• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rule Violations Reports - 59

Status
Not open for further replies.
GojiBoyForever said:
Actually, I would more relate it to committing a crime in one state and getting caught for said crime in another. Yes you were caught there but you have to answer to the original State's laws and not the others.
This also works, sure.

Yep. I talk about my ban all the time. So I know what I'm talking about here. I called Hop an asshole and received an admittedly heavy handed ban, but when I returned I did better.

So what you've done here is prove the site already does this sort of thing, and has since I was banned (in 2016). Thank you.

Mr. Bambu said:
@Dienomite True, but it would incentivise not being toxic towards your fellow man. Display that there are very real consequences for consistent disregard for anyone but yourself. The best thing I can do is argue that Corgi should be banned, actually, I don't know where you got that notion from.
You can't try to control toxicty on site by banning using off site offenses, it never works and only leads to more hate that won't be towards just the users but the site as a whole.

Just to be sure, shitposter isn't an insult, right? I don't view it or use it as an insult.

@Elixir Nah but we insult each other frequently, it's part of a code.

@Dienomite Bring me tangible proof that says I can't. Bring me actual reasons to not ban a user who only contributes insults and ego to the site. Not your ideas on how things ought to be. Because, as we can see from this thread, his actions trickle down to the site eventually. And we have proof that the site has banned for this exact reason. For a year.

The information Sera gave out has some accusations that are unfounded especially towards my freinds and before you target others on it hear both sides.

Thank you.

Sorry for the derail.

@Mr. Bambu

I'm not literally saying you can or can't do something but it would give the site a terrible reputation and overall be morally questionable despite the good intent behind the action. Look at recent Youtube, Patreon, Twitter and I believe GoFundMe controversies everyone of these sites began banning people for off site and past behaviors/opinions and they all were huge controversies that damaged the views considerable of each of these sites. Now I'm not saying this would be that big but this reaction would undoubtedly cause more problems to the site than it would fix.

Something like this should definitely be handled somewhere else, we have an HR group for this exact reason. To prevent unnecessary arguments on the wiki, from what I'm gathering if there is a lot of trouble going on a different platform then it should be handled and investigated behind the scenes rather than handling it here. It's pretty disorganized, wastes time and if I'm honest it's rather unprofessional.

The site should have a reputation of casting out toxic people with nothing to contribute. Other forms of media do this. What we know is that all Corgi has contributed in the broad scheme of things is another voice among tons to Sonic threads, and verbal abuse towards anyone he disagrees with.

Any platform has the right to ban people for such things. The fact it was committed elsewhere and then came here doesn't change what it is and what it means.

I'm starting to think that this has nothing to do with the guy specifically, but we're just talking in general now. I r that is the case, let's create a different thread for that. Ok?

Mr. Bambu said:
The site should have a reputation of casting out toxic people with nothing to contribute. Other forms of media do this. What we know is that all Corgi has contributed in the broad scheme of things is another voice among tons to Sonic threads, and verbal abuse towards anyone he disagrees with.
Any platform has the right to ban people for such things. The fact it was committed elsewhere and then came here doesn't change what it is and what it means.
Has Corgi did any of this on site recently? What do you mean by "was committed elsewhere and then came here"?

We have an HR group to consider delicate rule situations such as those concerning staff. Their role is not to go undercover and investigate. If I'm honest, I've handled this in an extremely formal manner and have been reasonable throughout this despite my desires to do otherwise. Thank you for your consideration, but this is an open forum for discussing rule breaks.

If the situation becomes truly awful then it should be discussed privately. But thus far it isn't, it's about discussing site policy in a level headed way and how it regards to the current situation with Corgi.

Discord, Dieno, I mean Discord. Also, once again, time passing has zero to do with this discussion, it's irrelevant and it isn't a defense when Corgi himself states he will not change and thus we should just allow him to perform heinous acts.

@Mr. Bambu

That's my point, it's on discord and it's only on discord. No one seemed to have actually insulted anyone on the VBW on site or came from that discord to insult someone on site and no one here seems to have regurgitated the insults. You would have to go to discord to find this insult.

@DarkDragonMedeus

I will withdraw for now.

Going to try to remain calm throughout this post, but I will be discussing a bunch of elaborate text.

First of all, it wasn't just Corgi's insults towards Cal, but he legit said them in context and used them as if he was "Mentally incompetent". And basically discriminated against him. And Dragon Master telling him, "Can we not?" made him explode on discord, and he also got upset just for me kudosing DragonMaster's comment. And actually, sending out obviously false reports is generally considered rule violation. We recurrently ban people for creating fake scans in an attempt to get other users banned. And yes, we don't consider misunderstandings a rule violation, but we do consider people flat out lying about what people actually said is bad. Corgi also notes he's trying to recruit the entire Sonic fanbase to plot something.

