• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Resurrection in Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a very simple answer as to why the character would stay here and fight again even if the opponent is apparently dead for good.

Because I say so. That's literally the reason why the characters battled each other to the death to begin with.

Also if you think that you killed me but you didn't that's not you winning. It's you abandoning the battlefield. Again, let's say that I behead a character with Mid regen, and that they need 10 minutes to come back. Are they dead? No. So if I leave, this doesn't make me the winner

Anderson2003 said:
10 seconds does seem a bit rushed. I mean, who revives in 10s?
Every character in a fighting game that tells you to press A to continue with a timer counting down from 10 after you lose ovo

Look at this like a tournament.

They count until 10.

If the one who got defeated does not get up until the count is over, he lost.

Granted, resurrection in less than or in a few minutes could still allow a fast enough character to tag their foe.

I agree with Fate, it's more consistent. Most characters would just leave.

Unless, we actually make some kind of standard battle ground for them to fight in, like the arenas the Roman Empire had for Gladiators, and both characters already know the rules. Basically, a Tournament of Power mindset, but with killing allowed.

Kaltias said:
There is a very simple answer as to why the character would stay here and fight again even if the opponent is apparently dead for good.

Because I say so. That's literally the reason why the characters battled each other to the death to begin with.

Also if you think that you killed me but you didn't that's not you winning. It's you abandoning the battlefield. Again, let's say that I behead a character with Mid regen, and that they need 10 minutes to come back. Are they dead? No. So if I leave, this doesn't make me the winner
The only way for you to resurrect is if your killed. If I don't know you can resurrect I will leave... period.

The only way your senario works is if I know what you can do but unless the OP states I have knowledge on you I won't know. So when I kill you and see you dead for a minute, I am going to leave.

FateAlbane said:
Look at this like a tournament.
They count until 10.

If the one who got defeated does not get up until the count is over, he lost.
Tournaments and fights to the death are very different things.

You will leave. And to go where exactly? You aren't in your world, and in some cases you aren't even acting like you would normally (battles with pacifist Frisk comes to mind). You are the toy that I, person who made the thread, choose to play with today. You aren't leaving because that's not what I want.

I don't personally care that much about the timeframe, but saying "because I would leave" isn't an actual argument against it.

FateAlbane said:
Yeah, but why would a character stay there waiting for minutes after obliterating their opponent?
Like I said, they would need have info on their opponent, if not they will believe their dead and leave.

@The Everlasting

The same OP that pits each character against each other in-character? Sorry, but for me, the OP lost control the moment it is not a bloodlusted match.

@Koichi

In-character matches have to be within reason.

Characters like Optimus or Frisk have an aversion to killing at all.

The Everlasting said:
Tournaments and fights to the death are very different things.
Indeed. The character that dies or is incapacitated could technically win in a tournament setting. For example, In Yu Yu Hakusho's Dark Tournament finals, Kurama kills his opponent but loses the round by count-out

@Ever/Kaltias

Well, if the OP specifies that they wait for a while trying to figure out a way to kill their opponent deader for no reason, then sure, go ahead.

@The Everlasting

Characters like Optimus or Frisk also would not under any circunstance stand there for a month while their opponent is out there somewhere ressurecting. It sound like the OP is cherrypicking the fight for a easy win.

In that case, this matter could be easily solved by saying that OP specifies if it's "first to die loses" or "Victory only if one is killed beyond hope of returning, ever".

Regardless, saying that the character has to wait hours, days on an entire month instead of being declared the victor sounds strange to me.

For example, let's look at the strongest regenerations (Low-Godly and onwards). Let's say that I have Mid-Godly regen, it needs 10 seconds to work, and me and my opponent are both MFTL+. If my opponent erase my existence, and goes away to the other side of the universe, then I regenerate, my opponent won?

Resurrection is exactly the same thing at this level

Something like a few seconds or minutes is fine. Something too long like hours or days sounds strange, really. Even BFR gives a time limit. I dunno why resurrection shouldn't have one.

@Kaltias Itis an argument but you don't like it.

I don't know my opponent, why would I sit there for hours after I blow him to pieces? Im then stuck here for hours then out of nowhere he gets up full Heath and I'm not back at 100% and we fight again.

Just sitting there waiting and woundering why I can't leave because I don't know he can resurrect is complete BS.

