• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Report - VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also Dragon, there is also Cater546WAT, the maker of the thread. He put the n-word in the caption under God in the thread itself. Unless you've already warned him too.

Problem or not, we need to be more open as a community. Just because someone is being ill mannered or troublesome doesn't automatically mean we have to give them the ban hammer. I think a simple warning isn't enough. I've even gotten complaints that our warnings are somtimes just "Hello, never do such and such again, thank you". Sometimes we just need to sit down and talk to these people and maybe we can come to an understanding. If not, the we consider other options.

Sera's right about that. While there are people who are very aggravating, we need to be more open about teaching people to follow our standards, and politely, so they don't form a grudge and we're back to square one. Also, like Sera said, if they continue being a problem, then drop the ban hammer.

One of them had the same avi as MC Bilador and the faceless one was Luís Rola Doida. I've notified the VSTF. They need to be globally blocked.

Update: I have notified TyA, a VSTF Councilor. Considering MC Bilador was already ip blocked, this may be a case of them using another IP address.

@SD I understand but we cannot ignore that we are letting our strict rules and busy schedules make us grumpy and not willing to at least work with others and help them to understand our policies. The world isn't black and white.

Regrettably, if we are not very strict with vandals, spammers, trolls, and insulting disrespectful argumentative unreasonable individuals, our workloads will increase considerably, and I am overtaxed enough as it is.

The reason for why this wiki has been possible to grow and organise at all, despite the extremely rowdy nature of battleboard communities, is largely because I and CrossverseCrisis have kept these elements in check. If we loosen our standards, we would likely descend into chaos, due to encouraging more of the same.

We will have to try to evaluate if people seem possible to quickly reason with, and become constructive contributors, rather than detriments to our community, or drains for our limited resources, on a case-by-case basis.

Agreed. As grey as it can be, we do have to draw lines in every case.

Also, we don't always have to consult and ask each other, but when it's less than obvious, it is our jobs (to my understanding) that we try our best to see who is and isn't a deliberate rule breaker, and who genuinely can't learn how to behave even if they have well intentions. This especially with kids or people who follow their own definition of canon.

A person making a poor quality account isn't an enemy, but telling us over and over that we're wrong and that they're in the right from the start can lead us to a point where bad things can escalate against us. We do not have time for that, and should avoid posting about it outside of the necessary areas.

Exactly as Ant. Though while we shouldn't exactly be very strict, we have to be and do so or else this place would be no worse than all of the other battle/indexing sites/wikias out there. Everyone would have been pretty laxed and lenient if i hadn't joined as staff two years ago.

However, i am willing to give certain users here and there a chance if we are able to reason with them on they should preferably not do. Hop has a point in that when someone is here, they aren't automatically an enemy or so to us unless they start doing things as he said like repeatedly telling us that we're wrong and they're right or whatever they may say and/or do.

So there is even a line to where we can be strict or take a chance/risk and see how things go with any and all users. If they are good around here, they can stay. If not as Hop said (and if especially if this is one who has done multiple violations and offenses within this wikia at a time), no they are not safe and they will be shown the door off and out of this place for a while so, likely/possibly the extent of permanentcy depending how bad they were.

I ended up having to contact the Fandom Staff about those spammers being identical to the last ones, since they were indeed using a different IP address to circumvent a global block. This should take care of that.

Okay. Thank you for the help.

Do any of you know who Mega man star1 is? They came into chat and started pm-ing me random questions, not that I mind, I encourage people to come talk to me of they need someone to talk to. But, I found this profile with nearly the same name. I'm not accusing this person of being a sock, but considering their (possible) first account was globally disabled by Fandom, I just want to be sure this person isn't a sockpuppet to play it safe.

I do not know anything about either of the accounts. Sorry.

I think that he should probably be banned.

Yes. You do not need my permission for that.

So little TrollJimu here came to this thread, and ill just list some of the highlights

• Questioned how we handle fights and the tiering system, derailing the thread in the process.
  • Badmouthed everyone on the site, "...if people on this site were old enough..."
My favorite here,

• Wanked the hell out off Yukari.
Now I dont like to discriminate but the fact that this dude has the word "Troll" in his user name seems to help prove he is just that.

His name says it all. Most likely a troll, or makes a habit out of trolling. People in chat have complained about that person.

I agree entirely. I can make a list out of the threads where he keeps doing that: Death vs Hades, Cronus vs Chara were some of the worst but there are others and even now he keeps doing it non-stop.

In favor of this.

By my experience, Hatted Cat knows a lot about comics. He is entitled to have an opinion.

Well, he did not exactly say that, but that is a discussion for another place.

Excuse me, this may be a silly question but we go by the notion of "rules are rules" right? Meaning it doesn't matter whether you like them or not, as a staff member your job is to uphold them? Because the complaints I've been receiving about offensive avatars had slightly increased, but at the same time, when I tried to kindly ask the person with said offensive avi to change it, another chat mod told me to drop it as they personally "don't care" if someone has such an avi. I mean, if it is indeed a rule, it should be upheld regardless if you personally care for it or not...right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back