Now anyway, there is another scan above; where ShadowWarrior1999 literally has "DDM and Matthew Suck D***" as his username, and there is a lot more where that came from in the stash. But yes, that is borderline sexual harassment because of other comparisons. Side note, Godhand1999 is Moon Ma, and he also refered to be as "Dark Dragon C**ksucker"; another example of sexual harassment. Shadow also blantantly mocked the Everlasting. And so did God Hand. It's considered sexual harassment IRL to have someone else's nudity as your avatar on facebook without said person's consent, so using someone else's and adding "Sucks D***" is the same context. Just likes having "Blank should die" as your username is considered a death threat. And this disturbing but truthful video is proof of that claim.

Now about slur words, I agree with Bambu that saying the N word back and forth as just a friendly African American gangster slang is fine as long as it's kept offsite. But if it's legit used as racial offence, it is ban worthy. Same with the B word, saying it out loud offsite isn't ban worthy, but using it as a sexist slur is. And calling people the R word behind their backs is not okay, and neither is bigoting against people with Autism. Side note, I do not even have that, but I'm still deeply offended because I respect people with Autism. I do have minor levels of social anxiety however. I know Sera said everyone needs to grow thicker skin. But at the same time, we also absolutely have to be sensitive for other people and groups because discrimination has 0 tolerance. It's like Fandom's #1 rule that any comment that is racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-religions, or mocks people based on age or physical disabilities or mental illnesses can result in a block without warning. And while they do have a tendancy to exaggerate context, this rule has good reason to be here. TheUser also called HST Master and Zamasu Chan some homophobic slurs in a scan above.

I'm also going to be super blunt with this, but cyberbullying is a very cut and paste definition of murder. This is wear some religious parts come to play, but there is this list; specifically this one and this one. So, Word of God literally says insults are murder. Now to prove this isn't just religious but rather all of these articles further elaborate upon this idea. And there is also this list. I have written a research paper and spoke a persuasive speech for college, so I know all about cyberbullying. And yes, sexual harassment, discrimination, doxing, insulting people greatly, telling a big lie on social media to make people look far worse then they are, and especialyl suicide encouragement are all forms of cyber-bullying. And Cyberbullying is also the leading thing that causes suicide globally. And in these, three scans we have examples of the Sonic Discord group cyberbullying ZaStando and EarthyBoy. While they may be banned users who often going on about 1-A Base Sonic, trash talking him that strictly and calling them a "Nappy Head" is going too far. If you're wondering why, we're concerned about banned people, keep in mind that they still look at our wiki regularly and shouldn't be attacked this way. They also called, ImagineBreaker a homophobic slur. They do change their names a lot as RightWingShadter is once again ShadowWarrior and RightWingGuile is Corgi. Playerback Tokyo Smash is Radical Resident Kha as seen here.

And of course, I really don't need to say this, but encouraging people to kill themselves is the absolute worst. And yes they did that too, which Shadow Warrior also seconded it but at least shown some humanity. And yes, this is also the very reason cyber-bullying and discrimination equates to murder, is because doing so equates to this, which equates to murder. And I know this not just from online research, but from personal experience. I have had plenty of friends who struggled with this, and also met a few people actually became victims of this. I probably have one of the most level headed understandings of cyberbullying and suicide here. I know for a fact, that all this stuff is ban worthy, and so does everyone with common sense.

I myself have struggled with this, and in fact. I have been feeling depression and anxiety ever since I had to move to the other side of the country. I still haven't fully adapted to everything; I have missed all my childhood friends, as well as the church I grew up at, and many other things. Plus, but new job has been at least twice as stressful as my old job and the managers are a lot harder on me and make my overwork feel extra exhausting. And I've been struggling with, that s word for months now even before this fiasco. But that fact that I'm forced to put up with the persistent harassment, dog piling, and the offsite bigotry/sexual harassment is making it even more stressful. I'm able to work really hard on the wiki despite this, but even I have limits. And legit, these people left and right are encouraging people to do horrendous stuff. It really needs to stop.

I've been on numerous mission trips, I helped served free food and clothes to homeless people, I was a performer in this skit (I'm not in the video from what people thought I meant, but this is a skit commonly played in churches global wide which I have part of numerous times), and even to this day. I help fund for campaigns to help other people who deal with anxiety, depression, and suicide. So I really don't like the constant lies about me that the Sonic fan club think I'm some butt hurt debater who downplays their favorite verse. Especially here and now and on this Discord group. And I don't care if people are shitposting memes that roast me and stuff like that for fun. But the overboard insults are a hard no. And I'm usually more offended by other people getting insulted then I am of myself. It's the type of person I am. I've always been sympathetic to others. It's for that reason I sympathize with people who struggle with that, because absolutely no one deserves to be a victim of that.

