• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you realise that most sites would ban him for comments like that? He said it because he thought that no one would know that he made it. Well guess what, he was found out.

When he talks to Sera, and whoever DDM is, that's what's going on through his head. He has no respect for the people that mod/admin this site.

He makes terrible 'jokes' on top of that.

I say ban him. It's obvious that a warning won't get through his head.

Guess how many of those sites he's said it on? He said it there because he wouldn't be allowed to say elsewhere. And still its offsite and not affecting anything here as he has stopped the behavior here.

I'm only interested in fairness. Whatever happens here, I hope it holds to the standard, not case-by-case basis. Because Bans are serious and they effect everyone.

BlueDash and them also started off just venting. It eventually became the massive problem that we had to deal with last year.
Venting is not an excuse for personal attacks.

I don't think it's appropriate to bring that up in such a way.
These situations aren't comparable as it stands. While I understand that there may be some concern regarding "Y could end up like X, because X started like Y.", or something along those lines, they're still separate. Creating this sort of… "Association", I guess, may end get in the way of someone objectively judging what is happening here for what it is. With all due respect, of course, I'm not implying that is your intention.

I agree with Venom. That's the most sensible solution. It's obvious Corgi, Shadow, and them don't like Cal, Matt, and Medeus, and they don't like the Sonic supporters back. And poor Sera got dragged into the crossfire when she clearly didn't want to. It's best if all y'all do the right thing and leave each other alone, rather than insult people off-site or make weak RV reports to get people banned. Props to that man Ven from coming at the situation like an adult, seriously.

Yeah, but we should let Medeus and Corgi reply here first. The former is still at work according to Sera and the latter said he was real busy but was gonna reply later.

NostalgiaTrip said:
Do you realise that most sites would ban him for comments like that? He said it because he thought that no one would know that he made it. Well guess what, he was found out.
When he talks to Sera, and whoever DDM is, that's what's going on through his head. He has no respect for the people that mod/admin this site.

He makes terrible 'jokes' on top of that.

I say ban him. It's obvious that a warning won't get through his head.
The reason why other sites that is not Discord would ban me is because of how restrictive they are and how little they care about C O N T E X T. Like for example: Twitter will ban you for saying the F-word in positive light if you're in love with the same sex. They did it to SonicFox and he's actually gay. Discord on the other hand is less restrictive as the only rules you need to follow are those in different servers created by individual people and they're (suppose to be) private. Hence why I'm free to do whatever I please on Discord ESPECIALLY if it's on my own server.

Also my jokes are funny. You just have a different taste.

Regarding Void: I would agree just those actions aren't bannable. But Violet hasn't gotten any better. Multiple warnings and RVT events later and he is still doing the same things with the same group of people, generally with the intent to tilt someone.

In a discussion with Agnaa over this issue some time ago, insults/hate speech offsite should be a genuine offense (in my own opinion). The words themselves don't possess power, the ideas behind them do. If you jokingly cuss out another user as a back and forth, sure, whatever, if you're friends I don't care. But to repeatedly and consistently use social media platforms to insult the users on the site and spread hatred and nothing else, then I am of the opinion that you just shouldn't be here.

Play nice or don't play at all, your views don't come into the equation as long as they aren't harmful. We can't just pretend off-site stuff doesn't have a tangible impact here on main site when we clearly keep coming back to this subject.

Finally, I'd like to note that constructive criticism not only isn't outright insults, it's helpful. People are free to critically view VS Battles. But just blindly insulting individual users is just wrong. There's no defense for it.

This is solely my idea for a policy off-site. Just because a person keeps their shit-slinging to media off the main site doesn't mean that it won't reach back here and continue to cause problems.

Mr. Bambu said:
Regarding Void: I would agree just those actions aren't bannable. But Violet hasn't gotten any better. Multiple warnings and RVT events later and he is still doing the same things with the same group of people, generally with the intent to tilt someone.
Actually, I have gotten better. By better I mean not as active as I use to and nerfed my attitude down a bit. I'm more active on Discord than I am on here. And the stuff DDM is advocating me for a ban? Yeah all of that stuff plus the stuff Sera has with Ashen happened over a month ago. And is now only being brought up when I haven't been like that ever since.

