• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype AP downgrade

In regards to the 8-A to Low 7-C downgrade, that was already discussed in another thread and dismissed due to game mechanics. Also it the bases are violently fragmented in game. Even using the portion of the base destroyed in game (let's say 1/3rd), it'd still be well into 8-B (42.3851666667 Tons of TNT), not even accounting for the fact that Mercer absolutely tanked it.

8-A is consistent, as Goliaths can shake bases to pieces from a distance, which is apparently 8-A, and Grene in mother form can perform a similar feat. Heller can withstand thermobaric missiles, which Blackwatch would have used to destroy Manhatta with continuous bombardment. Even the weakest infected are stated and implied to have destroyed and damaged buildings in large groups. Finally, there's always the city spanning devastator at the end of the game.

I believe Weekly calced the portion of the nuke Mercer withstood as 8-A. I'll try dig it up.

Edit: Quote

"The nuke at 1 mile away would mean the energy he's being hit by is 8-A+ (140150502819 joules to be exact), consistent with him being low-end 8-A and being almost killed."

ByAsura said:
I believe Weekly calced the portion of the nuke Mercer withstood as 8-A. I'll try dig it up.
But I thought Mercer doesn't scale to it by durability, especially when Regenerationn is the main reason he survives (and the fact that the nuke is portrayed as 7-B in AP)?

I was saying that withstanding the nuke isn't an upgrade, even at its highest.

Weekly must've been vastly overestimating the energy there, if there is 1 mile of distance and the nuke is only 7-B the energy he endured there won't go past 8-C when you apply the method outlined by the explosion yields page.

It's an anti-feat

Nice. Now that everything is concluded, I am going to mention this:

Should Mercer get Self-Sustenance Type 3 added to his profile? From what I can tell, he should likely not even require sleep as he was able to walk around without needing his internal organs, such as his brain, to be intact (I mean, if you don't even get incapacitated/knocked out when your brain is effectively rendered to mush, why should you be limited by the requirements of sleep?). It also links with Mercer already having limitless stamina in his profile as well.

I think that we can only list abilities that have been explicitly stated or demonstrated, not ones derived from informed guesswork.

In the specific feat though, is building wasn't quite violent fragged.

I'm not sure why it would be game mechanics that this building happens to blow up differently, unless I forgot him going around violent fragging other buildings just like it.

Back