Now back to the main topic, here is proof of some of the aforementioned users. The Based is TheUser789. Hiryu-Z is also part of their group as Stealth. Who also called me the R word. And also Oblivion Lightning is also part of the group. Now, I might as well link the whole stash here for more information.

So in conclusion, Corgi, GodHand, Shadow, Oblivio, Theuser, Hiryu, and Radical have all done something ban worthy. And it's not just them, but there's more whom we haven't discovered their identities. They also persistently trash talk not only various users, but also the whole wiki. And even go into bigotted, sexual harassment, cyberbullying, and suicide encouragement category. I don't quite have every single bad action, and the one who shown me those has more. But this is still more than enough information to ban all seven of them of the current culprits. And there are apparently plenty more examples of them encouraging people to commit suicide among other things.

I will also need to sleep soon, writing this took a lot out of me, and I really didn't want to post this all so soon. But I was about to reach my limit.

This seems more like a discord problem rather than a VBW one. Although I think it's ridiculous to visit the discord if it makes one upset since the discord will still exist regardless and it would just make the insults increase in quantity and naturally lead into unavoidable on site trolling, if you truly dislike what's going on in the discord I'd recommend getting into contact with bigger heads at Discord and try to ban them there for violating the rule presented there. I'm still not seeing anything banned worthy for this site but I despise their discord behavior over this site but whatever, that's my last two cents on this subject.

I know Oblivion Lighting irl and the things he said was mostly out of anger and rage and shouldn't be mistaken for bigotry,racism,sexism on his behalf.Oblivion deals with anger and over expressive emotions and deals with some medical issues I wish not to say about him now but I do want to say that most of the things he said which is very few in the grand scheme could be due to this emotional problem he has.A warning for him seems to be fine to get assistance in controlling this outlash.

Banning someone over a problem they have a very hard time controlling seems a bit extreme and more overly just receive a warning and input on how to handle their anger better.

It is a VSBW thing that happened over Discord. It is about VSBW members concerning events on VSBW.

If the insults increase it will be from people effectively disconnected from the site. We can't just turn the other cheek for fear of more punishment from them, that isn't how this works.

Again, I will speak to others concerning a policy about this sort of scenario, but I absolutely understand DDM's position, having been on the other side of it at one point. I advocate a ban.

I'll be honest, equating cyber-bullying to murder via religion seems incredibly disrespectful and ignorant to victims and should not even be considered as a reason for punishment. Please have some common sense staff members and hit what breaks the rules without bending 6 ways to justify it.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
Now about slur words, I agree with Bambu that saying the N word back and forth as just a friendly African American gangster slang is fine as long as it's kept offsite. But if it's legit used as racial offence, it is ban worthy. Same with the B word, saying it out loud offsite isn't ban worthy, but using it as a sexist slur is. And calling people the R word behind their backs is not okay, and neither is bigoting against people with Autism.
Perhaps this should be discussed and decided upon before enforcing, because there are even current staff that have done these actions. So, let's think and make things official or decide against them before acting upon them.

Mr. Bambu said:
It is a VSBW thing that happened over Discord. It is about VSBW members concerning events on VSBW.
If the insults increase it will be from people effectively disconnected from the site. We can't just turn the other cheek for fear of more punishment from them, that isn't how this works.
This all is happening on an apparently private discord server, that one would have to go by ones own choice, all the while no one in said server seems to be coming out of the discord server to directly message or harass any other victims. Your going to get insulted either way just one would be on a discord and the other would be out in the open and directly in you face at an increased rate, banning them on this site won't fix the issue when your reporting off site behavior and it's ridiculous to think so.

Break VBW rules on VBW get banned on VBW. See someone break VBW rules on VBW, report them to the RVR thread.

Break Discord rules on Discord get banned on Discord. See someone break Discord on Discord, report them on Discord.

That's my mindset here, I personally prefer websites who take this stance and my opinion will not change. (With the exception of some bizarre example or situation that I can't think of right now)

Sorry to sort of clog the thread, hopefully this a reasonable solution can be agreed upon and that's all I got to say.

"Break Discord rules on Discord get banned on Discord. See someone break Discord on Discord, report them on Discord."

If we know the user has proven to be troublesome, problematic and detrimental to the site, still they're not trying to change anytime soon and it's not worth keeping them around, then we won't keep them around. Simple as that. The evidence can come from any other site on the internet for all I care. It's the intent and its effect that matters.

