• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relocating Keys to Top of Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Ant said the following:

I think that it looks great, yes. Thanks a massive lot for your help. 🙂🙏👍

However, should we change the text "if there are actually multiple keys for the character" to "if there are actually multiple statistic keys for the character" or some improved wording that explains the intended point better?

Specifying "statistic keys" would be nice TBH, not everyone is a native English speaker, and so just throwing around "Key" without much more detail is asking for confusion, which is undesirable for one of the most basic ways to contribute to the site.

Many thanks for helping out. I think that our new explanation image looks good now. 🙏

Is somebody in our staff willing to make minor changes to our standard format for character profiles page as well?

So, we need to update the standard format pages to reflect the new changes in the position of "keys", right? If no one is available, I am willing to help, but I won't be able to do it right away. Maybe I can work on it tomorrow when I return home.

What do you suggest? More px?
I mean... If it's better maybe, if you want it to have the same/similar texts size you'd need to compare by keeping on adjusting it until they look similar in size

But I just said it to let you know... Since it could've not been that big of a problem or something... Yee...

Bump. I haven't started yet because I'm waiting for confirmation if Promenstein will take care of this with her bot or we can help too, the necessary changes have already been applied to the page, we just need confirmation.

The changes to our standard format for character profiles page seem to have been applied, so I think that you can initiate this project now, @Promestein (as long as you are certain that your script works as it should).

@Just_a_Random_Butler mentioned to me in private that he would also update our other standard format pages, such as the one for items, where it is necessary though.

Once the changes are in place I can go. If they're in place I'll start soon.
The changes to our standard format for character profiles page seem to have been applied, so I think that you can initiate this project now, @Promestein (as long as you are certain that your script works as it should).

@Just_a_Random_Butler mentioned to me in private that he would also update our other standard format pages, such as the one for items, where it is necessary though.
I have implemented the modifications to all other formatting guideline pages.

However, the Civilization format page is missing a section for keys. While waiting, I suggest adding the following under the tier section for the Civilization format page:
Key: To specify the different versions of the civilization, including the alternate versions that differ from the main one.

I believe this approach could work, but I am open to other suggestions or improvements to the proposal. I hope this won't cause any significant delay in our discussion.

No problem, and thanks a lot again. You are still awesome. 🙏🙂

I have implemented the modifications to all other formatting guideline pages.

However, the Civilization format page is missing a section for keys. While waiting, I suggest adding the following under the tier section for the Civilization format page:
Key: To specify the different versions of the civilization, including the alternate versions that differ from the main one.

I believe this approach could work, but I am open to other suggestions or improvements to the proposal. I hope this won't cause any significant delay in our discussion.
Should I apply this now?

That seems like a good idea, yes.

Would the following text be acceptable, or should it be further modified?

"Key: To specify the different versions of the civilization that differ from the main one."

That seems like a good idea, yes.

Would the following text be acceptable, or should it be further modified?

"Key: To specify the different versions of the civilization that differ from the main one."
Maybe we remove the part after the word "civilization"?

Like:
"Key: To specify the different versions of the civilization"
instead?

There seems to be some sort of rate limiter in MassEdit. I can continue the work but it'll take even longer and be more cumbersome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back