• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RP Thread | Black Rose

I nod.

"The kidnapper knows what you look like now, so we'd need a different girl to play the part. But before that, we should exchange names since we're going to be working together. I'm Adam."
“Oh that won’t be a problem, trust me. I’m quite good with disguises. I’d rather not be held accountable for any chaos that happens here though, so I’d rather not give my name unless I know you can be trusted too.”

“Id rather not exchanges names either, but I will work with you lot if not just to end this experience faster” Reznov says with a hint of irritation in his voice.

Zack begins to have a dream in the night. He finds himself within a spiral stair case, leading up and down.
"Strange... I don't remember... how I got here... but there's gotta be an exit somewhere... right?!?"

Zack nervously reassures himself while making his way down the stairs.

"Who knows, they might be brave enough to try for the same target twice. In any case, my name is of little consequence. There are as many names are there are leaves swaying in the wind."

She answered.

"So, you all wish to try again then? Now that will make for an interesting show."

"Strange... I don't remember... how I got here... but there's gotta be an exit somewhere... right?!?"

Zack nervously reassures himself while making his way down the stairs.
As Zack makes his way down the stairs he says many empty rooms and hallways, designed minimalistically. It's all painted black. As he continues onwards... The smell of smoke is in the air. As if something is burning. Laughs can suddenly be heard in the background, followed by rushed footsteps. The man in the plague doctor mask is now chasing Zack further down. As the doctor runs after him, music can be heard throughout the empty halls and rooms...

Last edited:
As Zack makes his way down the stairs he says many empty rooms and hallways, designed minimalistically. It's all painted black. As he continues onwards... The smell of smoke is in the air. As if something is burning. Laughs can suddenly be heard in the background, followed by rushed footsteps. The man in the plague doctor mask is now chasing Zack further down. As the doctor runs after him, music can be heard throughout the empty halls and rooms...
"T-t-this is some kinda of nightmare... r-right...? b-but I can't stick around... I've gotta get out of this nonsense... quickly!"

Zack hastily runs as fast as his legs can carry him into the opposite direction of his pursuer; the smell of burning irritating his nostrils, the cries of laugher hurting his hears and the sight of total blackness obscuring his vision...

(great choice of music btw reminds me Twin Peaks tbh)

"T-t-this is some kinda of nightmare... r-right...? b-but I can't stick around... I've gotta get out of this nonsense... quickly!"

Zack hastily runs as fast his legs can carry him into the opposite direction of his pursuer; the smell of burning irritating his nostrils, the cries of laugher hurting his hears and the sight of total blackness obscuring his vision...

(great choice of music btw reminds me Twin Peaks tbh)
(Ye)

He continues running and running, into the downward spiral... The man is nowhere. The scent of ash and smoke is gone, as he suddenly finds himself in another space, completely different from where he just was. The room is circular, and intricately designed. A helix pattern runs over the floor... A woman sits in a black leather chair. Besides her is a statue if a lion with seven faces, and a serpent for a tail. She has red hair, and wears a deep green dress. A mask obscures her face, a white mask with the face of a woman and a downward pointing triangle painted onto it. The music is different this time...

The woman looks to Zack from where she sits, crossing her legs and holding a wine glass full of red water in her left hand. She stares at him for a few seconds, before extending her left hand forward and beginning to pour the red waters out of the glass, spilling it onto the floor. The sounds of a baby crying can suddenly be heard. As the liquids pour out, the woman speaks out in a voice that sounds both gentle and violent at the same time. "It's memories..."

depositphotos_82903438-stock-illustration-gray-helix-seamless-pattern.jpg

"M-memories?"

Zack mutters in an exhausted tone

"I don't want to remember... the pain... the violence... the loss..."

"I dunno if this is a nightmare, an illusion or if I've finally gone insane but I cannot let this guilt consume me... even if its all my fault..."

Zack remarks is a weary and tired tone.

I only got a single name...well, you can't blame people for being suspicious in these dangerous times...

I nod.

"Alright then, we should find a different spot and you can work your magic."

I gesture to the one confident in their ability to disguise themselves.

I only got a single name...well, you can't blame people for being suspicious in these dangerous times...

I nod.

"Alright then, we should find a different spot and you can work your magic."

I gesture to the one confident in their ability to disguise themselves.
“Very well.”

Menas moves on to find a new spot, and beckons the others to follow

"M-memories?"

Zack mutters in an exhausted tone

"I don't want to remember... the pain... the violence... the loss..."

"I dunno if this is a nightmare, an illusion or if I've finally gone insane but I cannot let this guilt consume me... even if its all my fault..."

Zack remarks is a weary and tired tone.
The woman stops pouring out the liquids, and the sounds of crying stop. There are no liquids on the floor. The woman places the glass down and puts her left hand over her mask. "...Your heart, or your head?..." She begins to pull her mask off, her skin turning black as she does so. Suddenly the woman has four arms instead of two... The mask is off, but a shadow keeps Zack from seeing her face.

