• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puss in Boots: The Last Wish Discussion Thread

I dont think they do but it is supposed to be fortune thing right? Should be same as the fairy counterpart, anyways I also dont see why the ball would lie
That’s fair. But there’s still the fact that in order for him to get all the world’s magic, it would require him to actually have gotten his wish from the wishing star; which never happened. And theoretically, almost anyone would be just as powerful as jack would be if they too got all the magic in the world.

That’s fair. But there’s still the fact that in order for him to get all the world’s magic, it would require him to actually have gotten his wish from the wishing star; which never happened. And theoretically, almost anyone would be just as powerful as jack would be if they too got all the magic in the world.
Everyone had their own wishes but you are right I still think it can be "5-B with the wishing star"

Just curious what you guys think; Kitty Softpaws is a cat.

would she get the same ressurection that Puss in Boots gets

Just curious what you guys think; Kitty Softpaws is a cat.

would she get the same ressurection that Puss in Boots gets
Yes but by an unknown amount since shd may have died before. Remember this movie proves the reason puss and kitty is so brave is because if their 9 lives, puss was bad at fighting against jacks men after learning he is on his last life

this movie is so ******* good lol

honestly such a great Dreamworks film.

can't wait to ruin it by applying vsbw logic to it

sucks when you don't have proper heights for anything.

Might look at other things from the scene see if I can get a better size but yeah because of no canonical weight and me having to make assumptions he'd have to be astronomical to be past what Puss is already at, I think.

Question but wasn't the giant made of dirt, stone or something like that? It certainly didn't looked as made of human flesh, especially since he had plants growing from his body (even tree horns). Depending of the material he is made then he should certainly be easily above 9-B with his size.

Question but wasn't the giant made of dirt, stone or something like that? It certainly didn't looked as made of human flesh, especially since he had plants growing from his body (even tree horns). Depending of the material he is made then he should certainly be easily above 9-B with his size.
He did a pretty strong feat at 0:20.

I did the math trust me.

He wasn't lol.
Using this calc from DontTalk as reference, using something like 10 meters as low ball for the giant height and the average density of rock (since on a closer look the thing seem more like rock than dirt):

(10/1.67)^3*73.46 liters= 15772.535391048731895454671352193m^3

The density of rock go from 1600 kg/m3 to 3500 kg/m3 so the average would be 2550kg/m3, so

15772.535391048731895454671352193 * 2550 = 40219965.247174266333409411948093kg

GPE= 0.5*mgh = 0.5 * 40219965.247174266333409411948093 * 9.81 * 10 = 1972789295.373897763653731656054 or 1.972789295e9 Joules Building level, plus the tree horns that add

And since the thing have show to be able to run and stuff like that it would be able to use KE which give higher results.

Last edited:
And he's got a respect thread, marked cause spoilers.
The thread is good, however I’d cut walking through the star lasers for durability.

It doesn’t seem to be physically damaging, it just makes you disappear when you’re fully in. If it was physical damage, then the Bear that had most of his body inside the laser should’ve been damaged. It probably has to do with Death not being mortal.

how did our results vary so mu-

oh because I did GPE and you did KE.

I think you're only supposed to use GPE
I did GPE, I just mentioned how in this case do to how agile the giant is show to be KE is valid to use which would give even higher results.

Edit: With KE using the weight from my previous post would be something like this

Running Speed = 12.5 * (10/1.67) = 74.85 m/s. If there is another speed to use the result could be higher or lower, but since it can move at the same timeframe that humans this method to get the running speed is fine.

KE = 0.5 * 40219965.247174266333409411948093 * (74.85)^2 = 112667531461.70495741323139260801 or 1.12667531461e11 Joules, City Block 8-B.

Last edited:
This too is from the director Joel Crawford:"For me, I think there's something in this adorable little cat, he is just a two-and-a-half-foot tall cat." talking about him standing up there since "tall" but its decisive.

Last edited:
you could compare it to Puss. A bit stupid but you could do that.

calcing big Jack would probably be the way to to get him another tier but idk how well it'd go

you could compare it to Puss. A bit stupid but you could do that.

calcing big Jack would probably be the way to to get him another tier but idk how well it'd go
Nah, that's if Big Jack gets a new profile. Puss in Boots very much did the exact thing he did with the giant with Jack. I'm more confident Jack in the base is much closer than Puss is to his giant form.

Nah, that's if Big Jack gets a new profile. Puss in Boots very much did the exact thing he did with the giant with Jack. I'm more confident Jack in the base is much closer than Puss is to his giant form.
Don’t see why big jack can’t get a profile. He has a lot of stuff to work with due to his magical bag of holding, and I would imagine he be able to scale even physically to puss. Took several hits from different characters and came out just fine, and he sent Goldilocks + the 3 bears flying with the rock lodged in Excalibur.

Don’t see why big jack can’t get a profile. He has a lot of stuff to work with due to his magical bag of holding, and I would imagine he be able to scale even physically to puss. Took several hits from different characters and came out just fine, and he sent Goldilocks + the 3 bears flying with the rock lodged in Excalibur.
Oh no, I mean like it if he did get a profile. The KE of his character would only get the tier. I might re-watch the movie, so I can get a firm grasp of all the feats. Unless someone here made a blog/sandbox on some of the characters.

