• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Regarding the name "Outerverse level"

Ultima_Reality

?????????
VS Battles
Administrator
Currently, the name for the 1-A Tier has been decided to be Outerverse level. And as explained in this thread, it seems to be used to indicate that an "Outerverse" or beings of the same magnitude are completely transcendent over any kind of Cosmological Models and scales of Dimensions, remaining completely beyond the concepts that define their existence (Dimensions, Time and Space, etc) existing as utterly undimensioned and featureless meta-abstractions which stand untouched and "outside" of any dimensional structure of any magnitude. Hence the "Outer" part of the name

...or it might be just a reference to The Outer Gods from the Lovecraftian Mythos... ovo

Anyways, after all of this long text full of fancy words, i have to say that... using a nomenclature related to "Verses" to refer to anything in the scale of 1-A and above is completely inaccurate and is not a thing that should happen. According to the Tiering System page itself, we use "verse" as an abbreviation of the word "Universe", which by itself, is defined as the totality of everything, a structure bound by, and composed of Time, Space, Matter, Concepts and so on; the same thing applies to Multiverses and "Hyperverses", although they would mostly contain some higher-dimensional iterations of Time, Space and the other aforementioned concepts in their structure

With that said, i think it is very ease to guess why i believe using a nomenclature related to the word "verse" to described an undimensioned realm is inaccurate. An "Outerverse" is defined as a realm with no real structure, unbound by any concepts and dimensional hierarchies of any scale, hence, it is incorrect to refer to an undimensioned and featureless realm by a name which refers to spatial constructs with a defined structure, and that which are bound by concepts of Time, Space and Dimensions, refering to a realm of this nature as such is in the same league as calling an aspatial and atemporal void a universe

TLDR: "Outerversal" is dumb, as it implies some kind of construct with a defined structure, something which an undimensioned realm, per its very nature as the canvas and background for all dimensions and concepts, should completely transcend and be devoid of. Dimensionless is better, simpler, and it gets the whole point across.

NOTE: STAFF ONLY

@Ever

As with "True Infinity", it doesn't have to end in "level".

..no? "Outerverse" is a completely arbitrary term that implies a realm with a "structure" and yada yada

Dimensionless is simpler and gets the whole point across

Well, Ultima originally argued for "Transcendent" instead. Also, even "High Outerversal" implies a higher realm than Outerversal. Which isn't exactly the case.

I still think "High Outerversal" is unnecessary and there are very few High 1-A characters. Outerverse level+? Is that so hard?

Well, the name was changed from "Hyperverse level+" to "Outerverse level" for similar reasons: The name is an inaccurate way of depicting the nature of the Tier

So i don't see why it shouldn't be changed at this point

Outerverse level+

"High Outerverse level" is so cringy...I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect ;_;

"Transcendente"? Hue. e.e

Anyways, Outerverse isn't that bad, but it seems to refer to something outside and not something thanscendent in relation to dimensions. So... I agree with the changes.

I hate to mention this but this '''is''' a staff only thread.

Nah. I personally would prefer if all persons can reply buuuut....you know how it is :/

You know, i don't see why the names have to sound "good" or "cool"

They have to be in line with the nature of the Tier, not to be choosed out of personal tastes or anything like that, accuracy is what actually matters here. "Outerversal" sounds just as bad as "Dimensionless", yet no one ever complained about it. At least Dimensionless gets the point of the Tier across with far more clarity, when applied to 1-A, Outerverse ― or anything related to "verse" for that matter, is just... dumb. No offense intended

Even as the original proponent of Transcendent, I agree that it should not be used. Too many beings that aren't 1-A are described as "Transcendent."

@Ultima

Names are not the defining point of the tier, it's why we rejected renaming High 4-C to "Dense Star level".

Then what are they defining, exactly?

If that is the case, why was "Hyperverse level+" even removed, in the first place?

High 1-A should still be changed to "Outerverse level+". That's a fine alternative. It doesn't have to be "high" just because the tier say "high". I know High 3-A and High 2-A work like that, but those use real words and don't sound bad.

I have always thought High 1-A would be more appropriate if it was called Nigh-Omniverse level analogous to nigh omniscient (if were gonna treat the 3 omni's as what they mean in real life). But then my thoughts dont rly matter here

We don't use the term Omniverse in any shape or form.

and Marvel is ********, they have already butchered the words like multiverse but yet we still use them

we do not use omnipotent either but only if we preface it with "questionable"

The thing is: Omniverse is an arbitrary term with no real definition, it can mean anything, from a collection of different Multiverses to the stupid, old definition that we tend to avoid. It really depends on the depiction presented on the verse it appears

There is also the fact that "Multiverse" is real word with an actual definition, as opposed to "Omniverse"

We could just use "Irrelevant" like 1-A does with Speed and whatnot.

Also, if the name change is somehow approved, what will happen to the Outerverse page?

(Forgive me, I know this is a staff discussion.)

Nothing. My page >.>

The name change isn't happening. This needs to be closed.

KingPin0422 said:
We could just use "Irrelevant" like 1-A does with Speed and whatnot.

Also, if the name change is somehow approved, what will happen to the <a href="https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Outerverse" title="Outerverse">Outerverse</a> page?

(Forgive me, I know this is a staff discussion.)
"High Irrelevant Level"

I don't like the terms Multi-Universal (Which is literally just Multiverse with a hyphen added) and Outerverse level (Which is related to things outside "verses" but uses the word "verse).

Back