• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Fym "guesswork", that's 5 invisible sniper-shots per second! Cecilus what ARE you!?

While being targeted by this terrifyingly precise and agile sniper, Cecilus, while carrying Al, moved his body right, left, up, and down, all the while continuously evading the assault.

However, he did not seem to be looking at his surroundings at all. Then, Al realized. ――It was guesswork. Cecilus was dodging this top-class sniping by sheer guesswork alone.

Fym "guesswork", that's 5 invisible sniper-shots per second! Cecilus what ARE you!?
it looks similar to Reinhard's Intuition.

Cecilus: [I don’t think it’s such a good idea to kill too many enemies.]

Al: [You said that earlier. The reason being…]

Cecilus: [A hunch, as I said earlier.]

Groovy: […Your ****** hunches, huh.]

While this was not a laughable situation, he had a track record that could not be dismissed as nonsense. Cecilus and Arakiya belonged to those of the Generals of the First-Class that went completely by intuition, but they were intuitive in different ways.

Idek what the hell we're gonna do for that crt Cecilus needs because we've already tried to argue for characters breaking physics through skill with the Ram feat and that was a colossal mess. It should be impossible to deny at this point for anyone actually reading arc 8 but I feel we will just hear the same old "but it's not possible." Perhaps it would be easier to argue as some sort of physics manipulation?

Already drafting a Cecilus page revamp, will be posted a day or two after "Cecilus Segmunt" is translated.

I think all we can really say is "This is literally what happens, here's the scan."
I've also seen people say it sounds like subjective reality (which sounds too nutty imo).

Idek what the hell we're gonna do for that crt Cecilus needs because we've already tried to argue for characters breaking physics through skill with the Ram feat and that was a colossal mess. It should be impossible to deny at this point for anyone actually reading arc 8 but I feel we will just hear the same old "but it's not possible." Perhaps it would be easier to argue as some sort of physics manipulation?
Nah we just show them the shit Reinhard has done with his godly intuition and say that its basically the same thing

Already drafting a Cecilus page revamp, will be posted a day or two after "Cecilus Segmunt" is translated.

I think all we can really say is "This is literally what happens, here's the scan."
I've also seen people say it sounds like subjective reality (which sounds too nutty imo).
I really dont get whats so complicated about dodging attacks with intuition
btw doesn't this also aggregiously backup Ram's feat being real, especially combine the fact that rz characters can slow down their perception by A LOT

Not going to be apart of that, 1 cause it's going to turn into a shitstorm with pages of debates, and 2 cause I am deep into revising another verse.

Too soon for me to direct my attention elsewhere.

You may actually be fine with the Cecilus CRT, since i not gonna participate.

The Ram downgrade was because of me afterall.

If we are unable to have debates without having inaccurate profiles there is no point in having matchup debates at all.

If we are unable to have debates without having inaccurate profiles there is no point in having matchup debates at all.
You could have brought that up being a problem the first million times we made a matchup 🗿
Either way, the matchup gets removed when the updates are brought into place and I plan on doing rematches after some profile revamps as well. Its not as big of a deal as you might think it is

You could have brought that up being a problem the first million times we made a matchup 🗿
Why are you acting like I didn't literally just do that?
Either way, the matchup gets removed when the updates are brought into place and I plan on doing rematches after some profile revamps as well. Its not as big of a deal as you might think it is
Doing matches and then getting more information later is very different from already having the information and purposely making matches with profiles are innacurate and won't ever be fixed.

But the snake gave a snorting laugh and said, “You want to kill me. How charming. There’s something to you, boy. I’ll be happy to be your playmate!” Then the serpent leaped at Wilhelm, his two-bladed sword at the ready. Wilhelm rushed in as well, and the distance between them closed in an instant.
A dodge, a sideways swipe. A lightning-fast attack sought its enemy’s head, but a rising blade met it from below. With a screech and a shower of sparks, the deflected blade returned for another strike… - Ex 2
That shout, that lovely voice, that voice that touched him to his heart, became his pride, his strength, his inspiration to battle.
He abandoned defense. Holding his sword sideways, he welcomed the incoming attack. If Kurgan had released a bolt of lightning, Wilhelm would catch it upon the fangs of the wind.
An explosion of silver light enveloped the bridge, blossoming like a flower. - Ex 3
Wilhelm closed the distance between them in an instant, bearing his attack down on the Shinobi at lightning speed. The Shinobi caught his sword with one of his Kunai and struck back with his other one. Wilhelm avoided it by ducking his head, but a split second later, the Shinobi tried to knee him in the face, only barely missing and making Wilhelm tch. - Battle Ballad
I'm also fairly sure there are examples from arc 7 and 8 of other characters comparable to Cecilus being lightning speed. I definitely think it's important to provide evidence that these aren't merely descriptions being used for him because of his title. I would suggest highlighting the scene where Julius sees 100 of him as well.

