• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Red (Pokemon Origins) vs Rayquaza.

Both are at 5-B, Red's Aware of what Rayquaza's Typing is and the fight takes place at Sky Pillar.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Red_(Pokémon_Origins) :

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Rayquaza :

Incon:
Rayquaza >> Deoxys > Mewtwo, and while Red has both Mewtwo and Mega Charizard X, Rayquaza should be much stronger than both of them, so it would easily defeat Mega Charizard X with Type Advantage (and lack of Dragon moves), and then proceed to beat down Mewtwo as well

Rest are fodder in comparison to these three

Going with Rayquaza

Tbf, Mega Charizard X ******* Stomped Mewtwo so I think he's more Comparable to Deoxys than Mewtwo would be, but I can still see Rayquaza being Charizard's Superior due to having more Dragon Moves, though Base Rayquaza isn't insanely above Attack Form Deoxys either.

Tbf, Mega Charizard X ******* Stomped Mewtwo so I think he's more Comparable to Deoxys than Mewtwo would be, but I can still see Rayquaza being Charizard's Superior due to having more Dragon Moves, though Base Rayquaza isn't insanely above Attack Form Deoxys either.
Dexoys overpowered Mewtwo in the Manga, and Rayquaza canonically stomped Dexoys with ease

Rayquaza stomps Mewtwo as well, and will defeat Charizard due to AP advantage and type advantage, alongside Charizard X's lack of Dragon moves

When the hell did Base Rayquaza stomp Deoxys? I remember Deoxys giving Rayquaza a lot of difficulty in the movie, but if it comes from the Manga then I've never read any of the Pokemon Mangas.

I honestly think red can win this with Charizard and Mewtwo fighting on the front line and the three legendary birds functioning as support

I honestly think red can win this with Charizard and Mewtwo fighting on the front line and the three legendary birds functioning as support
Charizard lacks Dragon moves and half of his moves are resisted by Rayquaza. He ain't winning here

Charizard lacks Dragon moves and half of his moves are resisted by Rayquaza. He ain't winning here
And how are Pokemon battle fought here do we use the in verse rules or the trainer can use multiple Pokemon at the same time

Last edited:
And how are Pokemon battle fought here do we use the inverse rules or the trainer can use multiple Pokemon at the same time
No idea. It's not in character for Red to send all of his Pokemon at once though, so while there's no rule he can't do it, it's unlikely

I was thinking In-Verse Style, but I guess I could Bloodlust Red to make this more fair for him if I have to.

In that case, if Zapdos paralyses Rayqyaza, which almost certainly won't happen before Rayquaza one shots it, then Zapdos would blitz Rayquaza, which would mean the battle would not be added as it will be a case of a slower character blitzing a faster one due to speed equalization

In that case, if Zapdos paralyses Rayqyaza, which almost certainly won't happen before Rayquaza one shots it, then Zapdos would blitz Rayquaza, which would mean the battle would not be added as it will be a case of a slower character blitzing a faster one due to speed equalization
The slower character is lowering the faster characters speed here not amping himself to be faster

If red is bloodlusted then he can use Mewtwo and Charizard to distract rayquaza and then use zapdos for paralyzing

Even the amp rule only applies in speed equalised

Yes. This is why I said that if speed would be equalized and Zapdos will paralyse Rayquaza, then it'll count as a slower character blitzing a faster one
No need to equalise speed here though this battle isn't an stomp without speed equalise also if red's bloodlusted he can just do what I stated above to paralyze rayquaza

And about the stomping deoxys part that's rayquaza's high 3-a key meanwhile here the 5-b key is used

And about the stomping deoxys part that's rayquaza's high 3-a key meanwhile here the 5-b key is used
Rayquaza still defeated Deoxys easily and one shotted it with a Hyper Beam, and Deoxys nearly killed Base Mewtwo in the manga with a psycho boost. Rayquaza shook off the same psycho boost and still easily defeated Deoxys

No need to equalise speed here though this battle isn't an stomp without speed equalise also if red's bloodlusted he can just do what I stated above to paralyze rayquaza
Paralysing isn't an option since Rayquaza is already MFTL+ to Infinite speed, while the Birds are Relativistic+

Yes. This is why I said that if speed would be equalized and Zapdos will paralyse Rayquaza, then it'll count as a slower character blitzing a faster one
...What? Why? It's not a Speed Amp. It's a status effect. There's a difference. That's like saying Spider-Man can't web up faster opponents because then he'd speed blitz.

...What? Why? It's not a Speed Amp. It's a status effect. There's a difference. That's like saying Spider-Man can't web up faster opponents because then he'd speed blitz.
This is a different case then Spiderman immobilizing someone with webs. Paralysis in Pokémon is also Speed Reduction, which is equivqlent of the opponent recieving a Speed Buff

There is no rule against Speed reduction anyway and it technically still falls under status effect inducement

I guarantee if Speed Reduction being treated as a Speed Amp was a thing, there would probably be an explicit mention of it by Staff Members or in the rules somewhere.

Back