• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roblox DOORS Discussion Thread: The Hotel

As for what image to use for The Player, we do have some options
  • Player Crouching icon
  • Buddy System badge image
  • Interconnected badge image
  • In Plain Sight badge image
Png
Png
Png

Okay, as for quotes, we have quite a large variety such as some badge descriptions that involve the use of first person pronouns
"My heart beats stronger..."
"I'm the one for the job."
"I think i'm lost."
"Yeah, I've got time."
"I have unfinished business."

Okay, as for quotes, we have quite a large variety such as some badge descriptions that involve the use of first person pronouns
"My heart beats stronger..."
"I'm the one for the job."
"I think i'm lost."
"Yeah, I've got time."
"I have unfinished business."
“I hate you. Can you not be yourself for five minutes?!”
Use the crucifix on Screech

By the way, it's probably worth noting that it's not gonna take too long for the Player to recieve upgrades, because Floor 2 is coming soon and is introducing 4 new items

Question, should the Player recieve Creation alongside Rift for being able to create a second rift with the Bottle of Starlight? Or is that entirely on Rift for being able to create the second rift if the bottle is placed right into it?

Curious Light should definitely have Creation, it can make stuff such as Levers and Portals (Including a stone frame for it)

Last edited:
Curious Light should also possibly have creation for similarly making levers with which Haste can be held back
yes... that's what i just said

Anyway if we're gonna give Guiding Light a profile, do not give The Player abilities that Guiding Light have like being able to emit light and making noise for specific stuff, since it's Guiding Light's doing

yes... that's what i just said

Anyway if we're gonna give Guiding Light a profile, do not give The Player abilities that Guiding Light have like being able to emit light and making noise for specific stuff, since it's Guiding Light's doing
I suppose we’re treating the two lights as one then?

They have different abilities altogether, Curious Light cannot empower the Crucifix, only Guiding Light can.
Should also be noted that the Rift is Guiding Light's doing too. The yellow Rift created from the Bottle of Starlight would be Curious Light's

They have different abilities altogether, Curious Light cannot empower the Crucifix, only Guiding Light can.
Should also be noted that the Rift is Guiding Light's doing too. The yellow Rift created from the Bottle of Starlight would be Curious Light's
Ok, so then both should get creation and spacial manip, Guiding light probably power bestowal and some light trickery, and Curious Light would have slightly lower intelligence than Guiding and something more like sealing for the whole Haste mechanic, is that right?

That said, if Haste gets a profile I believe it would be comparable to Seek and Figure, cause I don’t think you can survive a haste attack with any amount of health

Last edited:
Ok, so then both should get creation and spacial manip, Guiding light probably power bestowal and some light trickery, and Curious Light would have slightly lower intelligence than Guiding and something more like sealing for the whole Haste mechanic, is that right?

That said, if Haste gets a profile I believe it would be comparable to Seek and Figure, cause I don’t think you can survive a haste attack with any amount of health
uh spatial manip? i don't really know about that, but yes, they should both get creation, Guiding Light for probably creating the Rift. Power Bestowal (Crucifix), Light Manipulation and Sound Manipulation.
I don't really know about sealing for the Haste mechanic, i feel like that's more of it's own mechanic than something keeping Haste trapped

Yes Haste would be comparable to Seek and Figure, you can't survive Haste with any health

So the Starlight potions are a bit weird, because since you create a Rift of Curious Light from the Starlight Bottle, wouldn't that mean you basically drink Curious Light when you use either the Vial of Starlight and Bottle of Starlight? (Guess in this case it's more like curious liquid, also they said it tastes like pickle juice)

So the Starlight potions are a bit weird, because since you create a Rift of Curious Light from the Starlight Bottle, wouldn't that mean you basically drink Curious Light when you use either the Vial of Starlight and Bottle of Starlight? (Guess in this case it's more like curious liquid, also they said it tastes like pickle juice)
That would then give Curious Light healing if I’m not mistaken.
I don't really know about sealing for the Haste mechanic, i feel like that's more of it's own mechanic than something keeping Haste trapped
So what would it be then if you were to pull a time lever while Haste is chasing you, and Haste disappears as a result of you having pulled the lever?

That would then give Curious Light healing if I’m not mistaken.

