• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question regarding Immortality Type 4

I just am a bit confused. What I wonder is what are the specific feats and statements necessary to get Immortality Type 4?

For the case of an external god reviving you it is clear to me. That is essentially like Type 8 with reliance on a god.

But for the case of yourself being the god that revives you I am not sure.

As I understand it, it would be that you use your own godly power to keep yourself alive, which logically is only possible as long you aren't destroyed to the extent that you can't maintain your power anymore or that you can't repair using your own power.

I mean it sounds like that would be the same as high end Immortality Type 2 or 3 (depending on whether you regenerate using your power), just that the user happens to be a god.

Is it like that or is there some fundamental difference that has to be demonstrated to get that type specifically?

I believe a God would have Type 5 Immortality. Type 4 is a God giving immortality to another being and Type 8 is Reliance on anything specifically not from Godhood.

To get type 4 immortality you need to be cursed/blessed from a god (or someone capable of such power) to grant you type 4 immortality.

Hmmm.. so it generally is only for another god giving the ability?

The description states "or is given by virtue of Godhood." which for me implied that it could also be part of the nature of the character itself being a god (so independent of another god granting it).

Yeah, it's generally given out by gods and such. The only character I can think off of the top of my head, that has type 4 immortality, is Lobo.

Also, what's exactly Type 4?

I mean, we have different types of immortality, but this one is nothing specific more than "granted by a god"

I mean, God can grant anything from Type 1 to 8

It sounds like we should rewrite the entry in the following manner:

Immortality via protection from a deity: This kind of immortality is granted by a God, or a similar entity. Only a being of greater power than the god in question can override it.

However, I am not so certain about that, for example, Lucifer qualifies. He was created by the Presence, but has been injured, and can be killed, by entities that are less powerful than his father.

I suspect that a lot of gods here have type 4 without reason other than being gods currently, so some clean up might be necessary if changing it.

Personally I would be in favor of rewriting it in the way you suggested though, since it then is clear what qualifies and what doesn't. An unclear definition just has no use.

Back