• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rover's durability, New Genos Key, Lifting strength of Dragon Levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to discuss the rating for Rover's durability. I've made the case about the emperor nova and Orochi countless times and it's never been outright rejected. I think at the bare minimum his durability should surpass Gouketsu's. This doesn't scale to anyone, as Saitama was the only person to ever hurt him. And even an amped Bang and Bomb using their ultimate technique on a weakened Rover didn't do much.

Genos should have a post G4 key. He has many new abilities from his EC upgrades and the demon armor upgrades like the arm blades, the homing lasers, and the jet drive arrow.

Speaking of which I think the Jet Drive Arrow itself could be 7-B. As It broke Elder Centipede's tooth and destroyed G5's core, which Atomic Samurai couldn't cut with his initial attacks. At the least I think a "likely far higher" rating is fair.

Last, I think all dragon level monsters should be class M, upscaling from Choze.

• Durability I do lean towards agreeing. However Saitama considered Rover a large dog, so him using lethal force may be iffy. Although by the same metric everyone freaked out from that punch but not the other large scale attacks. Personally I think he should scale to 7-A durability
  • Genos is hard to work with since he has all these new forms. Maybe instead of a new key we just list the major body changes as tabbers? So like BoS -> G4 -> Post-Goketsu -> MA Arc -> Current webcomic(?)
  • If the dragon is shown to be physically strong like Goketsu or Orochi I agree. People like Homeless Emperor and the Ninjas I don't see scaling though.

The 7-A for Rover seems too arbitrary to me. If the reasoning is that Orochi considered that punch a threat, but not Millenium Emperor Nova, then that attack is what Rover would scale to, scaling him to Gouketsu is just arbitrary.

It's also worth noting that after Saitama had already damaged one of Orochi's tentacles, Orochi still thought Rover could help in the fight, and was surprised Saitama could scare Rover.

Blahblah9755 said:
The 7-A for Rover seems too arbitrary to me. If the reasoning is that Orochi considered that punch a threat, but not Millenium Emperor Nova, then that attack is what Rover would scale to, scaling him to Gouketsu is just arbitrary.
Yeah those were two separate examples.

@Qawsed Homeless Emperor is always the exception to the rule, I thought it wasn't even worth mentioning. IDK about the Ninjas being excluded though.

What Qawsedf accepted seems fine to apply, but it is probably best to ask a few staff members listed in the One-Punch Ma verse page to comment here first.

Qawsedf234 said:
  • Genos is hard to work with since he has all these new forms. Maybe instead of a new key we just list the major body changes as tabbers? So like BoS -> G4 -> Post-Goketsu -> MA Arc -> Current webcomic(?)
I think we should do this though.

@Tetsu, I'm a bit confused, what were two separate examples?

I agree that the Jet Drive Arrow should at least get a "likely far higher" since that's what we did for G5's core durability.

What would the different tabbers do?

I agree with the lifting strength for physically strong Dragons, though I'm unsure why the ninjas wouldn't be included in that.

Antvasima said:
What Qawsedf accepted seems fine to apply, but it is probably best to ask a few staff members listed in the One-Punch Ma verse page to comment here first.
Is somebody willing to help out with this?

Tetsucabrah said:
Not necessarily to him, but above him. Since he survived a punch and Gouketsu couldn't.
I don't really see that holding up, since Saitama was treating him as a strong dog, and even talking about trying to find its owner.

If no other staff members respond here, I think that this can probably be applied, in lack of better options.

People always give different answers. Sometimes they say it's lifting, sometimes AP, sometimes resistance. I just want to know what we classify it as because the answers I get on this tend to be a little all over the place.

Does anyone scale to her lifting feat? Even Darkshine or Orochi?

She also wasn't anywhere near full power.

Upscaling lifting strength seems weird, since it's not something we treat as being based on AP. Gouketsu can get it, he casually pinned Suiryu and was above him in all aspects. All dragons is a massive stretch though.

Genos has a post-G4 key, but I think he should get a MA raid key. People were saying that Genos now being able to defeat dragons is wrong because webcomic Genos struggled with a high demon, but we don't have much context on that, and webcomic Genos never got the upgrades that manga Genos now has, so we can't compare the two. Destroying G5's core and being stated to take out a dragon level threat should be enough for 7-B. The Elder Centipede feat is a bit more iffy as he only broke one of his teeth.

I'm fine with Rover getting 7-A durability.

Garou resisting Pyskos' TK is just that; a resistance feat. You can't really resist TK with just lifting strength anyway, since without leverage the TK user would only have to affect the mass of your body, not overcome your lifting strength. Orochi getting Class G makes sense I suppose, since Psykos was confident that Orochi could beat Tatsumaki even after she casually overpowered Psykos' own class G telekinesis.

I held off on upgrading Nyan since he uses his ability to avoid heavy lifting, and the Ninjas because Qawsed was hesitant on that one. Homeless Emperor is a regular human physically so he doesn't get the rating. ENW doesn't really lift things so it didn't get it either.

Given GyroNutz's analysis, do any edits need to be reverted?

I still heavily agree with 7-A for Rover's durability. Saitama was talking to it like a normal dog, and talked about finding its owner, so he was most likely intending for Rover to survive. And when fighting Orochi, Saitama all but says that he didn't see the enemies he had met so far as monsters and that he was holding back more than normal. (We've also seen Saitama one shot things like the bullets from Boros' ship with seemingly equally casual hits, so saying they're 7-A from Gouketsu is pretty arbitrary, but that's less important).

There's actually more reason for his durability to be 6C if anything:

The punch that injured Rover was enough to make Orochi consider him a threat to the MA, while the island level Millenium Emperor Nova wasn't enough to draw his attention.

Orochi also expected Rover to be able to help in the fight against Saitama, after Saitama had already tanked an attack from and damaged one of his tentacles.

Orochi also appeared to be intimidated, then was excited that Saitama could hold back against someone like Rover.

That being said, Saitama apparently wasn't even using a "normal punch" on Rover, so it might not work (though considering normal punches are what he used to destroy the bullet from Boris' ship and kill Orochi, something less than a normal punch would still be pretty high tier).

You can be physically weaker than someone and have lower lifting strength than them by this site's standards.

Lifting strength is a measure of their physical strength, even more than AP is. If they're treated as physically stronger then the lifting strength should scale.

Lifting is a separate motion to physical attacks. We acknowledge that the dragons are physically stronger than Choze by giving them greater Striking Strength.

Don't a lot of One Piece characters scale to each other's lifting strength? Even ones that aren't really shown to do much heavy lifting?

Also same for Naruto.

Like seriously don't a vast majority of the Naruto characters scale to class G via powerscaling from Giant Choji and Jirobo? That feels like way more of a stretch than what I'm proposing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back