The woman stops pouring out the liquids, and the sounds of crying stop. There are no liquids on the floor. The woman places the glass down and puts her left hand over her mask. "...Your heart, or your head?..." She begins to pull her mask off, her skin turning black as she does so. Suddenly the woman has four arms instead of two... The mask is off, but a shadow keeps Zack from seeing her face.
Zack steps back at the terrifying sight before him but he knows he cannot run away, the piercing silence cuts through Zack's sub-conscious beckoning him to speak, he reluctantly opens his mouth and in a hushed tone...

"In my heart I know I've failed you Tina but in my head I've accepted I can't change the past but as long as I breathe I will never truly forget. When I find my way in this hellish world, you shall be avenged dear sister and that is what is truly in my heart"

Zack steps back at the terrifying sight before him but he knows he cannot run away, the piercing silence cuts through Zack's sub-conscious beckoning him to speak, he reluctantly opens his mouth and in a hushed tone...

"In my heart I know I've failed you Tina but in my head I've accepted I can't change the past but as long as I breathe I will never truly forget. When I find my way in this hellish world, you shall be avenged dear sister and that is what is truly in my heart"
"..." The figure puts her mask back on, her skin returns to it's pale color, and the extra arms fade. She raises her left hand, open palm and fingers rigid, a gesture as if to say "Stop." As she does this, black fires suddenly erupt within the room, completely consuming everything within it, making everything go black... As the fires begin to enclose on Zack, he wakes up from the dream.

Frank travels in pieces to the location of the explosion, attempting to find the location and subsequently stalk the sources.

"Gasp.. ugh"

Zack rises from his bed, drenched in a cold sweat while short on breath.

"So it was just a weird dream after all but still..."

After catching his breath, Zack quickly gets up and opens up his trusty backpack, he gazes at the old family photo once more. There are three kids (two boys and one girl) smiling while play fighting with each other behind them watching is a looming muscular figure whose face has long since been scratched out.

A single tear falls from Zack's cheek onto the photo and with an almighty yell from his mouth...

"GOD DAMN YOU, SENSEI!"

(I don’t think you know they’re a shapeshifter yet, or that his main form is male, since they’re currently in female form, though you can correct me if I’m wrong
(I mean, it was a way of expressing, You already mentioned that you're good with costumes, a play on words, not necessarily that I know you have that power.)

Maybe try to come across as weak or lonely? But that might be suspicious in of its own since the kidnapper was already caught in the act by someone they thought they could take.

"I can't really think of any suggestions, sorry."

(Nvm I just realized in real time my OCs dream could've been just a few minutes long plus the world is always in darkness either way let's continue with the RP, I'll delete my previous post).

After that bizarre dream and letting off some built up steam, Zack decides he no longer desires rest so he puts on his clothes, grabs his backpack and leaps out of the window on to the city streets.

"Maybe a cool walk through the night might calm my nerves?"

Reznov remains quite behind the others watching as one if the women changes her shape/appearance “Hmm, that could be a dangerous power... ill have to be wary” He thinks to himself.

Rose nodded, and turned to shadow once more, entering Adam's shadow and seemingly merging into it.

"I certainly hope you do not mind."

She said, a voice that seemed to come from every direction at once speaking.

Zack walks around the cold, dark streets of Kundari. He seldom sees anyone else around yet it doesn't really bother him, the vivid imagery he saw in his sleep constantly plagues his mind.

("There was more to that dream, than just suppressed memories")

He then remembers his dream ended in black flames, the same type he saw rising nearby before he went to bed.

("Perhaps if I follow the black flames, I may find some answers?")

Zack thinks to himself as he makes his way to the location of the explosion.

I quirk my eyebrow at the woman entering my shadow but shake my head.

"It's fine."

Then I turn to the disguised ally.

"Yeah, that would be appreciated."

“If we are to fight him then knowing his abilities would be helpful” Reznov answers in a fairly monotone voice.

I quirk my eyebrow at the woman entering my shadow but shake my head.

"It's fine."

Then I turn to the disguised ally.

"Yeah, that would be appreciated."
“He seemed to have the ability to induce powerful mental attacks if you look too closely at him. He also seemed to just ignore my blows, like they went right through him.”

"He did seem to try to avoid my own attacks however, so even if the physical fails, the immaterial does still threaten them.

Rose pointed out from the shadow.

Zack walks around the cold, dark streets of Kundari. He seldom sees anyone else around yet it doesn't really bother him, the vivid imagery he saw in his sleep constantly plagues his mind.

("There was more to that dream, than just suppressed memories")

He then remembers his dream ended in black flames, the same type he saw rising nearby before he went to bed.

("Perhaps if I follow the black flames, I may find some answers?")

Zack thinks to himself as he makes his way to the location of the explosion.
Zack would likely come across Rose and the others

Back