• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ragna the Bloodedge vs Asgore Dreemurr

I thought Ragna's 7-c tier was missing an eye and arm. If that's the case I may give it to Asgore after the hardest fight in his life due to cqc, fire manipulation, nearly impossible to dodge spear, and bullet hell.

I just read their pages again and I'm giving this to Asgore more experience, better lifting strength (Ragna's a brawler so he's going to get rekt in hand to hand), fire manipulation, and bullet hell. I'll give this to Asgore 6.2/10 times.

Ragna via soul hax and maybe better combat experience.

Asgore might be stronger in other areas and danmaku would be a problem. Considering, however, ragna can absorb the soul and attack it and asgore can only attack it, it does give him a clear advantage.

Plus, his fighting style is literally him absorbing soul energy until his opponent is defeated and it restores his health compared to Asgore.

Plus ragna is resistant to soul hax himself, so there is that.

Combat experience, Ragna has fought a more diverse cast of characters while Asgore has him on years, but that is it. Inconclusive maybe at this front.

His healing and regen provide him better sustain as well.

Some counter-arguments:

Ragna is missing an eye or arm thus should be worse at cqc.

I never heard this? Even in the blazblue wiki, none of his renders show him missing an arm. http://blazblue.wikia.com/wiki/Ragna_the_Bloodedge

But playing devil's advocate, CQC wise, Ragna just starts draining asgore's soul until he is dead.

Ragna is a brawler so he is worse at cqc.

Uhh.. no? He has fought people who use hand to hand before but also see the above.

I will admit Asgore does out zone him by a mile via danmaku but he can't use his soul magick against ragna for any significant advantages early on. Plus, it is not enough to one shot and his regen/healing should be enough to close the gap danmaku attacks provide.

Also, energy attacks apparently have a range of tens of kilometers, so that helps him at the very least defend himself.

Ragna via soul hax, better healing and regen, possibly better combat experience and energy attacks

I think he still has the arm he just can't use it; anyways he has to hit Asgore to heal, so he will first have to get through the multiple walls of fire (which would actually be the easiest part) then he would have to brawl against a guy with class 50 lifting strength compare to his class 5+, meaning Asgore could just either rag doll him or repeatedly suplex Ragna, plus while Ragna's energy attacks do have good range it's never really Ragna's strategy to snipe someone; But i'll Go inconclusive Ragna's soul resistance and possible ap advantage could give him the win, at the same time he probably gets thrown around for a while before taking a spear to the heart (again and again until he dies because it's going to take a lot to kill him).

I swear to god i'm Going to murder this site dumba** autocorrect; anyways what I MEANT to say was in a grappling match it's detriment by LIFTING STRENGTH so Asgore could just rip Bloodedge out of Ragna's hands, slam and onto the ground, and proceed to stab him repeatedly with a trident (Screw this sites terrible auto correct).

Noahkaismith said:
Asgore in a VERY close fight thanks to soul manip, danmaku, H2H, a slight AP advantage, experence, and range.
Soul Manip doesn't matter with Ragna and we need to be more in detail on H2H. Ragna's way more skill but has way less lifting strength. The other thing I think are fine.

I disagree. Why doesn't soul manip matter with Ragna? And I'd say Asgore is more skilled, considering he's fought for much longer than Ragna, and has been training for much longer.

Noahkaismith said:
I disagree. Why doesn't soul manip matter with Ragna? And I'd say Asgore is more skilled, considering he's fought for much longer than Ragna, and has been training for much longer.
Ragna's arm is a point in the multiverse meets (I think) and can drain souls constantly, and Ragna trained with jubilee for most his uptil this point.

Yeah, he can drain an opponents soul. That doesn't mean Asgore can't hit him with soul manip. And Asgore is hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of years old. He's stated over and over to be the most powerful and skilled monster in the entire underground, and that includes beings like Toriel, Undyne and Flowey.

Noahkaismith said:
Yeah, he can drain an opponents soul. That doesn't mean Asgore can't hit him with soul manip. And Asgore is hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of years old. He's stated over and over to be the most powerful and skilled monster in the entire underground, and that includes beings like Toriel, Undyne and Flowey.
I know he's skilled but Jubei was the guy who helped kill the black beast and the guy who can destroy thousands of military bases by himself and Ragna can destroy multiple military bases without getting hit once even when the military bases were designed to kill him; also considering no one else in the blazblue world can steal/hurt Ragna's souls I don't think Asgore can, granted this probably won't save Ragna from the wall of town level fire and Asgore lifting strength, but it does mean he's not completely helpless.

Ragna doesn't have resistance to soul manip. A town level character destroying a military base isn't too impressive. And you have to keep in mind, Asgore has a sizable AP advantage. Papyrus < Tsunderplane <<<<<<<<<<< Undyne <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Toriel < Asgore.

But the soliders were all magically enhanced superhumans and the base was designed to kill him, also "Resistance to Mind, Soul, Time, and Spatial Manipulation, Can prevent his powers from being sealed or interfered with by Phenomena Intervention via the IDEA Engine"

Noahkaismith said:
Ragna doesn't have resistance to soul manip.
Power and Abilities: Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Regenerationn (Mid-Low, Can recover from lethal wounds but cannot regenerate lost limbs), Master Swordsman and Martial Artist, Immense Willpower, Energy Manipulation, Can use Ars Magus to manipulate Seithr, Possesses a minor sixth sense, Barrier Generation, Can utilize Concealment Ars Magus to hide his presence from others, Can manifest parts of the Black Beast's body, Can inflict extremely heavy soul damage and absorb soul energy to restore himself, Resistance to Mind, Soul, Time, and Spatial Manipulation, Can prevent his powers from being sealed or interfered with by Phenomena Intervention via the IDEA Engine | Same as before, plus improved Soul Manipulation, likely exists outside of Logic, attacks inflict Seithr Poisoning

Noahkaismith said:
Shit, didn't see that. Still, Asgore has really good soul manip, so it'll still do something.
Tell that to any blazblue antagonist; asgore doesn't need the soul manipulation due he already has a wall of fire, and experience (lead a who war once), and better lifting strength meaning he would overpower Ragna in a fist fight (which is what Ragna tries to do at all times).

I meant Ragna has survived stronger Soul Manip, one of he blazblue antagonist stole multiple city blocks worth of souls casually.

Noahkaismith said:
Asgore can harm beings with soul resistance though.
Not as strong as Ragna's and it's doesn't matter if he can because Asgore probably would still win.

Back