• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Raiden Shogun Second Story Quest additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nehz_XZX

He/Him
VS Battles
Content Moderator
As far as I can tell the Raiden Shogun profile didn't receive any additions regarding the Raiden Shogun's second Story Quest, so it's for the better if that gets done now:
  • The Raiden Shogun should have Resistance against Possession since she can resist Ei's control.
  • The Raiden Shogun should have Transformation due to the different form she can take on.
  • Time Stop for the Raiden Shogun key via "The Final Calamity".
    • Resistance to Time Stop via a barrier since this is how the Time Stop is avoided in the boss fight and this is also present in the Story Quest.
  • Additional Spatial Manipulation via "The Final Calamity".
  • Illusion Creation via separating herself into four illusions.
  • The Raiden Shogun can apparently reduce the amount of elemental energy someone has while she is transformed.
  • Creation since the Raiden Shogun boss fight has her utilize multiple attacks involving constructs.
  • Homing Attack via Puppet's Shadow.
  • Limited Time Manipulation via Makoto's realm of consciousness since 500 years passed there without much time passing on the outside though that wouldn't be combat-applicable and is also completely unintentional.
  • Supernatural Willpower for being able to fight for 500 years inside of a realm of consciousness without any negative side effects. This should also be mentioned in the Stamina section. It's also worth mentioning that the Raiden Shogun was built to have a will stronger than any other living being's including Ei herself.
  • Self-Healing via willpower while inside a realm of consciousness since Paimon outright exclaims that the Raiden Shogun completely recovered once they completely recover their health in the game.
  • Ei gets an additional application for her Pocket Reality Manipulation that allows her to preserve other people's realms of consciousness though that's rather situational and not combat-applicable.
    • Ei would also gain the ability to enter another person's realm of consciousness since she did that with an unconscious Makoto which could be applied as a form of Mind Manipulation since Ei phrased it as entering Makoto's mind at one point.
  • Ei also gets an additional power boost from Musou Isshin.
  • We also need to consider that Ei is 500 years older now on a mental level after the events of the second Story Quest.
In addition to this the Notable Attacks/Techniques section should probably be edited to include the attacks from the Raiden Shogun boss fight. Did I miss or overlook anything?

Edit: I've noticed that Ei is called the Goddess of Eternity in her Classification section when the game calls her the God of Eternity instead, so we might want to correct that for the sake of accuracy.

Second Edit: We might want to add Immortality Type 8 for the Raiden Shogun since she will always come back from being destroyed due to Ei.

Third Edit: I've noticed that the page says that Ei can nullify all forms of elemental manipulation via the Vision Hunt Decree which isn't quite true since it doesn't work on the Traveler and the name alone shows that this is about visions. I think it would be more accurate to say that she negates the powers that are bestowed to characters through their Visions, so we can list that as Power Bestowal Negation.

Last edited:
I've noticed that Ei is called the Goddess of Eternity in her Classification section when the game calls her the God of Eternity instead, so we might want to correct that for the sake of accuracy.

I agree with this.

Though idk about the limited time manipulation part. Wasn't it simply because of the nature of the place.
iirc Yae Miko mentioned something about the Traveler needing to overcome and not be swept away by Time/Space to reach Makoto's realm of consciousness

I agree with this.

Though idk about the limited time manipulation part. Wasn't it simply because of the nature of the place.
iirc Yae Miko mentioned something about the Traveler needing to overcome and not be swept away by Time/Space to reach Makoto's realm of consciousness
It apparently is a result of Ei's battle with the Raiden Shogun since she was completely unaware about the passage of time differing on the outside, so this is certainly not a trait the realm has by default. Even if it was a trait of the location it probably would be worth mentioning since she can access it via the cave below the Grand Narukami Shrine which isn't something just anyone can do.

Why should Ei be noted as being stronger with unleshed Musou if she doesn't even have a key?

Anyway agree with all of it, also should she have like pocket dimension sealing and some sort of pocket reality take over? She was able to seal away Makoto realm and "take" it back to Inazuma after Makoto died.

Why should Ei be noted as being stronger with unleshed Musou if she doesn't even have a key?

Anyway agree with all of it, also should she have like pocket dimension sealing and some sort of pocket reality take over? She was able to seal away Makoto realm and "take" it back to Inazuma after Makoto died.
I don't think that Ei not having a key separate from the Raiden Shogun is even relevant since they do not seem to have any relevant differences in statistics and the Raiden Shogun would also have access to the Musou Isshin sword with Ei being able to take over whenever it is needed. The power boost is certainly relevant since it's clearly stated that the sword unleashed a new power in the battle against the Raiden Shogun with Ei attributing it to truly understanding and believing in her sister.

