• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rover's durability, New Genos Key, Lifting strength of Dragon Levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think for Naruto they scale because of chakra amps. Since its a universal power system, anyone stronger than Jirobo should scale. At least that's the current system in place.

For One Piece I imagine it's either grappling chain scaling or vague upscaling. If it's the former then it's not a good comparison. Since OP features better direct power scaling since the MC isn't lightyears beyond everyone els. Of it's the latter then OPM scan have a similar system.

Qawsedf234 said:
.For One Piece I imagine it's either grappling chain scaling or vague upscaling. If it's the former then it's not a good comparison. Since OP features better direct power scaling since the MC isn't lightyears beyond everyone els. Of it's the latter then OPM scan have a similar system.
What does the MC being lightyears above everyone have to do with this thread? Saitama is not related to any the things I listed.

I guess the better term is lack of universal or wide spread strength scaling. Unlike other series it's not unheard of in OPM for people to have zero scaling chains to one another.

The way Lifting Strength is treated in this verse is absolutely bonkers, we had Darkshine himself at Class K despite all logic telling us that he should be physically stronger than Choze, not to mention that his Class K feat was pretty casual.

Qawsedf234 said:
I guess the better term is lack of universal or wide spread strength scaling. Unlike other series it's not unheard of in OPM for people to have zero scaling chains to one another.
But we have the Disaster levels, and I find it funny how is completely fine to scale everyone's AP, but the Lifting Strength is suddenly wrong, even when this one is actually more consistent.

Of course, this should scale to characters who strictly use their physical strength. If they can punch harder than Choze, then there's no reason to assume they can't lift as much as Choze.

Therefir is probably correct, but I am not the best person to ask.

Just wait until Genos fights Fuhrer Ugly, a dragon level threat when it comes out in the manga, he draws blood from him with just a simple kick, which should definitely put him at city level.

Antvasima said:
So what should we do here?
Most people seem to accept the Rover thing so that can probably just be added.

I don't know the consensus on Genos but I think more people are in favor of the lifting upgrade? At least for Dragon levels that are purely strength oriented.

I would appreciate input from the staff members here.

No one's responded to the points I made about Rover's durability, and no one has given any reasoning why 7-A is better than any other value.

You said it yourself; Saitama explicitly punched Rover with less force than when he punched Orochi. The other statements are enough to imply that he's the top cadre defensively (since not even Gouketsu stands a chance against Orochi). Though if he knows Rover is a massive stone wall, I'm not sure what he was expecting it to do vs Saitama.

The millenium emperor nova was shot out of the MA base, whereas Saitama's punch's shockwaves would have affected the whole base.

Antvasima said:
So what should we do here?
It seems like as if things are still getting discussed so for now there shouldn't be anything to do.

Unless you're talking about a "Boros (Anime)" page I'd highly recommend not doing that, simply because it's been done to death in the past.

Update on Rover getting 7-A durability? As I agree with the cases made for it.

Guess a list

7-A Rover

• Against: Seemingly none
Its fine to apply. Lifting strength in terms of mod approval is 2 for and 1 against. Personally I think we should limit it to certain dragons rather than all of them. Although the ones that don't scale imo are the ones who are obvious, like HE, ENW, or Psykos.

I think the only ones that arguably don't scale aside from those 3 are the ninjas and Nyan (who avoids heavy lifting with his ability)

Also Genos's class K rating doesn't belong to his G4 key, it goes to the Elder Centipede upgrades.

So with that in mind I think there should be an additional key.

I know this gets said a lot and most people are probably tired of it. But its probably better that we wait until he gets a better showing first and just add a MA arc key with a 7-B rating and the Class K lifting strength stuff.

That or just note that the Class K stuff is just in a later body but still isn't ultra-superior to the G4 body.

Bang and Bomb I can see, Metal Bat I don't since he barely moved EC's head.

Yeah true, Metal Bat just pushed his head into a building iirc. Bang and Bomb sent a third of his body flying back.

Can somebody provide an easy to understand summary of the arguments?

Anything that is currently left unresolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back