• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re doing a match but with different battle conditions

Just something I am curious about. Say that there is a vs debate that ends with a conclusive winner, and later, someone does another match with the same characters but with different battle conditions (ex: location, speed equalized or unequalized, prep time, knowledge of each other). Could the results of that match be added as well? It would be between the same characters but under different battle conditions.

Short answer. No. The locale of the battle should have no impact on the battle at all, and really shouldn't be specified, which is why SBA is a thing

I know about Standard Battle Assumptions, though those are what is to be assumed if no other specifications are given for a battle. What I was asking is, if there are two versus debates using the same characters but the scenario's are different (Ex: what versions of the characters and which tiers, what equipment each have, if it's a fight to the death or a tournament fight which allows for an out of bounds victory, if it's a rematch and they remember what they learned about each other from the last fight, etc), can each of the two different scenarios be listed on the pages of the characters in the win/loss sections (for example, one match is made where speed is equalized and sometime later someone does the same match except it is not equalized)?

We don't add two match ups of the same combatants to the threads, and it's generally advised to wait before making a rematch. Timeframe before doing a rematch can very, but won't be long if characters have went through content revisions.

As for different battle assumptions with one such as one being speed equalized and the other not being speed equal, I never seen much instance in which double versus threads were made to effect the different outcomes. But if that were to happen, the one that's more evenly matched typically is the one that gets more priority, but that's more so assuming one isn't a stomp.

So you can do match ups with different assumptions but only the one that is considered more evenly matched gets added? That makes sense. I wonder how exactly one would determine what makes which one more fair, but I guess that's for the people doing the matches to decide after they have gotten the winner. Thanks.

Back