• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rasalom vs MagnaAngemon

Magna doesn't have a chance due to that Paralysis it doesn't work on those stronger than him.

If he doesn't lead with it, he gets BFR'd by MagnaAngemon's Heaven's Gate as he starts with that.

Heaven's Gate is kinda a vacuum that is more effective on beings of Darkness and those who are evil.

Gargoyle One said:
He does not always lead with it I will say that.
He leads with it far more often than not, at least as far as people he's actually trying to fight. The only exception is Glaeken, whose runesword was established in The Keep to grant him immunity to all of Rasalom's powers, even basic ones like his telekinesis. He doesn't even bother when it comes to that guy.

The only other times he doesn't seem to lead with it is when he has a legitimate reason for using one of his other powers or just doing something else in general. In the case of the German soldiers in The Keep, it was because he wanted to kill them one or two at a time, each in the same manner (throat-ripping) so as to imply the same thing to the survivors. As far as Semerlee goes, she had royally pissed him off by attempting to steal his name, and he wanted her to answer for that before he killed her.

The only real 50/50 is whether or not he'll use a telekinetic blast at the same time that he uses paralysis. He did so to Jack the first time, as well as to Jack's father, but didn't do so to Jack the second time. (Though admittedly that was probably because he knew he would gain far more "delicious" emotions from Jack if he simply paralyzed him instead of blasting the shit out of him right away.)

And actually, judging from how he reacts in-series, seeing or sensing anything even remotely resembling a pure or holy force (or something that represents such) would spur him into seriousness right from the start. His experiences with the Ally's forces have taught him not to **** around when it comes to that sort of thing.

Anyway, I can't find the calc that MagnaAngemon scales to for the life of me. Anyone mind helping me out with that?

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Anyway, I can't find the calc that MagnaAngemon scales to for the life of me. Anyone mind helping me out with that?
No calc. It's based off this feat by Wendimo, and another feat involving a supernova performed by a Digimon whose name I forgot. Theirs a few black hole calcs but I don't think any exceed Tier 5 outside of the galaxy sized ones.

@Dark

I actually calced the "pocket dimension with a Sun" feat and it's either 8 Foe or somewhere in the KiloFoe depending on the pocket dimension itself

@Darknine The name is Dark SuperStarmon. And the Chaos Etemon Black Holes are Tier 4 because of of mass conservation. Before turning into a Black Hole the Chaos Dark Spirits were just balls with mass that would logically maintain the mass of the Black Hole. Then the calculation of creation and destruction of Chaos Dark Spirits results in Tier 4, something similar has already been done for Super Mario.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
If he doesn't lead with it, he gets BFR'd by MagnaAngemon's Heaven's Gate as he starts with that.
Heaven's Gate is "weak" BFR.

1) Piedmon wouldnt have gotten sucked if it werent for Wargreymon.

2) BlackWargremon survived it.

Its not an insta-win button, that's all.

@Pachi

Here we go...I knew someone would bring this up.

1) Piedmon and is stronger than MagnaAngemon and as we see Vilemon were sucked into it immediately.

2) BlackWarGreymon once again is stronger than MagnaAngemon.

3) It worked on Arkadimon who notably has a resistance to such a thing and thus escaped it.

So if you are weaker than him then yeah, you are getting sucked it. That's all.

Basically if Rasalom is weaker then Magna, he will be sucked in immediately. If he's equal to or stronger than Magna, then he has to be hit with enough force to send him flying a bit similar to what happened to Piedmon.

Also give me a sec, we got a revision soon and Magna's file is kinda...incomplete to say the least as he lacks any of his inherited skills. Although I clearly have to cut out the part where he gets Kid Lucemon's stuff as in lore it is nonsensical.

I dont know how strong Rasalom is. I was just bringing that Heaven's gate is not always a win 100% of the time.

Wait wot

Kid Lucey can Digivolve into MagnaAngemon canonically?

There are a few games in which he does that.

In fact, in the DS, Angemon + Devimon = Lucemon FM.

Kaltias said:
Wait wot

Kid Lucey can Digivolve into MagnaAngemon canonically?
Yes as Kid Lucemon despite his tier and power is still a Rookie level Digimon. He normally skips Champion level and becomes Ultimate level as Falldown Mode (Not even a Mega) and as Satan Mode he's labeled as Ultra, in which is just a name for far stronger than normal Megas.

Kid Lucemon in multiple canons can digivolve into Angemon, Devimon or Pidmon enough times to be considered for our guidelines. So that would in turn mean MagnaAngemon, Myotismon, NeoDevimon, Angewomon and any evolutions would inherit Kid Lucey's stuff if it didn't contradict lore.

In Cyber Sleuth, outside of Falldown Mode, Lucemon can become Angemon or Devimon depending on what you want.

You get Lucemon's stuff, and you! and you! Everyone gets lucemon's stuff.

Still waiting for Daemon to get FM's stuff. ovo

Funny thing is that it all leads back to Lucemon as his powers were split among the 3 Great Angels meaning that Lucemon inherits all his powers from himself. Think about that for a sec. ovo

Just as a question (since I'm totally unfamiliar with Digimon), how fast does Heaven's Gate pull its victims in? Would there be enough time for Rasalom to use the darkness surrounding him to teleport away?

Also yeah, can MagnaAngemon see him through the darkness that's passively surrounding him thanks to his aura? Or would he have to try and dispel that himself, if at all?

Well if Rasa is weaker than Magna, it is pretty fast once one is pulled towards it. When Piedmon was knocked into it, he didn't have much time to teleport away.

Yes. MagnaAngemon by nature fights beings of Darkness on a daily basis and can create his own divine light if need be. The Darkness will be the least of his worries.

I meant as far as what he would have to do in order to deal with said darkness. Does he have to actively create said light in order to see Rasalom in the dark, or is he able to see/sense him automatically?

If it's the former, then he's on a time crunch. He has to dispel the darkness and then open the Gate before Rasalom TK blasts and paralyzes him at the same time with a thought.

If it's the latter, then I suppose this is a "who hits first" scenario, seeing as Rasalom is weaker than him by about ten times and has no real way of escaping once he's sealed. That was the entire reason why he was weakened during the events of The Keep; he'd been sealed with a holy artifact in the eponymous keep for over five centuries, unable to feed or do much of anything.

Sensing is odd in Digimon. Digimon are usually able to sense when something is happening or where their opponents are. However, even then MagnaAngemon can still use Heaven's Gate even while surrounded. He can effortlessly emit light from his wings if need be. He can multi-task.

In that case, it's probably an inconclusive. Either Rasalom gets sealed or he paralyzes MagnaAngemon and uses everything at his disposal to kill him. Probably even opens a bottomless hole leading to an Otherness-dominated realm and tosses him in there while he's still paralyzed. Let his "boss" and a plethora of Lovecraftian creatures deal with it.

Dunno much else to say beyond that.

I don't follow as far as what difference that makes.

If you mean in regards to Rasalom's powers, most of what he uses isn't directly "darkness" related. He does things like inflicting diseases, putting people to sleep, opening holes in the Earth's gravitational field, willing things into exploding, etc.

If you're talking about his "boss" dealing with MagnaAngemon after the latter is thrown into one of the bottomless holes while paralyzed, said "boss" is the Otherness itself. A Tier 2 entity.

Back