• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Discussion Thread

The movie was incredible, definitely in the top 5 of my favorite Dreamworks movies, maybe even top 3.
AP wise, I believe that "the Wolf" destroying those blocks of crystals alone could be 9-A, but I personally believe that both him and Puss should scale well above the Giant at the beginning of the movie considering that Puss defeated him without any problem but was absolutely stomped by "the Wolf" soon after.

Whatever feats Puss gets, does scaling remain self contained within his movies or can they be cross-scaled to other characters within the same setting but different movies such as the Shrek series?

The movie was incredible, definitely in the top 5 of my favorite Dreamworks movies, maybe even top 3.
AP wise, I believe that "the Wolf" destroying those blocks of crystals alone could be 9-A, but I personally believe that both him and Puss should scale well above the Giant at the beginning of the movie considering that Puss defeated him without any problem but was absolutely stomped by "the Wolf" soon after.
Puss didn't beat the giant either power. He used mobility and the giant own strength against it.

Puss didn't beat the giant either power. He used mobility and the giant own strength against it.
It's definitely a debatable and controversial scaling, but I personally think that it would work. Puss damaged the Giant at least two times by stabbing him, both times making him scream him pain, and he didn't even consider him a danger, taking his fight with him as a game, while he was stomped and scared by "the Wolf" after their first fight. So while he was confident that he could beat the Giant without problems, the same can't be said for "the Wolf".
But I realize that it might be a bit too debatable if they scale or not, so I will leave the decision to others. I can definitely see a "possibly", thought.
Anyways, does anyone have a image of the Cave of Lost Soul in which the crystals are seen in the same shot as Puss? Because I wanted to try to make a rough calculation of "the Wolf" breaking those crystals, but in my country the movie is not available for streaming yet despite it being out since more than a month.

The movie was great!

As right now i think we can all agree that Puss in Boots profile can have the resurrection ability

The end of movie also shows that he is a dual wielder for a tag, with Kitty's dagger being a optional equipment

The crystal would definitely be an at least, since the last one he destroys is by just being in close proximity without even needing to slash it.

In terms of giant scaling, I’d be more iffy about it since both of those were notably splinter type hurting. I wouldn’t scale a splinter to me because it hurt me.

Saw the movie 2 of this month and was really good, a profile for goldilocks and the bears would be cool.

Puss in Boost should have two keys, one from Shriek continuity were he still had his 9 lives and another one for Puss in Boost were he don't have more lives but is more skilled and mature (he also developed a sixth sense that tell him when death is near).

Saw the movie 2 of this month and was really good, a profile for goldilocks and the bears would be cool.

Puss in Boost should have two keys, one from Shriek continuity were he still had his 9 lives and another one for Puss in Boost were he don't have more lives but is more skilled and mature (he also developed a sixth sense that tell him when death is near).
Goldilocks seems to be unusually strong since she can wrestle her fellow mama bears, and if I remember correctly she was able to hurt either Puss in Boots or Kitty Softpaws from the movie.

Shrek thing feels fine, if those ice feats that Wolf does are 9-A. It’d carry onto Shrek which probably shouldn’t happen Unless Shrek punches him in Shrek 5.

Goldilocks seems to be unusually strong since she can wrestle her fellow mama bears, and if I remember correctly she was able to hurt either Puss in Boots or Kitty Softpaws from the movie.

Shrek thing feels fine, if those ice feats that Wolf does are 9-A. It’d carry onto Shrek which probably shouldn’t happen Unless Shrek punches him in Shrek 5.
She outright stomp his brother, and his brother itself I sort of remember already having some good feats (I think he could even fight Puss in Boost or Kitty, would need to look again to be sure), and she was show to be dangerous to Puss in Boots and Kitty.

Shrek and co was supposed to be upgraded to at least 9-A from like 2021, likely even higher, is just that that thread is cursed and despite the calcs and all the talks people just forget and/or lose interest on it short after be revived each time.

