• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rei Ogami vs Cole Macgrath

It is a bit unclear cus the White Flame is supposedly the combination of all 7 flames, but its only feat is burning type 1 non-existence.

Problem is the white flame is the only thing that can cover the distance. That assumes it doesn't get blown away by the Ray Blast

I'm gonna go get some other InFAMOUS peeps while I eat.

1. That's why i told you to make the distance a little more reasonable. At this distance its literally just Rei Ogami will burn anything coming at him till he either coves the distance or just yeets the white flame.

2. I doubt the white flame is gonna get blown away by anything tbh.

1. Unless the match is a stomp I see no reason for it.

2. The White Flame can't keep traveling if Air Pressure is forcing it the opposite direction, hence why it's a flame.

1. It becomes more interesting, but sure let's keep it like this.

2. Don't think, you can tell flames that burned non-existence to follow those average flame rules doe. Besides, it would just burn the air that is applying pressure.

Anyway we'll discuss the white flame when the moment comes. First the part we already discussed:

• Cole drains
  • Rei revives
  • Uses belphegor on himself
What can cole do to bypass belphegor? (The black flame which burns away all special powers, when used on himself the flame burns all powers that are affecting Ogami).

Cole resists powernull

Funny thing is, his abilities carry his resistance to powernull as well.

So anyway. Too explain

The Powernull itself is from the Ray Field Inhibitor capable of nullifying every ability in the verse. This includes the likes of Mind Manipulation, Matter Manipulation, Regenerationn etc. If you need more let me know.

Cole is the only character in the verse who can resist it's affects, while people who are stronger then Cole like The Beast, get nulled and even incapped

Cole's abilities, usually, do not carry his own resistances, however even in flight the RFI can't null his projectiles

Basically, Cole's abilities don't carry his resistances, except for his powernull resistance.

And don't give me the verse equalization stuff, null is null.

I mean ogami's power null worked on stuff like time hax so there's that.

But what i was mostly asking is how does the RFI null stuff? Since as you know ever since that infamous thread, power null's mechanics are important. And while it won't be a "verse equalization" problem cus i know Infamous doesn't run on mediums and stuff. So how does the RFI work?

Also: "null is null"

Null is Null

It hits you and it nullifies everything you do. Not much else really goes into it.

The only thing that's really explained is that it directly attacks a conduits abilities, there's a cutscenes that explains this to an extent

Firephoenixearl said:
I mean ogami's power null worked on stuff like time hax so there's that.
Time Hax does exist in InFAMOUS to an extent. Abigail Walker is capable of putting people in a time stopping stasis bubble.

The thing is I'm not 100% sure if RFI Works on Second Son conduits, given they rely on slightly different mechanics.

Power Seal and Power Null are literally the exact same things.

The Ray Sphere basically causes genetic mutations for those with the conduit gene, and it unlocks their powers, the RFI nullifies this.

You're literally the only person who thinks power Sealing and power null are different even though they literally do the exact same thing, as shown by multiple Medaka threads.

Sealing your powers and nulling them are the same thing. Especially since sealing abilities means to stop people from deactivating them, which power null does.

This is semantics.

Yes but we literally had a specific thread for power null, where we stated that even within power null, mechanics are important. Let alone power sealing vs power null.

And tbh saying P sealing is the same as P null is like saying Sealing and Incap are the same thing. P Sealing seals the powers, P Null makes them unable to activate or does something after its activated.

• Mechanics, not semantics.
Like look at this logically, why in the world would resisting having your powers locked stop Ogami from burning his electrcity attacks?

<Null makes them unable to activate or do something after it's activated

So what you're saying is that if someone activates its powers after its used its power null?

Also what thread?

No what im saying is... I guess 2 obvious examples would be Culexus Assasin and Iihiko shishime.

Both are power null, 1 prevents you from using it in the first place. The other doesn't prevent you from using them but prevents them from taking effect (can be used, but to no avail against Iihiko).

Firephoenixearl said:
No what im saying is... I guess 2 obvious examples would be Culexus Assasin and Iihiko shishime.

Both are power null, 1 prevents you from using it in the first place. The other doesn't prevent you from using them but prevents them from taking effect (can be used, but to no avail against Iihiko).
Still not getting it.

If your powers are nulled, you can't use them to begin with because they are nulled.

There are about a dozen types that fall under "power null". That's why mechanics are important.

Which is why people like Iihiko Shishime, Fussy Lunch, Sakura Sakurakouji etc have Power Nullification despite their version being "can't affect them with powers" rather than "can't use them at all".

And a reason why Ogami has "Power Nullification" despite the fact that you can use powers, he just burns the powers.

Why Misogi Kumagawa had his power erasure listed as power null (which atm isn't on the profile for whatever reason, we likely forgot or i messed up somewhere) despite the fact that he doesn't lock or prevent them from being used, he just yeets their existence.

Lihiko doesn't null your abilities, in fact you can even use them, however they get nulled once they try to affect him.

That said I kinda get what you mean by the Ogami example, however if Cole's projectiles have resisted power null from the RFI it's still not working.

It's still a form of power null. Even within power null there are different types, that's why we still list it as power null on Iihiko and the other examples i gave you.

Wasn't RFI sealing? What's the example of the projectiles resisting null?

The RFI can nullify abilities of conduits, and their abilities, Cole's projectiles and Vole himself don't fall under it.

Also, you were the one who thought it was power sealing, not me, hence why it's labeled as power null on Cole's page

Schnee One said:
It hits you and it nullifies everything you do. Not much else really goes into it.
Pretty much this, the RFI Beam hits the projectiles, but they still travel

It's really not that complicated. If the RFI Beam hits something, like the Beast, (I can link that if you want) it nulls their powers, I don't see why a link for something that basic is necessary especially since it's only something that occasionally happens in gameplay.

Also, isn't powernull judged by AP? Because if so, Rei isn't burning it.

Oh, so its based on hits. Ok then sure. Most likely Rei isn't burning it (though rei does have better nulling feats).

Depends on the type, not all power nulls are judged by AP.

Yes, The RFI nullifies your powers by hitting you with a beam. I'll get you the link for that.

Edit: 7:00 here https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gTs1wLFS1sU

Now let's address another thing. Can his ressurection ressurect from being blown to bits due to Cole's massive AP advantage

Nah, he'll resurrect from basic things, but there is a significant lack of feats. As for the AP advantage, Ogami can just burn most attacks. Like...actually burn i mean with NPI EE, not power null.

Back