• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want this thread to derail again, but it's best you simply ignore them; if they can't do any damage to this wiki and they have to resort to the most superficial - albeit, optionally harmful - methods, then there's no need to pay attention to them. They ran out of other options to pull out and they have to resort to name-calling or whatever "XD offensive" images they can pull out that you don't even need to pay attention to.

Your best bet is to simply just shrug them off, they're just 15 year olds in greaser jackets calling us tubby on the other side of the road albeit not actually capable of physically harming you. I don't like them either, but if they keep trying to "press on" in methods wherein they don't even directly harm us, then you can easily counter them by not giving them any attention.

I just report them to FANDOM and close the posts when that happens, but I don't want it to get to the point where they actually start posting child ****, which is illegal.

Best to drop this discussion. Close/Report whatever you see to FANDOM and/or authorities if it is Illegal, then go on with whatever you were doing. These people want attention, so only let them get attention from people who can actually make them be held accountable for their actions, and don't let their actions get to you in the slightest.

Biker's had that same image for the entire time it's been a page, what do you mean?

Ahh I see, you mean they actually overwrote the file biker.png?

I can easily revert it to the old version, do you want me to do that and you can ask them on their wall to choose a new name for their image?

Do those two things... and to tell the person to not do that again

Edit: Hmm... Agnaa. You forgot to rename the file the dude uploaded on the other profile... now Biker from HM is in two pages

Done, but it doesn't seem malicious, just like you two both used extremely generic filenames.

I agree with Agnaa that this was just a case of generic filenames.

I uploaded the Free Rider image with another filename.

Are there any rules against editing scans to try and prove a point to support downgrades? Cuz I'm pretty sure I just caught somebody editting the context and order of pannels. I wanna give him a chance to explain himself, but that's rather low on Fire's part

That seems like a really stupid thing to do, seeing as anyone with knowledge on a verse (or enough common sense and internet savvy to find the real scans themselves) can easily fact-check something like that and out you for being a bullshit artist.

Was this on an upgrade/downgrade thread? Or was this just something that happened during a debate?

Yeah, that should be a bannable offense.

Intentionally distorting facts in order to downgrade a character and/or their verse like that blatantly undermines the wiki's goal. It's the equivalent of perjury as far as this place is concerned. It's also a really spiteful thing to do.

I don't know how long the duration should be, but I'm definitely in favor of banning him.

Also, guys, let's drop this discussion for now so that admins can look over the situation.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
Are there any rules against editing scans to try and prove a point to support downgrades? Cuz I'm pretty sure I just caught somebody editting the context and order of pannels. I wanna give him a chance to explain himself, but that's rather low on Fire's part
Do you mean fire editing this sca to look like this? Maybe I just have an untrained eye, but it looks like all he did was user a different fansub, and move the bottom to the left (which I'd say looks better when wanting to post that one panel).

But overall I can't see anything misleading about that edit. Since manga's read top to bottom, right to left, the dialogue's read in the same order in both cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back