She outright stomp his brother, and his brother itself I sort of remember already having some good feats (I think he could even fight Puss in Boost or Kitty, would need to look again to be sure), and she was show to be dangerous to Puss in Boots and Kitty.

Shrek and co was supposed to be upgraded to at least 9-A from like 2021, likely even higher, is just that that thread is cursed and despite the calcs and all the talks people just forget and/or lose interest on it short after be revived each time.
I know the brother overwhelmed him during the stealing of Jack Horner’s stuff, although this was notably because Puss was armed with a stick. Although, still sent him flying. The fight scene with battling for the map also has Goldilocks kicking away Kitty to get the map and since she isn’t the shot to fight back, it’s likely she was shortly Incapacitated.

Not much to say about the Shrek thing, though if Puss is 9-A I don’t think we should carry it onto him until Shrek gets upgraded. Although, I think we’re on the same page since we already agreed on two keys.

I know the brother overwhelmed him during the stealing of Jack Horner’s stuff, although this was notably because Puss was armed with a stick. Although, still sent him flying. The fight scene with battling for the map also has Goldilocks kicking away Kitty to get the map and since she isn’t the shot to fight back, it’s likely she was shortly Incapacitated.

Not much to say about the Shrek thing, though if Puss is 9-A I don’t think we should carry it onto him until Shrek gets upgraded. Although, I think we’re on the same page since we already agreed on two keys.
Even if Puss in Boots was using a stick that don't mean that he suddenly would be physically far weaker so the bear brother should scale.

The Puss in Boots films alone have enough material and reasons to make it a different key (like a few new abilitites, better skill, far more maturity and stuff like that), so even if their ap don't end different the two keys should be made.

Even if Puss in Boots was using a stick that don't mean that he suddenly would be physically far weaker so the bear brother should scale.

The Puss in Boots films alone have enough material and reasons to make it a different key (like a few new abilitites, better skill, far more maturity and stuff like that), so even if their ap don't end different the two keys should be made.
He’d scale physically definitely. Although, obviously if he had a weapon Puss would probably make good work of him.

Puss shouldn't scale to the giant.

If I could get a good reference as to those crystals sizes compares to puss or the wolf I'd be happy to try and calc it.

It probably shouldn't scale to Shrek.

dividing Puss into separate tiers based off his lives doesn't make much sense considering we don't know at which point in his life he lost those lives. He could have lost some by the time of Shrek but we are left in the dark on that.

Puss shouldn't scale to the giant.

If I could get a good reference as to those crystals sizes compares to puss or the wolf I'd be happy to try and calc it.

It probably shouldn't scale to Shrek.

dividing Puss into separate tiers based off his lives doesn't make much sense considering we don't know at which point in his life he lost those lives. He could have lost some by the time of Shrek but we are left in the dark on that.
Tbf we could just divide it similarly because of how he's portrayed, like keys' "Shrek Flims". "Spinoff Movies." He's portrayed in this light in one and another in one. For Spinoff Movies, we could do a likely, though since Shrek is clearly referenced in the movie.

yeah I suppose.

Looking over the scene I legitimately have no clue how to compare the size of the crystals to anyone in this scence

I mean, based on the fact that in the Shrek movies or Puss in Boosts 1 wasn't mentioned in any moment any of his deaths is quite possible that he still haven't lost most if not any of them, so could be added to the profiles as 'Have at least 1 more live, possibly 9 more' or something like that.

I mean, based on the fact that in the Shrek movies or Puss in Boosts 1 wasn't mentioned in any moment any of his deaths is quite possible that he still haven't lost most if not any of them, so could be added to the profiles as 'Have at least 1 more live, possibly 9 more' or something like that.
Well we'd know he'd have at least one more. He had two at the start of the movie and lost that one.

But the reason it wasn't mentioned in Shrek was because they obviously just didn't want to address it/it wasn't a thing that existed yet.

