• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reid Astrea vs Lee Geon (3-0-4)

Oversight then, she met 3 different Witches and spent hours with Echidna.
That sounds like bs, Witches like Echidna have a supernatural aura of fear, resisting that means resisting fear manip, not that one character's fear manip.
We kinda derailing the thread so i not gonna say more, but we kinda decide that witches fear aura is not totally passive in other threads.

Paralysis that causes the ground to crater is strange, but actually I ain't read it so I'm not gonna argue on it.

Hmm thats also a wincon since Reid seems to need to physically cut
He can slash from many kilometres away, his slash is described as a flash of white light that splits the world.

Currently thinking Reid's aura gives him a free move while Geon's on his ass which he uses to say "**** you, angry prick." while either beheading or evaporating him.

Reid can cut from a distance as well. His range is kilometers.
Abyss Cutter isn't physically cutting you. It's cutting the connection between you and whatever your power source is, nullifying whatever you use to fuel skills/Magic, etc.

Is this correct? If it is I am voting Incon FRA, If its not I am voting Lee because of Abbys cutter
Reid isn't a witch and his aura is very much passive. He also has two different auras. His fear aura and his fighting spirit aura, both which induce mental effects.

Abyss Cutter isn't physically cutting you. It's cutting the connection between you and whatever your power source is, nullifying whatever you use to fuel skills/Magic, etc.
Er, I mean, neither is Reid's stuff really a physical cut. He cuts through space and concepts n shit. Both seem to be through a physical movement, anyways.

Also, Reid's stuff is literally just through "skill" it doesn't really have a power source lol.

Both seem to have the capacity to kill the other and theres very unknown stuff here such as the paralysis or how the aura will work against Lees willpower. Very close match so I am just gonna vote Incon

He does.
There's a technique in Re: ZERO called Flow Method, which they use to increase they physical strenght.
Is reliant on magic.

No, I'm referring to shit like Magic or whatever power system re:zero has. Does Reid use Magic?

Responding to the radiance of rainbow surging forward in front, Reid raised his burly arms and slashed down the sharp edge of the ordained sword he was gripping to.

With no reliance on special Magic or Divine Protections, a 『Sword Move』 named as pure violence―― with a sole swing, it expunged the maximal magic Julius had fired with all his might. - Arc 6 Chapter 85 "Good Loser"

Troublesome. If Reid used Magic I'd argue Geon could just nullify that then yoink the Magic for himself, but it doesn't seem like Reid has a theoretical power source for Geon to nullify or "cut".

Troublesome. If Reid used Magic I'd argue Geon could just nullify that then yoink the Magic for himself, but it doesn't seem like Reid has a theoretical power source for Geon to nullify or "cut".
Yeah Reid's swordsmanship is just pure swordsmanship from him reaching god levels of skill and manifesting the concept of the sword itself.

Doesn't rely on magic or any supernatural power. Just him slashing his weapon. It doesn't even have to be a sword.

Geon can still one-shot through 4-A AP, btw.

Well, Geon being 4-A here does change the nature of my argument. I'm probably leading more towards an incon now, like Shion proposed.

Well I'm not gonna change it now so that Reid has the more likely victory.

So if you think it's incon that's fine and I'll count your vote.

I personally think even with the AP advantage that Reid would be given an increased chance of victory due to his aura, though.

Well I believe that's 2 official incon votes

(Fezzih and Shion)

AP changes nothing because it shouldn't affect range, destructive capacity, etc. And things like "breathes at them" are just shorthand for oneshot, they still need to hit each other.

Voting Reid for his aura & massively higher skill to just behead/evaporate with the free moment(s).

Voting Reid for his aura & massively higher skill to just behead/evaporate with the free moment(s).
You ignored everything I said. Literally paralysis with a thought is likely a viable wincon too. You are tempting me to vote Lee because of it

I would prefer we don't start voting out of spite of the other side.

I do think it's still reasonable to vote Reid.

The paralysis thing really shouldn't be paralysis. It looks like it's resistible through lifting strength.

Also, breathing or twitching out 4-A power and killing people from a distance with that isn't really a thing unless the character has showed it before.

i think it's perfectly reasonable to think Reid wins because of the aura, btw. It realistically should work as a temporary incap.

The paralysis thing really shouldn't be paralysis. It looks like it's resistible through lifting strength.
Whatever it is, it's proof at least that Gun doesn't need to actually touch you to hit you. So the wincon of him just going like "lol no" and AP stomping from a distance IS viable, now that I know he is 4-A.

Now, if you believe Reid wins anyway despite this, or if you disagree with it, power to you.

Back