• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Relocating Keys to Top of Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought keys being relocated up there was optional?

I wasn't sure it was something we had to do for sure for every page

Question, what's the relationship between VS Battles, Joke Battles, and FC/OC VS Battles? VS Battles is popular enough to be in Fandom's sidebar, while Joke Battles and FC/OC VS Battles barely see any activity and are considerably behind on a lot of things, having outdated policies, systems, and abilities and not having gone through things like this key change, the striking strength revision, the category tag revision, the SI prefixes revision, and whatever else I don't know about as a relatively new member. I thought to ask this when I saw how much more refined VS Battles is becoming than the other two from these projects.

Question, what's the relationship between VS Battles, Joke Battles, and FC/OC VS Battles? VS Battles is popular enough to be in Fandom's sidebar, while Joke Battles and FC/OC VS Battles barely see any activity and are considerably behind on a lot of things, having outdated policies, systems, and abilities and not having gone through things like this key change, the striking strength revision, the category tag revision, the SI prefixes revision, and whatever else I don't know about as a relatively new member. I thought to ask this when I saw how much more refined VS Battles is becoming than the other two from these projects.
Uhh, this belongs in question & answers

Uhh, this belongs in question & answers
It was a tangential question I didn't want to make a separate Q&A thread for, not to mention how it would be far less likely to get a response there.

It was a tangential question I didn't want to make a separate Q&A thread for, not to mention how it would be far less likely to get a response there.
?
You don't ask questions with things unrelated to the thread, that's derailing; and no, it's not gonna be "less likely" to get a answer there, the Q&A is quite aclive.

we also should stop commenting before the blue name slayer Deagonx catches us

?
You don't ask questions with things unrelated to the thread, that's derailing; and no, it's not gonna be "less likely" to get a answer there, the Q&A is quite aclive.

we also should stop commenting before the blue name slayer Deagonx catches us
Fine.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought keys being relocated up there was optional?

I wasn't sure it was something we had to do for sure for every page
I know that the question has already been answered, but to clarify further, there was a discussion about the possibility of having the key section placement optional earlier in the thread. However, it was ultimately decided to adopt a uniform placement of keys on all pages to help visitors and content moderators locate them easily. If the keys were positioned differently, some at the bottom of the page while others just below the tier section, it would create confusion and make it difficult to find the necessary information, which could be a hassle for content moderators. That's it was made a requirement.

As a content moderator myself, I find it more convenient to check for the key section in a specific location rather than two, so having a consistent placement is helpful.

Last edited:
Yes, thank you for the reminder, but please use less unnecessarily vulgar language. 🙏

They have less staff and volunteers, so changes presumably go slower there, but they provide perfectly valid functions for other types of character profile pages than our main wiki, and are run by two of our retired bureaucrats.

That is all that needs to be said here about the subject though.

Thanks a lot for the help. It is extremely appreciated. 🙏

@Just_a_Random_Butler @Dereck03

Can you link to your respective Bot accounts here please? So I can ask a Fandom staff member to give them Bot rights, and I can give them Administrator rights.

Okay. I am very sorry to hear that. I hope that things will get much better for you. 🙏

I will create a private message thread for you, Dereck, and Butler, so you can give them proper instructions.

Their Bot accounts have been activated now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back