• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You just now realized this?! Lmfao!!!
I can confirm that i forgot as well🗿🗿🗿
Anyways, since its debatable if his summoning actually takes down Reinhard now (not to mention him summoning a skeleton horse at all is total rng and i personally think bringing out a higher leveled summon is probably more likely), and it also being unclear on what the "upgrade" to the death manipulation actually is(cuz as mentioned it could be something aside from a more potent death hax like taking less time or whatever). Reinhard can also kill Ainz barehanded with his normal swing since that is 6C so taking Reid away isnt gonna be doing much

I am voting for Reinhard on this one

Its not combat applicable i believe and also requires prep time
It is combat acclible.

It doesn't.take prep, it's one of the ten rings Ainz always has on.
Can't Ainz ressurect and shit ? He has a ring
It would get ******* obliterated soooo
(cuz as mentioned it could be something aside from a more potent death hax like taking less time or whatever).
And guess what, the same person who brought those up got bodied in their examples. Read.

too bad Isekai at Peace characters are either too haxed or too weak to be featured here 😔

This Match RN

f0061496b2950d0f5c0e04de837e46c7.jpeg

Regarding Death Manipulation, it must be shown that the ability is capable of killing someone with a high level regeneration beyond just its base abilities as without the evidence to prove it, it would imply it can bypass one's soul, mind, concept, etc. leading to a No Limits Fallacy.
for example, I saw Glass saying that someone with death manipulation has to show it affects beings with Low-Godly regeneration.
Captura-de-tela-2023-10-28-085319.png

For example, x character has death manipulation and y character has Low-Godly regeneration. Even character y does not have resistance to death manipulation, he would not be affected by character x if he has not been shown to affect Low-Godly beings with his hax.

If Ainz has a high death manipulation feat against regen guys, arguing over layers might not matter.

Or conversely, if I don't know, Rimuru or Reinhard have greater regeneration than Ainz's death manipulation ability has been shown to affect.

Rimuru's High atm while Reinhard peaks at Low-Godly.
Reinhard doesn't have Low-Godly.

yes. it's almost like you don't read and only see what you want too.
Up to what level of regeneration could Ainz kill with death manipulation?

Like, did he use death manipulation on enemies with regeneration? If so which ones? Or at least he has a quote about his death manipulation affecting the soul or something like that.

Up to what level of regeneration could Ainz kill with death manipulation?

Like, did he use death manipulation on enemies with regeneration? If so which ones? Or at least he has a quote about his death manipulation affecting the soul or something like that.
Ainz has gutted High-Mid possibly Low-High before, but admittedly I'm not the best guy in the world to ask on that

I don't see that on his profile either.
The level of Rez is not listed on his profile it seems, but it is indeed Low-Godly.

Q: How does Reinhardt’s Divine Protection of the Phoenix work? Can his body be recreated even if his soul is destroyed?

A: Regarding Reinhard’s Divine Protection of the Phoenix in the world of Re: Zero, if the soul is alive, the body will come back. In this world, if the body is dead, then the person is dead. Also, generally it is impossible to destroy someone’s soul.

For Reinhard, as long as his Divine Protection is there, he can come back to life, even if he physically dies many times. In this world, there are 10 special swords, and one of them is the “Meiken” – the “Life Sword”, which will destroy the soul. If you use this sword to fight, even Reinhard might be in danger. However, if someone points the Life Sword at him, he probably would receive a Divine Protection to counter it. I have no idea how to kill Reinhard. Please think about it and tell me.

Calling Rimuru a Mary Sue next to Reinhard van Astrea of all characters, and Ainz is certainly a choice.
Anyone who has read Re Zero would never call Reinhard van Astrea anything near a Mary Sue. Lol. The guy has a lot of problems and a pretty deep backstory as well. He's far from the "perfect guy." Being a Mary Sue is not just about being powerful.

Rimuru Tempest on the other hand, is genuinely not a very good character due to the way he's treated in the narrative. He's overpowered from the beginning and very rarely, if ever, faces a genuine threat, nor permanent consequences, but I won't go into that. This ain't exactly a place to talk about stories.