KoichiSamakibara said:
@The Everlasting
Characters like Optimus or Frisk also would not under any circunstance stand there for a month while their opponent is out there somewhere ressurecting. It sound like the OP is cherrypicking the fight for a easy win.
They wouldn't kill in the first place, that's my point.

LordGriffin1000 said:
@Kaltias Itis an argument but you don't like it.
I don't know my opponent, why would I sit there for hours after I blow him to pieces? Im then stuck here for hours then out of nowhere he gets up full Heath and I'm not back at 100% and we fight again.

Just sitting there waiting and woundering why I can't leave because I don't know he can resurrect is complete BS.
Again, because the OP wants them too.

Once again, the point of the matter is that 1 month is too long. A few hours is okay. Maybe even a day. If said character has to wait a month, then the battle has no point to begin with. All characters with resurrrection would either have a win or inconclusive on their files due to this.

@Griffin

Yeah, it's almost as nonsensical as slaughtering a guy that you never saw once in your life and that you will never know because it's not a part of your verse and you have absolutely zero reasons to fight it.

Dragonmasterxyz said:
Once again, the point of the matter is that 1 month is too long. A few hours is okay. Maybe ever a day. If said character has to wait a month, then the battle has no point to begin with. All characters with resurrrection would either have a win or inconclusive on their files due to this.
This!

In character is also a thing. Just because "Willing to Kill" is in Standard Battle Assumptions does not mean they '''HAVE''' to kill each other to win.

If the victory conditions list "knocking the opponent out for at least one hour" I believe one hour should be the limit for Resurrection.

@The Everlasting

If they don't kill, their chances of victory diminish and most likely can't be included in this discussion because they wouldn't be able to kill the one with ressurecting abilities. But characters who do kill have better chances and shouldn't be cherrypicked like that.

And either way, most characters who do ressurect over time, tend to acknowledge their defeat after they have been killed.

The win conditions are weird and unfair to some BFR users.

Some better rules (my opinion) would be:

1) Permanently killing the opponent.

2) BFR for at least 1 hour.

3) Incapasitate the opponent for at least 1 hour (characters with resurrection count as incapasitated whilst dead).

Anyway, as far as I know, a month is the limit because if it takes longer it's basically incapacitation.

Also with the whole "the characters fight because that's my will" I was trying to say that while it's true that they are in character and that they fight as they normally would, they are still fighting because I want to, as I want to, when I want to and where I want to.

If we were to say "but they would go away because they have no reason to stay" what's the difference with "but they wouldn't fight to begin with because they don't have a real reason"?

Also the fact that everyone with resurrection would win is false because:

1) A lot of resurrections take way more than a month, and most of those who don't are immediate anyway.

2) Resurrection can still be bypassed. For example, you can resurrect via reincarnation. Very well, I eat your soul so that nothing can be reincarnated. It's the same as bypassing any of the -godly regenerations.

Yeah, resurrection is only relevant if it's fast enough.

You putting two characters to fight in a vs match is not a problem. you making a character stay and they don't know why their staying there for a whole mounth without knowing why is the problem. They believed they killed him but now their stuck in the battlefield for like 3 weeks wondering "what's happening... I know I killed him. He's in pieces right now".

Also there are matches where some people don't have those abilities to deal with resurrection.

Good thing than that their entire purpose during said match is to fight to please me so they will stay here if necessary. Also, has anyone considered the fact that this gives the other character a month of prep?

And? There are people who can't deal even with something like mid-high regen. Doesn't mean that the character shouldn't be allowed to use it.

Those people shouldn't be put in a fight to begin with if they have no way period to stop the other person.

Honestly I believe one mounth is to long, a day is the best in my opinion.

To be completely honest, I'd think the OP is giving advantages to one side if they literally gave ONE ENTIRE MONTH of incapacitation and forced the other character to actually wait that long to resume the match.

Goku: Blasts Frieza to death

Frieza Force: Wait! According to vs battle rules, Lord Frieza has a month to return to the battlefield!

Goku: Yeah, so?

Frieza Force: We can recover the dragon balls in seconds, and revive Lord Frieza by then!

Goku: Lolwu-

Frieza: -Comes back and one shots Goku- Since the rules state you have a month, and the dragon balls won't come back for a year, gg no re you filthy monkey.

Beerus:

In all seriousness, three hours seems legit, considering that's how long Nappa and Vegeta waited for Goku to come back from King Kai's planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back