Being here less isn't indicative of being better. My Post's greater purpose was to push for rules regarding off site hatred.

Alright, I am back from work, and about to make a long post. Yes, it was rushed and I was in a hurry because I was late for work. But I was doing it out of a request from Sera. I know since she's here I didn't share her name, but yes, there is far more evidence and Corgi is not the only one. There are about eleven Sonic fans out there who have been permaban worthy things. And Sera already probably leaked a little too much information to the point of no return. I really wanted to wait till we had all the needed information and do what Kepekley did with the previous Discord group. However, the information I have still has seven of them exposed. And this includes 76 images uploaded on Imgur.

But yes, I will right a long post. It might be controversial and it may even sound "preachy". But if "Political drama" isn't something rule worthy, then using a combination of religious documents and scientific articles in my post to prove the meaning of my words is justified. But with emphasis that it's the in depth information rather than the source that's important. I will be writing a long post that might be at least 10 paragraphs long explaining the situation and why it's truly serious. I guess you could say, I will post an entire Bible. Quite literally.

But yes, it isn't just using slurs, but they legit used slurs and deliberately bigoted against people with Autism, among other things. And they've been doing more than just attack the wiki, but rather other websites and other vs debating communities in general. And it even goes beyond using slurs, I will explain exactly what I mean in my next post. As a side note, I'm glad Sera, Venom, and Bambu are helping the situation.

Before I acknowledge DDM'S "Bible of Wisdom", I just wanna point out something. If y'all ban me for petty insults (not doxing or plotting to destroy the wiki like what other people did) off site on Discord? Nothing will change and I won't learn a lesson because there's no lesson to learn. I'm literally a harmless fellow. Just because I throw insults off site doesn't mean I'm that equal of a murderer or a criminal. Like this stuff is objectively pointless and shouldn't have started this uproar with me and my "toxicity" for the third time in a row. I'm getting sick of it as much, if not more than, as everyone else here. So let's just move on from this month old stuff and let's continue to do our vs debating.

Thank you.

It isn't about petty insults. It's about the inability to stop being insulting towards everybody. If you claim you won't change then from a purely utilitarian point of view it is more beneficial to ban you. Clearly your actions are disruptive and ultimately counter intuitive towards our goal of maintaining a peaceful community.

Your argument adds up to suggesting we just ignore you because we should. But the fact is this has happened multiple times now, with no change and direct confirmation that you won't change.

If I want to insult people off-site like everyone else, I can do that. Hence we made these Discord servers in the first place: to become ourselves and not to be restricted and watched 24/7 like some prison inmates. I won't change as far as outside of fandom goes. In fandom? Yeah I can change and I have. The actions of myself shouldn't be that distracting as I'm not trying to start fights with anyone on these threads here. It's like working at a job here. While outside of it is my own business that nobody should take any part of. It's my first amendment right.

Multiple times, yet the only evidence y'all have dates a month or more old.

You can, that's called freedom of speech. With that freedom comes the freedom to accept the consequences. The consequences of being hateful towards other members with no remorse should be a ban.

Once again, we have no statute of limitations here on VSBW, and a month wouldn't be top long even if we did have one.

So, for the record, I obviously support a ban. There's simply no valid defense other than it not being out business- which is flawed at best, considering that it should be our business, if we (those on the wiki) are the ones being shamelessly insulted behind closed doors.

It should be the one who is the victim of the insult's business but at the end of the day, it's a insult made off site and one that you have to actively look for to feel offended by it. Insults off site shouldn't determine an on site ban, no matter what because at the end of the day that's what they are, just insults. (Yeah, I know this argument has been overplayed but it's valid here)

Sure let's make on site insults a bannable offense but leave it on site insults. Off site bans should only be given when serious stuff is involved that affects the on site wiki and it's structure. If this person did any of that, then I accept them being banned.

I've already established why that point of view is invalid. Like I said before, if all you can contribute is insults, then you don't need to be here.