I wouldn't know about Ainz, but I hear he also has some pretty deep character arcs in the novel.

The same could be said for Rimuru. You’re pretty evidently just biased, and you make that quite clear in the op.
As someone who has indulged in Tensei Slime, no, the same could not be said for Rimuru in the slightest. Bro doesn't ever face genuine threats or permanent consequences. There is not a single time where I've ever been worried for Rimuru or even felt bad for him.

I actually think that Rimuru is an enjoyable character, but he's 1000% a Mary Sue. The guy has everything given to him from the very beginning and is an extremely simplistic character throughout what I've seen of the story. His development outside of his power level is almost non-existent.

As someone who has indulged in Tensei Slime, no, the same could not be said for Rimuru in the slightest. Bro doesn't ever face genuine threats or permanent consequences.
Then your indulgence was, frankly, shoddy and inadequate. The Invasion of the Saints was quite obviously the biggest example, never mind Veldora’s capture. Saying he has a deep backstory and has problems is ultimately a completely worthless sentence because it’s not backed by anything, and more than that, it’s subjective.

Rimuru’s strength doesn’t come from his combat, it’s his interactions with the world around him, in which he is pretty evidently out of his own league on numerous occasions. I really fail to see how you didn’t notice this, since they make it a point on numerous occasions.

Nonetheless, what exactly are Ainz & Reinhard’s wincons against Rimuru here? Too lazy to read the other pages.

Then your indulgence was, frankly, shoddy and inadequate. The Invasion of the Saints was quite obviously the biggest example, never mind Veldora’s capture. Saying he has a deep backstory and has problems is ultimately a completely worthless sentence because it’s not backed by anything, and more than that, it’s subjective.
Of course it's subjective. Tensei Slime as a story never did anything to make me genuinely believe that Rimuru was ever in danger or at risk of actually losing something, because it constantly has Rimuru solve every single problem, most of the time with ease, without ever losing anything.

If it did for you, then Kudos. Good for you.

Nonetheless, what exactly are Ainz & Reinhard’s wincons against Rimuru here? Too lazy to read the other pages.
Ainz - More powerful death hax than what Rimuru can resist. Soul eaters that are soul absorption. Layered time stop.

Reinhard - Existence Erasure with twenty kilometer range. Low-Godly resurrection.

Of course it's subjective. Tensei Slime as a story never did anything to make me genuinely believe that Rimuru was ever in danger or at risk of actually losing something, because it constantly has Rimuru solve every single problem, most of the time with ease, without ever losing anything.

If it did for you, then Kudos. Good for you.
Then, that’s not a fault of Tensei Slime, that’s just your reading comprehension being poor. Rimuru had lost his country, his comrades, and it was partially his fault due to the fact that he told them never to harm humans. You not grasping the story isn’t Fuse’s issue.

Ainz - More powerful death hax than what Rimuru can resist. Soul eaters that are soul absorption. Layered time stop.

Reinhard - Existence Erasure with twenty kilometer range. Low-Godly resurrection.

Ainz just use his Layered time stop and death manipulation to kill both of them.
Reinhard uses his EE sword slash, that covers a lot of kilometers
This is nice, real nice, but how, exactly, does this bypass Rimuru’s passive radiation? Extends out due to his aura, and it’s magic in nature, affecting and transforming people into monsters.

This is nice, real nice, but how, exactly, does this bypass Rimuru’s passive radiation? Extends out due to his aura, and it’s magic in nature, affecting and transforming people into monsters.
Please give an example of this working instantaneously from the source material.

Then, that’s not a fault of Tensei Slime, that’s just your reading comprehension being poor. Rimuru had lost his country, his comrades, and it was partially his fault due to the fact that he told them never to harm humans. You not grasping the story isn’t Fuse’s issue.
You mean the country that he revived?

Lol.

Please give an example of this working instantaneously from the source material.
Tis in his profile.

You mean the country that he revived?

Lol.
After extensive steps to becoming a Demon Lord, as to which he couldn’t do immediately, and got his run back on the people who did so to him. Doesn’t seem like a Mary Sue to me. It really seems like you’re just cutting out all context in order to dish out dubiously-bad faith arguments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back