuinely have no idea what to put Crying Children 1 as though it seems to be the same entity that devastated a nest and was fighting Liu Section 1 (while losing) but it's also encountered at a point in time where things are still 9-A.

Regarding scaling him to Lowell via in game stats, I don't think that's a great idea. They can help us out when we already have other context, like Yujin being beyond an average grade 1 when healthy or Nikolai's Disposal being 8-A flat rather than a splitter, but it shouldn't be the sole thing you're going based off of. This is especially true with how a stronger version of him hadn't seemed to inflict any casualties on the Liu.

I changed the thread title because I couldn't find this one before realizing it was made back when it was just Lobotomy.

Where are people getting grade 3 EGO Philip from? I was just going to do him as an "at least 9-A," Sure he's stronger than Oscar/Salvador but those two just weren't going to have the upper tier just like Mei wasn't going to have the lower one. I genuinely have no idea what to put Crying Children 1 as though it seems to be the same entity that devastated a nest and was fighting Liu Section 1 (while losing) but it's also encountered at a point in time where things are still 9-A.
I mostly got the idea from this thread. Guessing this part of the scaling chain is abandoned then. Judging from Limbus Company he'd be comparable to post Canto VI stuff due to chronology though I have no idea what the scaling is there.

Crying Children was treated with caution by Liu Section 1 and did require an extended battle. Xiao explicitly tells her Fixers to give it your all so it's probably a danger to the likes of Mirris and Chun to some extent.

I suppose rating him at 9-A, possibly or likely 8-A wouldn't be an awful idea.

Regarding scaling him to Lowell via in game stats, I don't think that's a great idea. They can help us out when we already have other context, like Yujin being beyond an average grade 1 when healthy or Nikolai's Disposal being 8-A flat rather than a splitter, but it shouldn't be the sole thing you're going based off of.
That's reasonable enough, I guess I'll just concede on this point overall.

At the moment I'm not taking Limbus IDs that seriously for scaling, besides Garnet's in Leviathan. R Corp IDs being at the start of the game has a lot to do with it, as does the fact others know Limbus a lot better than I do. I doubt they're totally useless but unless we've got some more context or something rather direct (Boundary > Roland's pistol) I personally am more inclined to avoid basing stuff too heavily off that.

At the moment I'm not taking Limbus IDs that seriously for scaling, besides Garnet's in Leviathan. R Corp IDs being at the start of the game has a lot to do with it, as does the fact others know Limbus a lot better than I do. I doubt they're totally useless but unless we've got some more context or something rather direct (Boundary > Roland's pistol) I personally am more inclined to avoid basing stuff too heavily off that.
For the most part R Corp IDs are the only real outlier. IDs are regularly mentioned as canon in game and we have cutscenes and regular dialogue where they appear.

Some IDs even have unique interactions with Canto enemies like N Corp Sinclair staggering Kromer at the battle start while she gives shocked dialogue or Ishmael having a unique passive and dialogue against Ahab.

IDs generally are also based off of people that appear in the Canto so they do pretty much scale based off them.

Walpurgisnacht IDs (like Dawn Office Sinclair) are also acknowledged as appearing only during these specific events and as being summonable. They canonically appear upon the Walpurgisnacht event with Dawn Office's Walpurgisnacht directly referencing Canto VI events.

They're integral part of the plot (especially Canto VI) and characters like Demian hint at their implications and consequences.

On the topic of identities, Limbus gives a lot of details in Dante's Notes, including stuff like Upties and leveling up. Below is a ramble tbh, I haven't really formulated this into a revision format yet with links and imgur posts.

For a short-hand, Identities level up and uptie to become more akin to their original counterpart in physical and other abilities. However, they can end up being stronger than the original and we see this with the leveling system where until a Canto is done, we are restricted in terms of how far we can level them. For Canto IV for instance, the cap was risen by 5 and we can thus bring Canto I to III Identities beyond their "initial limit". We can do the same in Canto V where we bring Canto IV identities past their limit too. The exact level doesn't matter to this, not going to argue level X id or enemy is stronger than X, but what matters is there is line of demarcation from levels. We know that there is a limit to how far we can level up an ID and once they are at the Canto cap this shows they have become "equal" to their counterpart.

Another line of Demarcation exists in the fact that "Limited" Identities are specifically marked as Canto IDs, Walpurgiscnacht IDs, or Event IDs. This is important because these offer another line in the sand we can draw. The aforementioned IDs can be placed under the level brackets of the Canto they appear in with the raising of the level limit being the demarcating point.

Standard IDs are the most tenuous in terms of things like canonicity because, while they are canon (Dante's notes mentions chatting with Liu Gregor's identity) we can't pin down when they would appear in story to be put under the demarcation limits of things like levels (again, minus mentions in story). This does help with certain issues however, allowing us to get rid of the issue with R Corps IDs to an extent (or we could just write them off as weaker in general since R Corp's employees aren't uniform in strength) for example.

Posted a Xiao page

Also a Xiao vs match

Xiao's forum tag seems to be broken, so if anyone knows how to fix that that'd be nice figured it out

Was also considering messing around with the verse page galleries to tag up to date profiles with a different border color, since it'll be a while before all the Abnos get fixed, what do people think of that

Last edited:
That speed scaling is gonna bother me until the day I die I swear to god.

Time for the Pmoon take over now.

Posted a Xiao page

Also a Xiao vs match

Xiao's forum tag seems to be broken, so if anyone knows how to fix that that'd be nice figured it out

Was also considering messing around with the verse page galleries to tag up to date profiles with a different border color, since it'll be a while before all the Abnos get fixed, what do people think of that
Posts the character who isn't a main character

you just hate me dont' you

Posted a Xiao page

Also a Xiao vs match

Good stuff. Only thing is that the Battle Symbol "A Potential Color" is based off of Chun. Xiao mentions Chun as having the potential to become a colour + the symbol is the same scar on Chun's cheek.

Posts the character who isn't a main character

you just hate me dont' you
Roland, Angela, and the non Binah sephirah are gonna take forever because of customization, and I think other people already wanted to do Roland and Angela

Really, if you finish the librarian page or Roland page then the rest become easier, mainly because they can all use the same key pages so… y’know. Do one you’ve done the rest, package deal really.

Back