• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about Regeneration Negation

TyranoDoom30

He/Him
So this is simple, i noticed that some characters can permanently kill beings with regeneration, some of which with high levels (Ex: Kirby can kill Dark Matter who has Mid-High)

So basically the question, is hitting somebody to death with regeneration and killing them and they stop regenerating Regeneration Negation?

Usually, no, it just means you can effectively overpower their regen, kinda like Goku omega-laul'ing Buu by overpowering his mid-high regeneration with the Spirit Bomb.

Regeneration neg doesn't always have to kill, just ask Baldur from God of War, mistletoe nerfed his regen and invulnerability, Kratos couldn't end snap his neck and kill him there until the mistletoe nerfed Baldur's curse, allowing Kratos to be able to finally un-alive Baldur when the latter tried to kill his mother Freya.

Regeneration Negation is the ability I consider the most out of hand in the wiki. It always seems like wank, it never shows the Negation part of it, it never gives context, and so it leaves room for anyone to wonder "what if the stamina of the regen just got outlasted", "what if what happened is a weakness of the regen rather than a superpower to null it from the attacker?", or "what if the writers forgot the full display of the regen, retcon'd it, or it was never as good as concluded to be because of this solid evidence showing so?"

If someone reading a profile can reasonably think any of that while seeing Regeneration Negation, then we are doing something wrong, and this is something I take as very basic.

Other times the damage is just higher than what they can heal from and we take that as Regeneration Negation, which is wrong.

I agree with Efficiente, and add that it is often the same for Resistance Negation as well.

I'm glad. I'm somewhat busy for the following days, but if anyone wants to do something about it they can tag me in a private conversation for organization before some thread may be made.

Yeah, I would say that, if a character kills another one with elevated regeneration, unless regeneration negation is stated or somehow suggested then it should be fair to assume that the character's regen simply hit its limit, at least to the point couldn't have prevented death.

Regeneration Negation is the ability I consider the most out of hand in the wiki. It always seems like wank, it never shows the Negation part of it, it never gives context, and so it leaves room for anyone to wonder "what if the stamina of the regen just got outlasted", "what if what happened is a weakness of the regen rather than a superpower to null it from the attacker?", or "what if the writers forgot the full display of the regen, retcon'd it, or it was never as good as concluded to be because of this solid evidence showing so?"
This site could use some more strictness when it comes to the funny keywords

Back