Oh no, I mean like it if he did get a profile. The KE of his character would only get the tier. I might re-watch the movie, so I can get a firm grasp of all the feats. Unless someone here made a blog/sandbox on some of the characters.
Oh ok. I think it would be better to just scale the giant form as stronger/far higher than puss. Mainly because I believe that if the far bigger stone giant from the beginning of the movie didn’t really do good with their calc, and I don’t think Jack’s giant form will do very good either. He doesn’t even really move around a lot as well.

Oh ok. I think it would be better to just scale the giant form as stronger/far higher than puss. Mainly because I believe that if the far bigger stone giant from the beginning of the movie didn’t really do good with their calc, and I don’t think Jack’s giant form will do very good either. He doesn’t even really move around a lot either.
Using this calc from DontTalk as reference, using something like 10 meters as low ball for the giant height and the average density of rock (since on a closer look the thing seem more like rock than dirt):

(10/1.67)^3*73.46 liters= 15772.535391048731895454671352193m^3

The density of rock go from 1600 kg/m3 to 3500 kg/m3 so the average would be 2550kg/m3, so

15772.535391048731895454671352193 * 2550 = 40219965.247174266333409411948093kg

GPE= 0.5*mgh = 0.5 * 40219965.247174266333409411948093 * 9.81 * 10 = 1972789295.373897763653731656054 or 1.972789295e9 Joules Building level, plus the tree horns that add

And since the thing have show to be able to run and stuff like that it would be able to use KE which give higher results.
I did GPE, I just mentioned how in this case do to how agile the giant is show to be KE is valid to use which would give even higher results.

Edit: With KE using the weight from my previous post would be something like this

Running Speed = 12.5 * (10/1.67) = 74.85 m/s. If there is another speed to use the result could be higher or lower, but since it can move at the same timeframe that humans this method to get the running speed is fine.

KE = 0.5 * 40219965.247174266333409411948093 * (74.85)^2 = 112667531461.70495741323139260801 or 1.12667531461e11 Joules, City Block 8-B.

Oh ok. I think it would be better to just scale the giant form as stronger/far higher than puss. Mainly because I believe that if the far bigger stone giant from the beginning of the movie didn’t really do good with their calc, and I don’t think Jack’s giant form will do very good either. He doesn’t even really move around a lot as well.
We could scale him to average human speed tbf as we did above with the Giant.

So Giant of Del Mar is officially 8-C (0.316 Tons of TNT) with Class M (4.423240e6kg or 5.518737e6kg if the Force of the charge is valid to use as LS), at the end I didn't counted the tree horns or the things he was carrying (because that sounded as a pain) so this is the final result.

Anyone reckon Death should have Abstract Existence if he were to have a profile, given that he’s, you know, the personification of death itself? He doesn’t die in the film either due to him just letting Puss go, and with some of his dialogue already hinting that he’s an abstract concept (such as when he said "Everyone thinks they'll be the one to defeat me. But no one's escaped me yet," which is already a hint that he’s meant to be the physical manifestation of the concept of death), I think it would kind of make sense. I mean, he did literally state he was straight up Death itself, so yeah.

Anyone reckon Death should have Abstract Existence if he were to have a profile, given that he’s, you know, the personification of death itself? He doesn’t die in the film either due to him just letting Puss go, and with some of his dialogue already hinting that he’s an abstract concept (such as when he said "Everyone thinks they'll be the one to defeat me. But no one's escaped me yet," which is already a hint that he’s meant to be the physical manifestation of the concept of death), I think it would kind of make sense. I mean, he did literally state he was straight up Death itself, so yeah.
I mean he also made it very clear he wasn't been vague at all.

"Death"

"And I don't mean it metaphorically or rhetorically or poetically or theoretically"

"I'm Death, straight up"

Death is literally his name.

Yeah, he's abstract. However, his wolf form can definitely be taken out or destroyed using No Limits Fallacy and the fact Puss can hurt him.

Yeah, he's abstract. However, his wolf form can definitely be taken out or destroyed using No Limits Fallacy and the fact Puss can hurt him.
I mean, he was completely unaffected by the star barrier that disintegrated things, and Puss was able to hurt him? I know he was able to fight back at the end and win/match Wolf in a battle but I don't really remember Wolf getting hurt.

I mean, he was completely unaffected by the star barrier that disintegrated things, and Puss was able to hurt him? I know he was able to fight back at the end and win/match Wolf in a battle but I don't really remember Wolf getting hurt.
Basically, there are two points in the battle where Puss lands two attacks on the Wolf, both clearly faze him as he lets out the typical grunt. The second kick notably leaves him dazzled on the ground and he clearly lost conscious for a sec, as he releases the grip on both his weapons in the air.

The Star barrier seems to be a more subtle reference to the fact that Death isn't a mortal or is even supposed to be there. How it works is someone needs to be fully inside the thing and then disappear, however, it doesn't seem to be a thing that hurts you, as we see with one of the bears. Most of their body was in it and were unharmed, however, the main threat was being fully inside it and disappearing. So the way seems more through Hax than actual AP.

Death being unfazed by the walls of the star seems more like "Resistence to Existence Erasure" more than anything.
For his abstract stuff, I believe that he should get AE Type 2, plus some kind of Immortality that should be discussed considering that killing the Wolf (which is just the physical manifestation) wont kill the concept of death or something like that.

Back