• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Pokemon Ranges

Psychomaster35

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Where did the ranges for the Pokemon come from? It pretty much states that Babies have extended range, First and Second forms have Hundreds of meters range, Final forms have tens of kilometers range. But where did this all come from? Are there specific moves or feats that made it their range per form?

Probably from Pikachu's lightning going so far as to reach past the clouds. Tbh I don't remember where the kilometers stuff came from. It was a precedent that I just followed.

But for everyone else, where did it come from? How are the babies weak range even though they have moves that fill entire rooms? (Example: Cleffa having Misty Terrain) That is definitely not extended range.

The real cal howard said:
Dragon Ball says hi
Pretty sure the reason why DB's Universal+ God tier can't kill most of Omnipresent being throught a Timeline is because of their lacks of range, it doesn't equalize with their AP so: Can you at least prove that all final form pokemo have this range not because they are stronger?

Pretty sure the reason why DB's Universal+ God tier can't kill most of Omnipresent being throught a Timeline is because of their lacks of range, it doesn't equalize with their AP so: Can you at least prove that all final form pokemo have this range not because they are stronger?

Dude, everyone who scales to or above BoG Goku has universal range. Frieza, Caulifla, Zamasu, you name it.

The real cal howard wrote
Dude, everyone who scales to or above BoG Goku has universal range. Frieza, Caulifla, Zamasu, you name it.

If DB has the same things due to "i'am stronger so i have a better range than you", then it's pretty wrong (even if i can understand this due to the mechanics of the Chi but still), but to prove that hax have the same range than another characters just because he is stronger, it's wrong.

I dont really see any reason why the same ranged attacks that can be used by different pokemon would have different ranges

WeeklyBattles said:
I dont really see any reason why the same ranged attacks that can be used by different pokemon would have different ranges
I don't talk about the same attack.

According to Cal, the scaling come from a thunderbolt from Pikachu, why this specific range from this attck is scaled to pokemon stronger even if they doesn't have this attack?

Its not just stuff from pikachu, there are a lot of attacks that have demonstrated multi-kilometer range

WeeklyBattles said:
Its not just stuff from pikachu, there are a lot of attacks that have demonstrated multi-kilometer range
I get it but there is still the scaling problem:

Currently all final form pokemon have Ten Kilometers range with most of their ability because they are stronger, this is the only things that is wrong, i don't refute that some pokemon have ranged attacks but firstly it don't scale to all of their attacks and secondly it don't scale to stronger pokemon if the reason is only "they are stronger"

They can still have this range with the ability that show to have the range but the current scaling is wrong, the solution i can see is specified the attacks with this range (like most of the profile in the wiki) or at least give good reason of why this ability scale to the range of another.

And I am pretty sure that just because you are stronger, it does NOT mean that it improves your range.

Back