• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Reinhard Van Astrea Resistances

I'm a little confused on where Reinhard got some of the resistances shown on his page, as he's never really shown anything to suggest those. For example: Absolute Zero, Illusion Creation, Time Stop, Age Manipulation, Spatial Manipulation, Power Nullification, BFR, and Memory Manipulation. Some of these even have counter feats, such as Reinhard being affected (IIRC) by the distorted space around the Pleiades Watchtower back in Arc 6.

Also shouldn't Reinhard get Durability Negation due to his ability to cut through space?

Yeah but wouldn't such a form of space manipulation qualify for durability negation as well. Under the durability negation page, space-time manipulation is listed there under the idea of being able to separate the matter by the space. If you can cut though the space that an object occupies, you should theoretically cut through the matter taking up that space.

Absolute Zero-Reinhard causally walked up to Puck, while he was feezing everything to absolute zero. Bond of Ice explicitly states Puck can freeze stuff for eternity, has absolute zero etc, and in the main story we see him freeze Subaru who then collapses under his own weight, an explicit showing of absolute zero.

Illusion Creation-Resistance to Yin Magic which does that.

Time Stop-Honestly should probably be removed, i remember years ago while reading the WN it was said Beatrice can freeze time, but it's not in the LN.

Age Manipulation-Yin Magic resistance again, Beatrice can accelerate time to make a person bald for example.

Spatial Manipulation and and Power Nullification-Yin Magic resistance again, but might be iffy, basically it would come assuming he resists EMM or was it EMT? But that's like a new technique Beatrice and Subaru came up with so probably iffy.

BFR-Again Yin Magic/Magic resistance, Al Shamac probably won't work on him to an extent

Memory Manipulation-Same as what i have been saying

Some of these even have counter feats, such as Reinhard being affected (IIRC) by the distorted space around the Pleiades Watchtower back in Arc 6- That's done by Satella's miasma who has an authority, as we all know blessing can't grant resistance to authorities, also Satella is probably the best Yin Magic user in the series, her hax even if it's not an authority would probably above others. Though as i said the resistance might be iffy to begin with.

Anyway Reinhard explicitly has Magic Resistance, and Darkness Immunity, which would grant these resistances, this is the guy who can go 1 vs the world and not lose for a reason.

Last edited:
I'm not really sure we should be giving resistance that Reinhard hasn't shown through off his resistance to the six magic types. Just because he resists magic based abilities of those effects doesn't mean he would resist any kind of ability with those effects. IIRC his DPs such as fire immunity, darkness immunity, etc only apply to magic (that being the six magic types in the series) rather than general fire or dark-based abilities.
I guess the elemental ones should probably stay due to verse equalization stuff but for stuff like spatial manipulation and illusion creation I dont think him resisting yin and yang magic should grant him general resistance to general spatial or illusion-based abilities, especially since he was affected by some sort of spatial manipulation through Satellas miasma/authority/whatever ability. Maybe we could put limited resistance?

Last edited:
  • Magic Resistance: No curses, debuffs, or buffs can affect him.
It says no debuffs can affect him, from the official scan listing his blessings. I think if we say for example that Magic Resistance, and resistance to Yin Magic, which is explicitly stated to be debuffs by the way, would grant like a general resistance to status effect inducement, but not specific status effect inducement like Julius casting illusions, is just kinda splitting hairs.

No debuffs (outside authorities of course) can affect him, thus he should resist the applications of Yin Magic. If you want to use the what if's in Pride If, Subaru tried like 10,000 times to kill Reinhard and it didn't work, and he used poison too from memory, in those 10,000 times, he should have tried Ying Magic at some point too, we could also argue that.

Yes Reinhard has not resisted Julius specific application of Yin Magic to cast illusions, but he logically should, i would be open to like a "Likely" rating for those resistances he hasn't shown himself, but the implications would suggest he has.

Yeah ok, you have a point. I still disagree with resistance spatial manipulation tho since he was affected by Satellas and the evidence for granting him that is weak.

Yeah but wouldn't such a form of space manipulation qualify for durability negation as well. Under the durability negation page, space-time manipulation is listed there under the idea of being able to separate the matter by the space. If you can cut though the space that an object occupies, you should theoretically cut through the matter taking up that space.
Also, thoughts on granting durability negation via cutting space? I'm pretty sure cutting space is valid for dura neg but I could be wrong.

Alright, thanks. I'm still relatively new here so I'm not 100% sure what the process for changes is, does a CRT need to be made?

Yea, this is just a Q&A after all, not a CRT.

The profiles need some work, which i will get to in the coming months, probably also make some new profiles, but that's all after i deal with Slime, and probably make new profiles for that too.

It's just an obvious addition for durability negation, that should be fine, as for the resistances, i guess it's not as straight forward, Reinhard's profile can be improved by repeating that no debuffs can affect him for each resistance to yin magic, and then say for example, "thus Beatrice's shamak would work on him" and link Beatrice's profile, however Beatrice profile needs work, i need to add references, so wouldn't really touch resistances right now.

Back