• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding Resurrection in Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Amo and the Xel'naga need a little while to come back to the real world, but they are instantly brought back to the Void. How do we treat this? Does coming back to a separate universe instantly count as valid Regen or is do they need to be able to return to the normal universe in the now shorter time period?

Assaltwaffle said:
Well Amo and the Xel'naga need a little while to come back to the real world, but they are instantly brought back to the Void. How do we treat this? Does coming back to a separate universe instantly count as valid Regen or is do they need to be able to return to the normal universe in the now shorter time period?
Honestly? I'd almost treat it like BFR. The ultimate result of them dying is reappearing in another universe. They have to come back to the universe the fight originally took place in to finish it. So it's up to them in reapper within in a month based on SBA.

I'd also like to propose this: why don't we simply treat the resurrection process as being knocked out/incapcitated? I mean, the character is inactive during the time it takes for them to come back alive. At the end of the day, resurrection simply means that the character can come back from the dead. If that should take longer than hour, they have pretty much loss the fight.

So, does anybody have a very good practical suggestion for how to reword the regulation in a way that works better than the previous one?

"Killing the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least an hour (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least an hour, permanently incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for at least an hour, are to be assumed as victory conditions."

Maybe just reduce the time to an hour and say on the resurrection page or the standard battle conditions page as a note: "For characters with delayed resurrection, if the resurrection is interrupted, it is assumed as a victory condition."

??????????

I thought it would be reasonable to have a time between that of usual say boxing matches and a long period of time to compensate for the range of the battle, Regenerationn and speed of the characters.

I only remember Natsuki Subaru's Return by Death getting brought up but it's about as reliable as a bookmark that can only be put on certain pages lest it burns the book.

In my opinion it makes sense to have longer periods for return from BRF/resurrection. As certain characters need a lot of time for their resurrection. Severely limiting the time limit for resurrection is like denying the characters ability itself. As such it would be a regulation simply unfair for certain characters.

As such I favor the rule staying as it is. That said I could agree to limiting it to a week, as a month might actually be too much.

Also resurrection is always useful even if it takes a month. It still allows the character to come back and try the fight another time, but this time with more knowledge on the opponent.

Of course in a battle to the death no limitation should be applied to it at all.

Than it is the victory of whoever interrupted the resurrection.

That is if the character even knows his opponent is resurrecting. Quite often characters can resurrect hidden from it's opponent, or perhaps the opponent left convinced he was victorious not paying attention to the resurrecting opponent.

As far as resurrection goes, according to SBA, once you're killed you've lost. And who's to say in some instances, you won't be resurrected just to receive the same treatment?

As far as waiting due to BFR goes, I'd say 30 minutes.

Yeah but while it says that, it's described as if they are two separate things. Permanently incapacitating someone could be sealing them, or scattering their limbs if they're an immortal. While killing is almost always a permanent way to incapacitate someone, the reverse doesn't necessarily need to be true.

If that's not the case, then it needs to be clarified, since it also says knocking someone out for over an hour is a win.

The opponent may be worn out and badly damaged so the resurrected opponent will finish them off. They won't necessarily get killed again.

EvilMegaCookie said:
Why is this being brought up? Has there been any thread where people has used this as an argument?
Meliodas comes to mind.

As for this resurrection issue, I don't agree with a month or a week. It should be a matter of hours or a day.

Hmm. Well how about this-

Since the one who seemingly wins will leave the battlefield and go back to where ever they come from (town, city, planet, universe, multiverse, etc.) What if the regenerated character has no way of being able to tell where they go back to, let alone being able to follow them? I don't think any sort of resurrection rule should apply in this scenario as even though they come back they won't be able to find and continue their match.

My thoughts:

It is not a win for anyone if one character kills the other then goes back to their world and then the other character resurrects a few hours later and also goes home. The reason they would stay in the battlefield to continue the fight is because of ROB.

A month is too long. A week at most.

Knocking out has to be in an hour but resurrection, something that is needed after faaaar more damage has been done compared to a simple knock out, takes a whole month?

so we're basically trapping the fighters in the arena until one dies for good. does this means a weakling who can revive every other hour could "beat" a vastly more powerful opponent by immediately dying over and over until the other guy starves to death because he's trapped in some abstract indestructible cage?

Saitamax said:
so we're basically trapping the fighters in the arena until one dies for good. does this means a weakling who can revive every other hour could "beat" a vastly more powerful opponent by immediately dying over and over until the other guy starves to death because he's trapped in some abstract indestructible cage?
HaX Stomps are a thing.

but..in this case the guy is being beaten by the rules set by whoever made the fight, not by the opponent >_>

this also creates the issue of what exactly constitutes the battlefield. what if one of the fighters has universal AP and range..wouldn't the battlefield be the entire universe? in which case it really makes no sense to disallow him to go back to his house or whatever to get something to eat, maybe even get some sleep depending on how long the other guy takes to revive...

Have you guys considered the option that the "die of starvation" thing could be simply ignored for the sake of the debate?

Saitamax said:
but..in this case the guy is being beaten by the rules set by whoever made the fight, not by the opponent >_>
If they had Godly regen the same would happen poor picked fight resulting in a hax stomp.

Kaltias said:
Have you guys considered the option that the "die of starvation" thing could be simply ignored for the sake of the debate?
Then it would be inconclusive someone who has no way around Resurrection shouldn't be put against someone with Resurrection.

Well, whatever is decided here, we should be very careful with not making any ill-considered drastic changes.

Kaltias said:
I fail to see the problem here. You just have to find a different opponent
Or we could just remove the whole month deal and ncome up with an new timeframe. As said above many people have agreed to about a day.

You may not see the problem, but I with other people feel as though the one month timeframe is an issue.

Overall, I believe this thread has lost trace of the simple purpose of limiting the amount of time. Simply put we can give the opponent's a day to comeback. I find that a more than reasonable timeframe.

You misunderstood. I said that I don't see the problem with the opponent having no counter for it. Not that I don't see the problem with a timeframe of a month.

Opponent's having no counter should not be an argument, because by that logic fights with high level regen wouldn't happen. Not many characters have a way to bypass High-Godly Regen characters, but doesn't stop them from being fairly used.

A few minutes of combatant 1 not being able to continue the battle [BFR, unconsiousness] would be enough to give the victory condition to combatant 2.

As for Regenerationn, if a combatant takes a significant amount of time to regenerate [couple minutes], this would still give enough time for the other combatant to deal even further damage towards the person who is still continuing to regenerate.

here's what i think

self revival / Regenerationn should only count if it either

1: works immediately

or

2: it's immediately obvious to the common person with no prior knowledge pertaining to that character that he/she is in the process of regenerating / reviving.

so if you kill a guy, absolutely nothing happens for an hour, then he comes back to life suddenly, IMO, that counts as a loss. if he decides to engage the other fighter again it'd be a rematch. the first fight is over.

basically too much time with complete inactivity from one of the fighters should constitute a loss.

Regarding the earlier issue of endless resurrection: there should be a limited number of resurrections permitted before defeat is declared, say 3. Then it becomes quite clear who is the superior character.

Why though. It's a fight to the death. How do you achieve victory isn't relevant.

Anyway, I agree with the timeframe of one day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back