• Ei gets an additional application for her Pocket Reality Manipulation that allows her to preserve other people's realms of consciousness though that's rather situational and not combat-applicable.
Her feat with Makoto's realm of consciousness is something that I'm already mentioning in the OP.

I've noticed that Ei is called the Goddess of Eternity in her Classification section when the game calls her the God of Eternity instead, so we might want to correct that for the sake of accuracy.
I've edited this into the OP.

You're assuming that Ei is going to come out or SBA even allow it since it's not Ei who's fighting and it would be outside help if she also did intervene aside from type 8. Even if she don't get a key, what would you edit it as then? "Higher with unleashed Musou Isshin while in Ei hand"? Cause so far only Ei can use it.

You're assuming that Ei is going to come out or SBA even allow it since it's not Ei who's fighting and it would be outside help if she also did intervene aside from type 8. Even if she don't get a key, what would you edit it as then? "Higher with unleashed Musou Isshin while in Ei hand"? Cause so far only Ei can use it.
Isn't Ei automatically involved to some degree in any battles the Raiden Shogun is involved in due to Multiple Selves (Type 2)? What we would edit it as is something that we can discuss but I guess it could be something like Musou Isshin's full power and we'd explain how that is achieved as part of the justification.

Edit: It appears as if there is no Type 8 on the Raiden Shogun profile.

Supernatural Willpower for being able to fight for 500 years inside of a realm of consciousness without any negative side effects. This should also be mentioned in the Stamina section.
This is probably nothing new but friendly reminder that physical stamina doesn’t matter there.

This is probably nothing new but friendly reminder that physical stamina doesn’t matter there.
I guess you could consider it a form of mental stamina since the mind can get tired from getting strained as well. It's not like as if we don't already have a statement of the Shogun not requiring rest due to her physiology according to her Stamina section.

Edit: It appears as if there is no Type 8 on the Raiden Shogun profile.
It should be noted above then since the shogun can be replace by Ei.

Anyway aside from those, should Ei have resistance to memory manip or limited acausality type 1? Since everyone seem to just think that the sakura tree have always been there despite Ei clearly remember that it hasn't and the quest prove so (sort of).

It should also be noted that Ei is slightly superior to Shogun since she won all there match in base. she also defeated the shogun in the last fight despite not using her own transformation and only using the unleased Mussou and the transformation should logically be atleast superior to shogun base form if all the extra attack is anything to go by.

It should be noted above then since the shogun can be replace by Ei.

Anyway aside from those, should Ei have resistance to memory manip or limited acausality type 1? Since everyone seem to just think that the sakura tree have always been there despite Ei clearly remember that it hasn't and the quest prove so (sort of).

It should also be noted that Ei is slightly superior to Shogun since she won all there match in base. she also defeated the shogun in the last fight despite not using her own transformation and only using the unleased Mussou and the transformation should logically be atleast superior to shogun base form if all the extra attack is anything to go by.
I guess I could add it.

I'm not sure since it might have to do with the fact that she was the one who planted it, so it's hard to make out the details of this particular situation.

That can be attributed to a lot of factors among which are skill and willpower. The Shogun did praise Ei's martial prowess. The extra attack would indeed be an indication of the Transformation being stronger and it does seem to have some benefits that aren't related to pure strength.

Well being slightly above in skill could also work considering how both of them share the same mentality of improving one own skill through practice and sparring/combat so Ei being slightly above her would guranteed her the win through out.

Edit: which would also bring in the fact that due to their mentality, wouldn't they be vastly more skilled then before? Since fighting an equal opponent for 500 years with reasons to not lose or trying to break the opposition wills would more than likely make them more skilled, especially considering sparring with the laughably less skilled opponent like the traveler is enough for her to improve her technique to new height.

I guess you could consider it a form of mental stamina since the mind can get tired from getting strained as well. It's not like as if we don't already have a statement of the Shogun not requiring rest due to her physiology according to her Stamina section.
That first part is indeed what I was referring to.

That first part is indeed what I was referring to.
Okay.

Well being slightly above in skill could also work considering how both of them share the same mentality of improving one own skill through practice and sparring/combat so Ei being slightly above her would guranteed her the win through out.

Edit: which would also bring in the fact that due to their mentality, wouldn't they be vastly more skilled then before? Since fighting an equal opponent for 500 years with reasons to not lose or trying to break the opposition wills would more than likely make them more skilled, especially considering sparring with the laughably less skilled opponent like the traveler is enough for her to improve her technique to new height.
Okay.

I guess you could view it like that though I'm not sure where we would place that statement of her improving her technique against the Traveler from a chronological perspective since it is one of her Voice-Overs. I'd also say that fighting an opponent with a mostly identical skillset would mostly make you more adept at dealing with opponents that have similar capabilities though it would certainly improve her overall skill level as well.

• Ei would also gain the ability to enter another person's realm of consciousness since she did that with an unconscious Makoto.

