• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Roller of the Universe VS Eater of the Universe

"Both 3-A, Grey Goo is from the first game and the Prince starts with a Katamari that is already as big as the universe."

- Niarobi_(Formerly_Hadou)

I got interested in VS Battles a long time ago & I'm recently new. Is this old thread still open for debate? If yes, then I do have an idea of how this battle will turn out.

The Grey Goo & Katamari from what I've seen so far is similar in nature, they both can absorb things onto themselves given enough size. Both opponents are VS Battles' 3-A, meaning that they're at least the size of the observable universe/attack potency of creating/destroying the entire observable universe. Any higher finite quantity is 3-A by default. Being the size of the universe compared to the observable universe is debatable due to the ambiguous true size of the universe. However, The Katamari isn't too restricted in size since a 3-A universe is presumably finite & it's at least size of the observable universe. Considering that you can always create a higher finite quantity, there's also a chance that the Prince's Katamari may be larger than the original game Grey Goo. The Original Goo from the first game at the last level of story mode has a starting size of 21.9 Gpc & ends at 100 Gpc. The diameter of the observable universe as linked by wikipedia is 28 billion pc. Billion is the SI prefix's giga-. After beating the level, the grey goo canonically implodes onto itself, dying & creating an other big bang. The Grey Goo is far more probable to be restricted in size in comparison & would be more likely to become part of the Katamari.

The Prince is resistant to the Katamari & the Katamari can pick up black holes with said black holes being unable to suck the entire Katamari into it's 0-D singularity. There's a strong chance that the grey goo may be unable to eat anything if gets rolled over. It may not eat the Prince, but I would like to see how the Prince's resistance to the Katamari works.

How the battle would likely go in character is that both opponents get close to each other & the grey goo tries to gain enough mass to eat the Prince & it's Katamari as it avoids the Katamari. The Grey Goo from there either implodes or possibly gets incapacitated by getting rolled over by the Katamari. From the possiblities of getting caught in the Katamari, or eats it more of it & either implodes, or consumes the Katamari. The possibility of it consuming the Prince & Katamari is low & may not be possible due to size restriction & the Prince's higher quality abilities.

I don't know how relevant the Prince's mind manipulation & his likeliness to do it in character. If the Grey Goo does have a mind, the Prince would be able to do it but I don't know what happens after he rolls up all of an entity's thoughts &/or dreams.

"Both 3-A, Grey Goo is from the first game and the Prince starts with a Katamari that is already as big as the universe."

I got interested in VS Battles a long time ago & I'm recently new. Is this old thread still open for debate? If yes, then I do have an idea of how this battle will turn out.

The Grey Goo & Katamari from what I've seen so far is similar in nature, they both can absorb things onto themselves given enough size. Both opponents are VS Battles' 3-A, meaning that they're at least the size of the observable universe/attack potency of creating/destroying the entire observable universe. Any higher finite quantity is 3-A by default. Being the size of the universe compared to the observable universe is debatable due to the ambiguous true size of the universe. However, The Katamari isn't too restricted in size since a 3-A universe is presumably finite & it's at least size of the observable universe. Considering that you can always create a higher finite quantity, there's also a chance that the Prince's Katamari may be larger than the original game Grey Goo. The Original Goo from the first game at the last level of story mode has a starting size of 21.9 Gpc & ends at 100 Gpc. The diameter of the observable universe as linked by wikipedia is 28 billion pc. Billion is the SI prefix's giga-. After beating the level, the grey goo canonically implodes onto itself, dying & creating an other big bang. The Grey Goo is far more probable to be restricted in size in comparison & would be more likely to become part of the Katamari.

The Prince is resistant to the Katamari & the Katamari can pick up black holes with said black holes being unable to suck the entire Katamari into it's 0-D singularity. There's a strong chance that the grey goo may be unable to eat anything if gets rolled over. It may not eat the Prince, but I would like to see how the Prince's resistance to the Katamari works.

How the battle would likely go in character is that both opponents get close to each other & the grey goo tries to gain enough mass to eat the Prince & it's Katamari as it avoids the Katamari. The Grey Goo from there either implodes or possibly gets incapacitated by getting rolled over by the Katamari. From the possiblities of getting caught in the Katamari, or eats it more of it & either implodes, or consumes the Katamari. The possibility of it consuming the Prince & Katamari is low & may not be possible due to size restriction & the Prince's higher quality abilities.

I don't know how relevant the Prince's mind manipulation & his likeliness to do it in character. If the Grey Goo does have a mind, the Prince would be able to do it but I don't know what happens after he rolls up all of an entity's thoughts &/or dreams.
Also, if the Katamari is 100 Gpc or higher, maybe a size higher than the grey goo would be able to consume, the goo may implode. Imagine the grey goo eating to become the size of 100 Gpc or a higher quantity than the observable universe's diameter & not being able to consume the entire universe due to it's higher size. It would implode inside of it. If it's 3-A is larger than the observable universe below it's mass threshold & if that translates into the Prince's Katamari being smaller than the goo, I think it would eat the Katamari, but the Prince may not get eaten by the goo if it's Katamari resistance translates into Grey Goo resistance.

The Prince to me has a higher chance of winning due to it's higher quality abilities giving it advantages in most scenarios, this fight leans towards Prince victory/Incon.

TL; DR I vote Prince

This thread is pretty dead and has been for a pretty long time and the profiles have probably changed since, but I'm still down to talk about the matchup or Katamari stuff if you're interested. I'm not active here, though, so if you got Discord, add me: Niarobi#0952.

Back