I'm also fairly sure there are examples from arc 7 and 8 of other characters comparable to Cecilus being lightning speed.
A pretty significant one I feel is when Priscilla fully expected to be helplessly blown away by Arakiya's lightning, but ended up easily slicing it away with the Yang Sword– a feat that shocked her, and was only made possible by the Mutual Soul Marriage shared with Yorna.

lightning speed statements for other characters

Arc 7 Chapter 87 "Garfiel"

At one of those bastions of the star-shaped wall, a war cry rose up and a tiger rushed furiously.

With both arms mantled with shining silver gauntlets, he stepped right in front of an enemy with lightning speed in order to be able to reach someone who had pulverized a group of Centaur People in a dreadful manner.

One step, two steps, and Garfiel Tinzel charged forward in a blink of an eye.
Arc 5 Chapter 20 "Sirius"

Sirius: “Why are you so angry?”

The silhouette whose back was facing him replied in a distracted voice.

Immediately thereafter, she swung her right hand at lightning speed to deflect the blow from Subaru’s whip, using the chains that hung around her arm.

It was as if one snake had soared through the sky to intercept another.
Arc 6 Chapter 26 "Julius"

The slender blade he raised in a straight line, as a hammer to strike at those insolent enough to disgrace the grounds of a duel.

It pierced forward, swift as lightning but――、

Last edited:
Hmm the only one of those that potentially could really make sense is Sirius cause she's clearly held back the full extent of her authority and probably magic but it doesn't seem like she's done the same for her physical abilities. None of these seen likely to be honest.

Hmm the only one of those that potentially could really make sense is Sirius cause she's clearly held back the full extent of her authority and probably magic but it doesn't seem like she's done the same for her physical abilities. None of these seen likely to be honest.
I'm not sure how Surius is the most acceptable here, Emilia and Priscilla literally bullied her and she was probably too pissed off to hold back

Last edited:
I'm not sure how Surius is the most acceptable here, Emilia and Priscilla literally bullied her and she was probably too pissed off to hold back
She definitely wasn't. For one reason or another she never used her (seemingly) momentum stopping ability until her fight with Priscilla and even then used it only like twice for a singular purpose. Not to mention how it's been implied that Fortuna, and by extension she is nearly as powerful magically as Roswaal, Echidna, etc and the claim that Sirius is as strong as Ley. I imagine the gospel told her to hold off for some reason.

She definitely wasn't. For one reason or another she never used her (seemingly) momentum stopping ability until her fight with Priscilla and even then used it only like twice for a singular purpose. Not to mention how it's been implied that Fortuna, and by extension she is nearly as powerful magically as Roswaal, Echidna, etc and the claim that Sirius is as strong as Ley. I imagine the gospel told her to hold off for some reason.
Maybe to survive arc 5 so she could escape later on?

Aside from arc 7 garf those other 2 feats dont seem as clear cut
I dont know if i think Sirius should be lightning speed but Julius could in fact be considering he did manage to block Cecilus's casual attack but i would put him at like the bottom

I'm really interested to see just how much the potency of Sirius' Authority is increased by singing, I felt there was implication that her humming was even starting to work it's magic on Felt who was totally immune to Wrath.

I'm really interested to see just how much the potency of Sirius' Authority is increased by singing, I felt there was implication that her humming was even starting to work it's magic on Felt who was totally immune to Wrath.
Why was felt immune to wrath btw?

Do y'all think Cecilus’ named chapter might be grounds for extraordinary genius rating? Speeding up his thought to make everything look frozen and have a whole conversation with his past self? Instantly simulating swinging the blue dragon sword millions of times to perform the perfect slash? That sounds more impressive than what we've had before.

Extraordinary Genius is usually granted for intelligence in a range of subjects, but if there's precidence then I'd be fine with it for the tippy-toppy God Tiers.

Also! For the Cecilus revamp: Is a key-split between Cecilus (Canon) and Cecilus (Oboreru IF) warranted? I thought absolutely before, but his named chapter suggested massive growth– combined with various Vincent statements, he might no longer be the Blue Fraud...

Also! For the Cecilus revamp: Is a key-split between Cecilus (Canon) and Cecilus (Oboreru IF) warranted? I thought absolutely before, but his named chapter suggested massive growth– combined with various Vincent statements, he might no longer be the Blue Fraud...
Cecilus may have grown but he still needs to grow a lot more. You wouldn't scale Garfiel to Reinhard yet just because we know he will reach that level eventually and has been growing a lot lately. The fact he's still being hit by a suppressed Muspel tells us he has a loooong way to go.

Extraordinary Genius is usually granted for intelligence in a range of subjects, but if there's precidence then I'd be fine with it for the tippy-toppy God Tiers.
Oh, and I do know what it's normally given for but there has to be a certain amount of brain processing a character can do to qualify for that rating. It's probably a stretch but it's worth at least exploring.

Back