Second Edit: We might want to add Immortality Type 8 for the Raiden Shogun since she will always come back from being destroyed due to Ei.
I've made some additions to the OP.

•The Raiden Shogun should have Resistance against Possession since she can resist Ei's control.
  • The Raiden Shogun should have Transformation due to the different form she can take on.
Agree
  • Time Stop for the Raiden Shogun key via "The Final Calamity".
    • Maybe some way to deal with Time Stop as well since I'm not sure how canon the orb that appears while this move is executed is.
Agree and yeah maybe an Unconventional resistance
  • Additional Spatial Manipulation via "The Final Calamity".
  • Illusion Creation via separating herself into four illusions.
Agree, and this should also grant Duplication if I'm not mistaken
  • The Raiden Shogun can apparently reduce the amount of elemental energy someone has while she is transformed.
Gee idk, this could probably just be game mechanics most Genshin profiles have game mechanics listed here anyways
  • Creation since the Raiden Shogun boss fight has her utilize multiple attacks involving constructs.
  • Homing Attack via Puppet's Shadow.
Agree
  • Limited Time Manipulation via Makoto's realm of consciousness since 500 years passed there without much time passing on the outside though that wouldn't be combat-applicable and is also completely unintentional.
  • Supernatural Willpower for being able to fight for 500 years inside of a realm of consciousness without any negative side effects. This should also be mentioned in the Stamina section. It's also worth mentioning that the Raiden Shogun was built to have a will stronger than any other living being's including Ei herself.
Well actually about this, I agree but I believe it wasn't actually just 500 years but Raiden Shogun states "Our battle has lasted long enough to see the rise and fall of nations" and considering the age of nations in the game it's probably way more than 500 years, I might be wrong tho
  • Self-Healing via willpower while inside a realm of consciousness since Paimon outright exclaims that the Raiden Shogun completely recovered once they completely recover their health in the game.
Agree
    • Ei would also gain the ability to enter another person's realm of consciousness since she did that with an unconscious Makoto.
Agree
  • Ei also gets an additional power boost from Musou Isshin.
I don't know about this
  • We also need to consider that Ei is 500 years older now on a mental level after the events of the second Story Quest.

Agree

Agree, and this should also grant Duplication if I'm not mistaken

Gee idk, this could probably just be game mechanics most Genshin profiles have game mechanics listed here anyways

Well actually about this, I agree but I believe it wasn't actually just 500 years but Raiden Shogun states "Our battle has lasted long enough to see the rise and fall of nations" and considering the age of nations in the game it's probably way more than 500 years, I might be wrong tho

I don't know about this
The thought did cross my mind but I dismissed it since these are explicitly illusions, so I'm not sure how exactly this would relate to Duplication. I wouldn't really mind Duplication, the issue is just that I'm not sure about it.

Well, elemental energy is something that exists within the lore of Genshin Impact and this is a special feature of this boss, so I don't think that it would be wrong to list it on the profile.

They directly state that they began fighting 500 years ago, so there isn't much leeway here.

Both the Shogun and Ei talk about the power of Musou Isshin that showed itself during their battle with neither Paimon nor the Traveler disagreeing, so I'm quite certain about this.

Last edited:
The thought did cross my mind but I dismissed it since these are explicitly illusions, so I'm not sure how exactly this would relate to Duplication. I wouldn't really mind Duplication, the issue is just that I'm not sure about it.
Yes they're illusions but, they're capable of inflicting damage with their attacks nonetheless but maybe this wouldn't break it from the shackles of only illusion creation
Well, elemental energy is something that exists within the lore of Genshin Impact and this is a special feature of this boss, so I don't think that it would be wrong to list it on the profile.
It is, but we don't know if her sapping it away is actually a thing she does outside of gameplay and this mechanic ties in with the "flower of rememberance" you have to break with electro, thereby preventing you from i-framing the final calamity
My 2 cents
They directly state that they began fighting 500 years ago, so there isn't much leeway here.
Well yeah, but possibly not "That which started 500 years ago" would be around the conclusion of the Invasion of Khaenriah' when Ei lost her Sister and she decided to create the Raiden Shogun and hop into her realm of consciousness and serve as the god of eternity you know what never mind
Both the Shogun and Ei talk about the power of Musou Isshin that showed itself during their battle with neither Paimon nor the Traveler disagreeing, so I'm quite certain about this.
Okay. Then it's fine

On a side note, shouldn't Ei possess Dimensional travel too?
As she can hop to and fro from Makoto's mental plane to her own Euthymia

Yes they're illusions but, they're capable of inflicting damage with their attacks nonetheless but maybe this wouldn't break it from the shackles of only illusion creation

It is, but we don't know if her sapping it away is actually a thing she does outside of gameplay and this mechanic ties in with the "flower of rememberance" you have to break with electro, thereby preventing you from i-framing the final calamity
My 2 cents

On a side note, shouldn't Ei possess Dimensional travel too?
As she can hop to and fro from Makoto's mental plane to her own Euthymia
I'd say that those illusions are most likely Electro-constructs and that this is what allows them to inflict damage with their attacks. This makes them rather close to something like for example the water clones from Naruto that qualify for Dublication though these illusions are explicitly called illusions and quite visibly not the original despite imitating the shape.