I don't think this is something that can be retroactively applied. At least, not easily.

Here. 24 second mark seems like a good angle. Although it only shows the front.
Thanks, that was exactly the shot that I was searching for. When I will have a bit of time I will try to make the calculation, but it might take some days considering I am pretty busy this days.

he's not really near any of the crystals so it's hard to tell if this would be good enough
Yeah, I guess so. Either way, their second tier for Spinoffs would easily be Wall level for their Crystal feats, even without a calculation. Death cutting a table in half, Puss being flung by the giant at extremely high speeds into a wall and tanking it. And, of course, the animated spinoff feats.

Also, with Building level Puss In Boots, you could technically do those shorts with Kung Fu Panda characters vs them now.

Yeah, I guess so. Either way, their second tier for Spinoffs would easily be Wall level for their Crystal feats, even without a calculation. Death cutting a table in half, Puss being flung by the giant at extremely high speeds into a wall and tanking it. And, of course, the animated spinoff feats.
The second key would at the very least be the same as his first key (likely 9-A or above if the Shrek crt is ever applied) since Puss in Boots movies happen after Shirek.

I don't think there are any notable feats in the movie other than support feats.
Yeah, in principle I don't remember something big for speed in the Puss in Boots movies, so he likely would just have the speed from the previous key (which would need for the Shrek crt to be finished first).

The shows he has one Netflix should be more looked at I think. I've heard from a ton of people there's potential lightning stuff there.

Also, the map and the star are linked with each other and it seems pretty blatant the star's magic is what's causing the large ass fissures and terraforming going on in the forest, and lobo just walks through the magic walls given off by the star like it's nothing. I think there's possible scaling of Death to the star personally.

The star also would've granted Jack the ability to grow huge enough to be like a third of the planet's size and seemed to be absorbing magic from the planet or something which might be a possible peak of the star's power.

I doubt we'd scale it to Puss here, but the wolf should get the scaling imo

From what I've seen it doesnt look like anything that would buff Puss AP wise, since ofc the Giant was just finessed. Definitely need to add the fact Puss in Boots had 9 lives and perhaps some mid fate manipulation since he was able to avoid Death (Who seems to be the actual abstract concept of Death) when he had sought him.

Death is a bit weird in itself, since theres no explanation on what this wolf form is, but we do see hints of his more abstract nature despite choosing to fight Puss physically. Think he would warrant a bit of an Unknown tier in general alongside a scaling to Puss as it truly doesnt seem like we've seen him at what he actually is.

Will also say that since we see Gingy with Puss in his first life-death, that he was still on Life 1 post-Shrek 2 where the two characters had seemingly actually met.

From what I've seen it doesnt look like anything that would buff Puss AP wise, since ofc the Giant was just finessed. Definitely need to add the fact Puss in Boots had 9 lives and perhaps some mid fate manipulation since he was able to avoid Death (Who seems to be the actual abstract concept of Death) when he had sought him.

Death is a bit weird in itself, since theres no explanation on what this wolf form is, but we do see hints of his more abstract nature despite choosing to fight Puss physically. Think he would warrant a bit of an Unknown tier in general alongside a scaling to Puss as it truly doesnt seem like we've seen him at what he actually is.

Will also say that since we see Gingy with Puss in his first life-death, that he was still on Life 1 post-Shrek 2 where the two characters had seemingly actually met.
I think Death the Wolf is just a physical manifestation of a concept with conscience. His wolf form is his form he plays with his victims with. Anything we don’t know about him, we can just slap the No Limits Fallacy since we got a solid ground of what he can do in a fight. That being that he manifests in a wolf form to hunt down victims at whatever Puss’ level of AP is at. So no need for Unknown.

Wouldn’t say any fate manipulation since Puss is just running away from a physical version, since everyone recognized he’s a physical being (The dog was hit by him with his fire, Goldilocks heard his whistle, and Kitty outright said she saw him).