I like DDM. He is a very nice and helpful staff member, and I agree with him about that cyberbullying very much leads to a massive amount of suicides and mental health problems worldwide, but not that it is automatically equivalent to murder.

Regardless, it is extremely important that both the staff and other members of this wiki have a good work environment, and do not get systematically harrassed, or we soon won't have either a staff or a functioning wiki, so I am fine with if Mr. Bambu properly evaluates all of the scans of the Sonic group's offenses that are sent to him, via Medeus or others, and bans the people that need to be banned in order to maintain some degree of peace and harmony in this community. However, it may be best if he talks with the HR group about it in private first.

We also need to stop spamming this thread about it.

Also, for the record, I am extremely against the Silicon Valley giants systematically banning or censoring people for their political views and/or cutting off their livelihoods/financial support, but this is about personal harrassment. That is a very different issue.

I plan on speaking to HR about several issues brought up here and elsewhere tomorrow. After that I will make a decision.

First of all, it wasn't just Corgi's insults towards Cal, but he legit said them in context and used them as if he was "Mentally incompetent".

I take huge issue with this characterization. Corgi made these four comments here. I cannot see any way that this context implied that Cal's "mentally incompetent", what am I missing?

And actually, sending out obviously false reports is generally considered rule violation. We recurrently ban people for creating fake scans in an attempt to get other users banned. And yes, we don't consider misunderstandings a rule violation, but we do consider people flat out lying about what people actually said bad.

As I and many others have said, it seems much more like a misunderstanding than a flat out lie. I myself and many around me have had misunderstandings like that tons of times.

Saying that people suck dick as sexual harassment

I don't think this is important enough off-site sexual harassment to be reportable, but I do realize I have a much more extreme view on what's bannable than most others.

Just likes having "Blank should die" as your username is considered a death threat. And this disturbing but truthful video is proof of that claim.

I don't agree, same caveat as above.

Now about slur words, I agree with Bambu that saying the N word back and forth as just a friendly African American gangster slang is fine as long as it's kept offsite. But if it's legit used as racial offence, it is ban worthy. Same with the B word, saying it out loud offsite isn't ban worthy, but using it as a sexist slur is.

I can't quite tell to what extent you're planning to enforce this, but it almost sounds like it would result in me getting banned, if enforced. Feel free to DM/PM me about this if you wanna discuss this specific point off-site.

and neither is bigoting against people with Autism.

Someone saying off-site that you "have autism in the brain" sounds way too minor to me. Again, same caveats.

A paragraph about how discrimination and cyberbullying is bad

Unnecessary imo.

First cyberbullying sca

How much do we have to care about site-users cyberbullying a banned user off-site? imo just about 0, but I do agree the shit they said is pretty toxic.

Second cyberbullying scan, trash talking him that strictly and calling them a "Nappy Head" is going too far.

I could not care less about some dudes calling a banned user a "nappy head" off-site. "Nappy Head" is hilariously childish, in what world is that going too far?

Third cyberbullying sca

They said: "I will beat him in a debate" "He thinks this thing which is dumb" "He thinks this thing which is dumb" "He conceded to me" "He's a bad debater" "He's delusional". Even on-site and to users that aren't banned I can't see these sorts of statements being reportable.

And of course, I really don't need to say this, but encouraging people to kill themselves is the absolute worst. And yes they did that too, which Shadow Warrior also seconded it

On a side note, you really need to make these albums easier to sift through, this one you linked there has over a dozen images, most are captioned as not even being banned or are just complaining about fake scans.

But onto the content, like I said a few quotes up, I think this is stepping too far into territory that we shouldn't police. People going off-wiki to do shitty things to people who aren't on the wiki.

Two and a half posts about how cyberbullying is bad

Not necessary imo.

Hiryu-Z, who also called me the R word.

That is a pretty bad mischaracterization. He said:

He said Egg Wizard > Solaris. The {r-slur}-ation is already done.
He called one opinion you had the r slur. I hold no care about this.

The whole stash.

From my count that's around 80 screenshots. If I wasn't about to have all my free time sucked away by a new job tomorrow I'd be inclined to look into it. Please pick out the actually important highlights. But assuming that you already did with the rest of your post, in total we have:

• ShadowWarrior1999 and Godhand1999's nicknames being "so and so sucks d*ck"
  • ShadowWarrior1999 saying you have "autism in the brain"
  • Hiryu-Z saying one of your opinions was {r-slur}
  • Some legitimately shitty behaviour, towards people who aren't site members, committed off-site.
Overall, nothing presented so far makes me support a ban. I'm also astonished at the lack of evidence against Corgi, considering I thought he was the main focal point of this report.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back