• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Characters who are "Far Stronger" than their previous form.

It's similar to the difference between Base Akuma and Oni Akuma, and the difference between ALttP Link, who without any Triforce enhancements defeated a Complete Triforce amped Ganon, and Composite Link with Complete Triforce. One form is obviously Astronomically higher than the previous, but there's no high end gap that's confirmed. Phaaze fused Dark Samus really could be anywhere between At least Low 4-C to 3-A for all we know, but the latter is stretching it.

I'm personally okay with keeping as Unknow, but the note about being far above Low 4-C still needs to be clarified. Same thing could be said for Omega Ridley.

That's the thing, 'Data. There is no proof it's "clearly" wrong.

I really disagree with assuming anything that isn't the minimum reasonable.

Could do something like this:

Unknown. At the very least Low 4-C, considering that low 4C and 4C are pretty small tiers and tier jumping's pretty likely. This is kinda like how it is on Saitama's page. That way, the true strength being way above low 4C is acknowledged, but the key is still usable.

Low 4-C isn't a very small tier; it's 50x gap ATM, but even a lowballed Light Suit Samus and Prime 2 Dark Samus are well into Low 4-C at 64 Tenatons. Right about 4-C being a small tier though.

If they're about halfway into it, lowballed, and assuming phase scales linearly, planet would definitely tier jump into at least high 4C due to regular 4C being tiny. What I proposed above doesn't really change much from that.

Well, I do see that and agree, but I was just correcting one small detail spoken earlier about the Low 4-C tier in general.

Fair enough.

@Kep

Need to ask, under what pretenses is the "A barren wasteland of with hints of phazon scattered here and there made dark samus go from 6-C to low 4-c. Said low 4-c did her feat after being beaten down literally to particles by light suit Samus. The form you guys are trying to rate as at least low 4-C becomes one with a living planet purely composed of phazon." Not a big enough gap to make the rating "Unknow" not reasonable or essential?

I'm suggesting "Unknow", not a higher tier or anything. If anything, the tier being suggested is the only assumption here, an "Unknow" assumes nothing because it is the rating that shows we simply don't know.

I'm fine with Unknow but we need a Note or something on Dark Samus and Ridley's profile mentioning that their Unknow key should be far above Low 4-C.

It only makes the minimum inaccurate, again, with the analogy of the nukes or the railgun one. Also, kinda have to ask about Thanos again, why isn't he rated as "At least 5-A"? Or literally most of are currently unknown characters.

I don't see what's unreasonable about putting Unknown on a character who is unknown.

Aikuro Mikisugi would be rated At least 9-B in his second tab.

Son Goku (Dragon Ball GT) would be rated as an At least 4-A in his 100 years later tab.

Thanos (Marvel Cinematic Universe) would be At least 5-A with his Infinity Gauntlet.

These are just a few examples.

In theory, this can be applied to anyone even remotely stronger than your average human though featless.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Unknown is the best placement for Dark Samus.

Well, the Dragon Ball GT example, it was because there's two tiers in between. Majin Buu's 4-A+ feat and Black Mist Shenron's casual 3-B feat. So 3-C was reasonable. But the other's are good example of Unknow but as mentioned above, they still need a note to avoid confusion.

What? No that's not why he's rated as unknown, we just don't know how strong he is at that point.

Oh, nvm, got confused. Thought you were referring to GT Goku's previous keys; forgot the Post keys even existed.

I don't see the issue with giving thanos 5-A, idk about goku due to having not watched GT, and it looks like the other anime character is like that due to scaling to someone who's unknown. The guy who he scales to has 2 justifications, one of which is losing against someone who apparently doesn't have a file, so an unknown rating coming from that isn't really a stretch, and another being fighting people who don't have files, and in an offscreen feat.

Back