• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violation Reports - 47

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did absolutely nothing but post that I was neutral in the whole DMC Tier 3 revisions debacle and that I'd simply watch where it goes.

Regardless, you can do the honors, Matt.

This isn't the first time he's inappropriately joked in a serious situation.

However, banning him, as Matt just did, is probably going a wee bit too far.

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
'Yes you ******* can. We work tier based off of size all the ******* time, and this is no different. Someone dwarfs mountains? perfectly viable tier justification. So why would a mountain being the size of a large mountain not be a viable way to justify a tier.'We aren't calculating anything, so why do we need a calc group members approval?
What the **** would we be calculating? Lol. They are not needed, especially when the feats are not something that can be properly calculated. Have you not worked with non-visual works before?

That's pretty hostile and aggressive to me.
How you perceive my words is your own business, but do not push your interpretation of my intent onto me. Ask most of the users who know me on here, and they will tell you that i have a tenancy to mix rational arguments, intellectualism, sarcasm, large amounts of profanity, and memes. My choice to swear does not mean I am cussing you out in any way, nor am I aggressive as a result of it.

Crabwhale said:
This isn't the first time he's inappropriately joked in a serious situation.
However, banning him, as Matt just did, is probably going a wee bit too far.
He was banned before. Infinitely, in fact. Only got debanned because he pulled the classic "I'm sorry please forgive me" thing off-site.

@ Iapitus

Dude, you are acting a bit needlessly aggressive. Could be exasperation, sure, but you that still doesn't truly excuse the fact that you're using a tone which is a bit inappropriate.

Nonetheless, I don't think this should have actually been brought up in here. This is a minor little thing that could've been easily solved by the respective parties going to each-other's message walls and explaining themselves.

Matthew Schroeder said:
He was banned before. Infinitely, in fact. Only got debanned because he pulled the classic "I'm sorry please forgive me" thing off-site.
Oh then excuse me, I wasn't aware.

Crabwhale said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Oh then excuse me, I wasn't aware.
I'm sure Matth is talking about another one, not Lapitus about being banned but I can be wrong.

Crabwhale said:
@ Iapitus
Dude, you are acting a bit needlessly aggressive. Could be exasperation, sure, but you that still doesn't truly excuse the fact that you're using a tone which is a bit inappropriate.
I would only call it inappropriate because I was not taking a formal tone. I was speaking with a casual air, which happened to involve profanity

Zaratthustra said:
I'm sure Matth is talking about another one, not Lapitus about being banned but I can be wrong.
Uh...yes, that's who I'm talking about. Check my previous posts.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
I would only call it inappropriate because I was not taking a formal tone. I was speaking with a casual air, which happened to involve profanity
The way it's written could easily be interpreted as needlessly aggressive.

@Zark

Eh you mixing it, the guy who to get banned is "this username was taken". Ia i just get reported, that's all, but in the end the report is not that worthy, more like misunderstood situation.

Iapitus The Impaler said:
@Crab
At best I was just being a bit sarcastic, but not aggressive
I said a little bit aggressive. And I said "interpreted".

Again, this really seems like more an issue for the message wall than thread. Let's just stop now before we needlessly clog it up.

Iapitus does not seem to have done anything particularly wrong here. It is better to sort it out between you personally.

Matthew seems to have been in the right though, given that the member had been infinitely banned previously and was deliberately stirring up trouble now as well.

He is a new user. I cant tell if he is trying to create some kind of profile or putting it as a content revision to mislead someone looking at the recent activity. Probably might best to warn him for the time being and ask what his intentions were.

Edit: Oh wait, there is another page on that character. Best to tell him how ctr work then.

Inserting unmotivated ratings into profiles on the basis of personal bias will likely result in a block.

If you notice another user inserting blatantly false ratings, please inform the administrators about the incident, via the rule-violation report thread linked to in the front page, and about the member responsible for the aforementioned incorrect edits.

-Editing Rules

High 1-A, on top of not even existing as a tier anymore, is completely unreasonable as a rating for what's being "proposed" (assuming it was truly meant to be a CRT). I'm not suggesting a ban, but not a polite warning either.

I deleted the profile. Can some other staff member handle the warning?

Yes, but the staff should preferably help out with handling it.

Dziga said:
^ Imagine being this butthurt over some fiction characters discussion on the internet.
Why are you spamming? I'd like to report both of these people. Dziga for posting unrelated content, and Hst for posting a personal vendetta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back