Wouldn’t say any fate manipulation since Puss is just running away from a physical version, since everyone recognized he’s a physical being (The dog was hit by him with his fire, Goldilocks heard his whistle, and Kitty outright said she saw him).
Its less that and more the fact Death let him Puss live his life, even after deciding it was his time to die beforehand.

"I came here for an arrogant little legend who thought he was immortal. But I don't see him anymore". It suggests that even though hes the abstract concept of Death, who previous stated that no one had been able to escape him before, Puss was able to defy his last death through his own action of changing. I don't really see a reason as to why Death would have spared him otherwise, since it clearly wasn't out of some respect and he was visibly frustrated at not being able to end Puss' last life. What he says in spanish was something along the lines of "Why did i play with my food", so we know there was at least time for Puss to actively defy the outcome as Death didnt decide to just end him instantly.

Would also say we saw Death manipulate a Shadow and come through it while Puss was trying to run away and escape him. While hes a physical manifestation, he's still definitely something beyond just a wolf.

We see from Puss' previous deaths too that he was never indirectly killed by Death and more so accidents, so Death still works in the way that he just seems to 'collect' the soul, but can also be the direct reason whenever he wants.

Its less that and more the fact Death let him Puss live his life, even after deciding it was his time to die beforehand.

"I came here for an arrogant little legend who thought he was immortal. But I don't see him anymore". It suggests that even though hes the abstract concept of Death, who previous stated that no one had been able to escape him before, Puss was able to defy his last death through his own action of changing. I don't really see a reason as to why Death would have spared him otherwise, since it clearly wasn't out of some respect and he was visibly frustrated at not being able to end Puss' last life. What he says in spanish was something along the lines of "Why did i play with my food", so we know there was at least time for Puss to actively defy the outcome as Death didnt decide to just end him instantly.

Would also say we saw Death manipulate a Shadow and come through it while Puss was trying to run away and escape him. While hes a physical manifestation, he's still definitely something beyond just a wolf.

We see from Puss' previous deaths too that he was never indirectly killed by Death and more so accidents, so Death still works in the way that he just seems to 'collect' the soul, but can also be the direct reason whenever he wants.
Tbf though, Death is definitely a conscious being. Death doesn’t really decide who to kill till they die by natural means and grabs their Souls. Like you said he doesn’t need to physically do it. Death wanted to kill him, but changed his mind because he consciously decided to stop fighting him after Puss speech about knowing his fate will be him dying. The play with my food is mainly because he had been chasing Puss all this time, just to figure out Puss wasn’t the arrogant legend he was.

Difference between denying fate abstract and convincing a physical manifestation not to kill you.

Very much think of it like this, a conscious abstract that is able to form himself into a wolf.

Tbf though, Death is definitely a conscious being. Death doesn’t really decide who to kill till they die by natural means and grabs their Souls. Like you said he doesn’t need to physically do it. Death wanted to kill him, but changed his mind because he consciously decided to stop fighting him after Puss speech about knowing his fate will be him dying. The play with my food is mainly because he had been chasing Puss all this time, just to figure out Puss wasn’t the arrogant legend he was.

Difference between denying fate abstract and convincing a physical manifestation not to kill you.

Very much think of it like this, a conscious abstract that is able to form himself into a wolf.
It didn't feel like he 'changed' his mind, and Death would most certainly have rules, but Puss set the complete precedent and managed to escape him in this encounter despite literal Death coming for Puss. The reason Death spared Puss in that moment was because Puss was able to defy his previous self to the level that it changed when his final life was meant to die.
Death did this in a way by staring directly at Puss, or staring in the face of death, which is definitely more likely Death peering into Puss' actual soul than just merely looking at him given the nature of his being. In that way, Puss was able to bend the rules, 'ruin it' for Death as he put himself, and escape that whom no one else since Death existed could do. It certainly sounds like Puss defying his fate, which is the whole theme of the movie in itself. In the end, he got to live his last life cause he was finally able to understand what life is and cherish it.