She decreases the amount of elemental energy passively even when she isn't using "The Final Calamity".

I don't recall her doing that. Didn't she need to specifically go to that cave to enter Makoto's realm of consciousness?

I don't recall her doing that. Didn't she need to specifically go to that cave to enter Makoto's realm of consciousness?
The Magatsu Mitake Raiden Shogun seemingly repeatedly enters Euthymia and back
Most notably when performing "Final Calamity"
She probably needed to go there possibly due to the Traveler and Paimon's presence and the Raiden Shogun was apparently present in that realm prior while Ei had control of her body.

Last edited:
The Magatsu Mitake Raiden Shogun seemingly repeatedly enters Euthymia and back
Most notably when performing "Final Calamity"
She probably needed to go there possibly due to the Traveler and Paimon's presence and the Raiden Shogun was apparently present in that realm prior while Ei had control of her body.
How do you know she went to the Plane of Euthymia and back? I don't think that we should put guesses on the profiles.

I've noticed that the page says that Ei can nullify all forms of elemental manipulation via the Vision Hunt Decree which isn't quite true since it doesn't work on the Traveler and the name alone shows that this is about visions. I think it would be more accurate to say that she negates all elemental manipulation that was bestowed to a character.

I've noticed that the page says that Ei can nullify all forms of elemental manipulation via the Vision Hunt Decree which isn't quite true since it doesn't work on the Traveler and the name alone shows that this is about visions. I think it would be more accurate to say that she negates all elemental manipulation that was bestowed to a character.
I've added this to the OP.

On a side note, adding scans to these files in the long run will be ideal
I'm not sure how to make scans for the game, so I would need help or advice with that. With the exception of Immortality Type 8 all of the additions are from the second Story Quest, so it should be pretty easy in regards to the references.

can someone also add her transformer state png thing for the puppet bc she looks super cool kekw
I would add that myself once I get to applying the changes suggested in the OP.

also we need to update her Musuo no Hitotachi thingy to just Higher, since the island split got recalced and is lower :teriderp:
That would be part of an Attack Potency revision and my CRT has nothing to do with that except for the additional boost Musou Isshin now provides.

How do you know she went to the Plane of Euthymia and back? I don't think that we should put guesses on the profiles.
There's no real way to verify it, but her disappearing from the plane when she wraps her self up and attacks from her Portal while not present implies to me that she's in Euthymia

There's no real way to verify it, but her disappearing from the plane when she wraps her self up and attacks from her Portal while not present implies to me that she's in Euthymia
That seems too speculative to me. There is no specific reason why she would have to be in the Plane of Euthymia to do something like that. I'd just include that in the Spatial Manipulation via "The Final Calamity".

Maybe some way to deal with Time Stop as well since I'm not sure how canon the orb that appears while this move is executed is.

Ei would also gain the ability to enter another person's realm of consciousness since she did that with an unconscious Makoto.
These two points from my OP don't quite define as what they would applied to the profile. I guess the first point that I'm quoting here could be something like Resistance via a forcefield since the shield appears in the boss fight from the Story Quest like it does in the Domain boss fight. The other point could be a form of Mind Manipulation since Ei phrased it as entering Makoto's mind at one point in her second Story Quest.

Last edited:
These two points from my OP don't quite define as what they would applied to the profile. I guess the first point that I'm quoting here could be something like Resistance via a forcefield since the shield appears in the boss fight from the Story Quest like it does in the Domain boss fight. The other point could be a form of Mind Manipulation since Ei phrased it as entering Makoto's mind at one point in her second Story Quest.
Resistance to Time Stop via a barrier since this is how the Time Stop is avoided in the boss fight and this is also present in the Story Quest.

Ei would also gain the ability to enter another person's realm of consciousness since she did that with an unconscious Makoto which could be applied as a form of Mind Manipulation since Ei phrased it as entering Makoto's mind at one point.
I've changed the OP accordingly to my last comment. If there is no issue with the suggested changes in their current form, then they can be applied.

wasn't Vision holders have some sort of crystal representing their visions and such?
I think power bestowal negation would make more sense or blessed negation since it negates blessing that grants that or bestowed powers that it grants.

Immortality 8 would also include regeneration though we have no idea what is the timeframe for said return so how do we go about that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back