Is a large portion of Corgi's recent on site contributions insults? If not, then he shouldn't get banned, even if he's toxic on discord.

Keep in mind that borderline cyberbullying, sexual harassment, death threats, and especially encouraging people to commit suicide (Especially this one). All of that stuff is ban worthy regardless of platform. And yes, this stuff is what me and Sera meant by off site crimes that I'm writing about right now.

Mr. Bambu said:
I've already established why that point of view is invalid. Like I said before, if all you can contribute is insults, then you don't need to be here.
It's absolutely true. Sonic in this wiki is choked by an echo-chamber of people that just support each other in every upgrade imaginable and nobody does anything because the walls are impenetrable to outsiders.

It's true for most verses actually.

And if you complain? Boo Hoo you're just a hater / opponent get of my lawn and let me wank with my friends who like the series!

I keep bringing this up for fairness. This whole thing started when Sonic fans wanted to bring Sonic to 2-B. Then Matt came in and only contributed insults and left a broken 2-B thread.

He gets a slap on the wrist. And that happened on site.

Mr. Bambu said:
Then wouldn't I have been banned as soon as I came here? I mean have y'all just immediately forgot how useful I am here?

Rin The Dragon Empress said:
If the above is true then proper action should be taken. Encouraging suicide is definitely ban worthy and that's downplaying the situation entirely.
If that's the case, yes

Dienomite22 said:
Is a large portion of Corgi's recent on site contributions insults? If not, then he shouldn't get banned, even if he's toxic on discord.
A large portion of what he says impacts the site by reaching here. If someone says "oof bambu that daft bastard **** him" and it doesn't make it here, fine. If it makes it here and I don't care then I wouldn't push for a warning.

But Corgis hatred does make it to the site, so it should be punishable.

@Elixir I agree, staff shpuld be held to the same standards. But ultimately that's in the hands of HR. Not me.

@Mr. Bambu

No, that seems like a terrible way to think about this situation. It sounds like any type of insult some user makes off site about a user on site can get someone banned which is bad.

Unless that off site hatred leads to a use making an on site insult directed at a another user, then the one who made the insult should get banned, otherwise It shouldn't be mentioned as an bannable offense on site.

It seems like it to you, maybe. I'd compare it to managing a kindergarten class- an increasingly accurate metaphor, really.

If the a student is bullied outside of school, the teacher can't do much. It isn't within their power. If a picture of the students bullying the other kid are brought in, though, it is now in the teacher's jurisdiction.

That's the case here. If it ends up on our shores then it becomes our job to clean it up. If you fine folks just refuse to grow up and have some basic fundamental respect for your fellow human being, then you shouldn't have access to a site that gives you access to said fellow human beings. Beginning and end of the situation.

@Corgi Insulting other users because of a superiority complex isn't useful. Your situation is complicated, and you have received official warnings regarding this. It isn't as if this is some spur of the moment realization, this has been an ongoing issue for months that should rightfully culminate in a ban.

I personally advocate a permanent ban. Not because the offense is so dire, but because we have verbal confirmation that he refuses to change. If it were any other scenario one or two months would work fine.

This would probably go better if there were more options for punishment than just defaulting to bans.

@Mr. Bambu

The kindergarden metaphor doesn't fit because the victim here isn't aware of the bullying and has to actively chose to go on another site to feel it's effects. If a person's insults is causing "hatred" against a user then banning that person wouldn't prevent them from making those off site insults nor prevent that hatred for spreading and would actually amplify it which basically doesn't help anyone and makes the site look tyrannical. The best thing to do is leave on site offenses as on site offenses when it comes to insults.

ElixirBlue said:
This would probably go better if there were more options for punishment than just defaulting to bans.
I would also agree to this, but there aren't outside of warnings, whivh hasn't worked.

@Dienomite True, but it would incentivise not being toxic towards your fellow man. Display that there are very real consequences for consistent disregard for anyone but yourself. The best thing I can do is argue that Corgi should be banned, actually, I don't know where you got that notion from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back