Playing with his food more suggests Death was purposefully holding himself back to let Puss run. He does this, as its implied, because he hated Puss' arrogance, and multiple lives to go with it already being a defiance to Death, so he was likely trying to savour and enjoy Puss' fear, but left it too late in which Puss could change himself to a level that the concept of Death decided to let him live, but in a way that didn't seem like he had a choice in the matter.

The physical manifestation is still driven behind the concept of Death. He is literal death, and though you'd think he wouldnt be able to be bested somewhat like he was against Puss, its still defying Death. Puss remarks he 'cant beat him', so Puss will eventually die one day regardless of how much he's changed, but the fact he was able to push his pre-determined fate and defy Death just feels like he has some light passive Fate Manipulation.

I can grasp on what Death/Lobo is, and he does have a sense of conscience given his personality, clear biases, and the fact he was enjoying toying with Puss, rather than just being this stoic abstract concept that doesnt need to physically exist. But physical manifestation or not, it doesnt stop him from being Death, and it doesnt weaken the concept in itself. The fact Puss was able to keep living despite Death having his sights set on him from the start of the movie, because he managed to change and resist, is something a little more than Death, who clearly didnt want to let Puss keep living, but had no choice in the matter.

It didn't feel like he 'changed' his mind, and Death would most certainly have rules, but Puss set the complete precedent and managed to escape him in this encounter despite literal Death coming for Puss. The reason Death spared Puss in that moment was because Puss was able to defy his previous self to the level that it changed when his final life was meant to die.
Death in the physical incarnation of a wolf. Puss escapes by running, and Death realizes he was wrong, Puss didn't use any powers he just changed as a person. Nothing magical here. This also wouldn't be applicable to other verses, or any matchups cause Death from Puss in Boots isn't present here, so at best this would be limited.

Playing with his food more suggests Death was purposefully holding himself back to let Puss run. He does this, as its implied, because he hated Puss' arrogance, and multiple lives to go with it already being a defiance to Death, so he was likely trying to savour and enjoy Puss' fear, but left it too late in which Puss could change himself to a level that the concept of Death decided to let him live, but in a way that didn't seem like he had a choice in the matter.
Half agree, and half disagree. Death is definitely holding back (From finishing him) to the last moment due to feeding off his fear. Although his frustration could be due to the fact that he had just wasted his time with Puss, by playing along by being the wolf, there's also the fact that in the final battle, he created a ring of fire specifically so he can't escape. An abstract force with conscience, and fun, is toying with and killing his victims. Cause he realized that Puss already accepted death. His physical attributes are still present.

The physical manifestation is still driven behind the concept of Death. He is literal death, and though you'd think he wouldnt be able to be bested somewhat like he was against Puss, its still defying Death. Puss remarks he 'cant beat him', so Puss will eventually die one day regardless of how much he's changed, but the fact he was able to push his pre-determined fate and defy Death just feels like he has some light passive Fate Manipulation.
I think we're on the same page with being abstract. Eventually, the concept will kill him, however, he's still a physical being that can be scaled. He's simply an Abstract that has a physical form with the same conscience. Fate Manipulation, kind of explained in the other one.

I can grasp on what Death/Lobo is, and he does have a sense of conscience given his personality, clear biases, and the fact he was enjoying toying with Puss, rather than just being this stoic abstract concept that doesnt need to physically exist. But physical manifestation or not, it doesnt stop him from being Death, and it doesnt weaken the concept in itself. The fact Puss was able to keep living despite Death having his sights set on him from the start of the movie, because he managed to change and resist, is something a little more than Death, who clearly didnt want to let Puss keep living, but had no choice in the matter.
Like the last one, we're on the same page with the abstract. However, the wolf manifestation still can be scaled, he just has an abstract power in abilities. Unless Puss is kicking a concept in the face.

Back