So what would it be then if you were to pull a time lever while Haste is chasing you, and Haste disappears as a result of you having pulled the lever?
Oh! Well it would be either Haste retreating back or it's actually Sealing

Would Guiding Light have Planetary or Universal+ range? cus his reach is the entire main Hotel but apparently the Backdoors and Rooms are different dimensions and his reach does not extend to there. Or is just Nigh-Omnipresence?

If the Rooms and Backdoors are different dimensions that would mean that Curious Light would have Interdimensional range
I can definitely see the case for Rooms being a different dimension but I’m fuzzy on the BackDoor because you access it from a different side of the hotel itself. Not that it would matter in regards to Curious Light’s range but it might end up limiting Guiding Light’s range.

I can definitely see the case for Rooms being a different dimension but I’m fuzzy on the BackDoor because you access it from a different side of the hotel itself. Not that it would matter in regards to Curious Light’s range but it might end up limiting Guiding Light’s range.
Yeah but like the Backdoors are weird, outside of the doors that might mislead you into exiting it there's the Vacuum. No oxygen, it might as well be either space or just void

Yeah but like the Backdoors are weird, outside of the doors that might mislead you into exiting it there's the Vacuum. No oxygen, it might as well be either space or just void
Good point. I would say it’s space because void is not as lethal in the main hotel.
Oh! Well it would be either Haste retreating back or it's actually Sealing
Would that mean, then, that Curious Light is also among the top tiers of the verse? Because either way it’s his power involved in stopping Haste.

I think Backdoors has definitely some evidence for being a different dimension from the main Hotel. Curious Light has to specifically warp you through a portal to get there, the way you get into the main Hotel normally is with the elevator. You need Curious Light to create the portal for you to get through to there.

Oh. I found further support for The Player's lifting strength being Peak Human, you can rip the vent off one-handed, from holding just about any item in your other hand

I think Backdoors has definitely some evidence for being a different dimension from the main Hotel. Curious Light has to specifically warp you through a portal to get there, the way you get into the main Hotel normally is with the elevator. You need Curious Light to create the portal for you to get through to there.
Whereas the main Hotel's outside has rain and thunder, the Hotel's lobby seems to reside in an island covered by water, by that logic the elevator would basically be taking you down to water level, but as it appears, it took you higher than the hotel's lobby because you cant see those same bodies of water around. and it basically has a garden near the greenhouse so you can't make the argument that it's SOMEHOW raining underwater. So yeah the main hotel doesn't take place in space because you can breathe in the garden

Last edited:
That’s over 500,000 joules…isn’t that Wall Level? That puts him above everyone else in the verse.
Im pretty sure Figure might have a wall level feat in the game from the door rooms he might have attacked, there's a completely busted wall, i think it's backed up by El Goblino's dialogue where he says the "macho-meat-düd" came blazing in Jeff's shop and threw stuff around, which implies he's been in the doors before the one from jeff's shop

Also i believe only Seek's humanoid extension might be Street level, i don't doubt those big arms could crash through walls

Im pretty sure Figure might have a wall level feat in the game from the door rooms he might have attacked, there's a completely busted wall, i think it's backed up by El Goblino's dialogue where he says the "macho-meat-düd" came blazing in Jeff's shop and threw stuff around, which implies he's been in the doors before the one from jeff's shop
Found it

Curious Light should also possibly have creation for similarly making levers with which Haste can be held back
apologies i had misworded it earlier and never bothered to correct it, it's not Guiding Light, it's Curious Light that makes the levers and stone frames for portals

apologies i had misworded it earlier and never bothered to correct it, it's not Guiding Light, it's Curious Light that makes the levers and stone frames for portals
Guiding Light can possibly do the same considering that there are levers in the Hotel which it also highlights when it's too dark to see, though it's never been explicitly stated like Curious Light's case so it's just a speculation.

Guiding Light can possibly do the same considering that there are levers in the Hotel which it also highlights when it's too dark to see, though it's never been explicitly stated like Curious Light's case so it's just a speculation.
yes, but isn't that just plain light manipulation? i can see Guiding Light having Creation from making the rift though
(I can't believe of all the things that get me back into Doors is powerscaling it, i used to dislike DOORS for greenhouse sections and Door 100 being so hard)

Last edited:
Back