• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rules for Mature Content on the Wiki

Saikou_The_Lewd_King

The King of all Things Lewd
VS Battles
Retired
This wiki possess a rules for "No Mature content", which is fine in itself. However, it also caused some verses to be banned from this site entirely due to being inappropriate.

Although it does makes sense for some verses that I don't think I need to mention, it seems that some otherwise completely viable verse have been banned due to countaining Explicit scenes.

Now, that isn't really a problem on its own. However, we possess on this very wiki verses that do shows off explicit scenes.

Now, I would like to know what are the exact rules about this.

Just as an example, the Visual Novel Monster Girl Quest was banned some time ago due to possesing Explicit Scenes and being labelled as "Hentai" and "Eroge". However, the game on its own possess a complete story, with feats and actual characters with actual fight scenes, much like Demonbane or Beserk would.

One could argue that Demonbane got non-H release after the original game. However, it doesn't change the fact that the H-Version still exists very well and wasn't erased or retcon'd.

Same goes for Fate/Stay Night, who started off as outright hentai too.

Thus, what exactly would prevent something like MGQ to be added here? Seems like most argument points to the one we have being more popular or not being directly labelled as hentai, which doesn't seems like good argument.

So, what exactly is the rule about this kind of stuff?

Being not labeled as hentai is probably not even that bad of a rule.

That aside the possibility to watch gameplay and relevant feats without watching **** would make sense, given that feats would have to be checked by other people after all and seeing some context is involved in the task of checking feats.

There is plenty of censored footage of said Game or whatever on Youtube that could be used, and I really doubt that any major feats would be in a lewd moment.

I agree that MGQ profiles should be allowed here, as long as the profiles are kept clean.

I agree with Azathoth.

Keep in mind that it'll be difficult to find appropriate pictures for some characters without editing.

So, uh, am I free to do it? I wouldn't want to have an admin who disagrees with that to comes in and deletes any profiles created form it.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
So, uh, am I free to do it? I wouldn't want to have an admin who disagrees with that to comes in and deletes any profiles created form it.
I would like to say yes, but the real answer is no. We should wait for a response from Lord Kav or Ant first.

Well, I think that we might get in serious trouble with wikias management staff if we start to allow characters from rape-oriented hentai games and other mediums, as even if the pages themselves are kept clean, it could be seen as advertisements and endorsements for that sort of thing.

Admittedly, Demonbane, Bastard, and Berserk have been allowed, but they are mostly fighting oriented stories, with such elements as a side-note to the plot, not the central theme.

We could be on the verge of a slippery slope towards allowing anything whatsoever, which would almost definitely get the wiki's future survival into very serious trouble.

However, I will ask Lord Kavpeny about it.

During SeiryuShin's rule of the wiki, the wikia staff previously threatened to shut down the wiki because of the frequent extremely crude language, and I had to singlehandedly start to clean it up to avoid this from happening.

If we start to feature characters from rape hentai and similar, we would likely be subjecting the wiki to a ticking time bomb that people who want to shut us down (*cough* BG *cough*) would almost be guaranteed to use against us.

Just because the wikia management staff have not yet discovered that the ACF features such content does not mean that they won't in the future, and we have a greater risk, given that there are more people within said staff who know English than the ones who know Russian.

Neither do I. We have the rules for good reasons. In addition, from a moral standpoint we really shouldn't endorse and promote that sort of thing.

Antvasima said:
During SeiryuShin's rule of the wiki, the wikia staff previously threatened to shut down the wiki because of the frequent extremely crude language, and I had to singlehandedly start to clean it up to avoid this from happening.
That's just absolutely terrible. What's the limit for the crudeness of such language anyway? Must be the flaming that occurred.

It was the recurrent cursing and vulgar language within the profiles. Thanks to the help of lots of contributors the wiki is much cleaner and family-friendly now.

Nah. He did not cause any of the profiles to have bad language. He just explicitly said that he didn't care if the management staff did shut the wiki down when they brought it up, so I stepped in and started to clean it up somewhat. There have been plenty of other members who have helped with this afterwards though.

Antvasima said:
Nah. He did not cause any of the profiles to have bad language. He just explicitly said that he didn't care if they did shut the wiki down when they brought it up, so I stepped in and started to clean it up somewhat. There have been plenty of other members who have helped with this afterwards though.
Damn. That's worse either way then.

Antvasima said:
It was the recurrent cursing and vulgar language within the profiles. Thanks to the help of lots of contributors the wiki is much cleaner and family-friendly now.
I don't care about profanity and all but if you're gonna lace the profiles all over with it, nobody's gonna take them seriously. You should give yourself a pat on the back for cleaning them up. Even some of the wikis independent of Wikia have a level of professionalism to them.

Well, I only started to clean them up. Several other members helped out with this later on.

I agree with Azathoth and DontTalk that as long as a level of professionalism is maintained, it is fine.

However, while that sounds excellent on paper, I'm not sure if it will translate to practical equivalence. May I remind all those involved that Antvasima has more experience than anyone else here about maintaining the wiki, and I can personally attest to the validity of his concerns. The managing staff has enough work to maintain the content of profiles as it is, without the additional work-load of additionally monitoring through all uploaded images, external links as such, to vouch and filter inappropriate ones.

To summarize: who will keep in check the "level of professionalism" on a regular, if not daily basis, and for how long without slipping up one way or another?

Exactly. I think that we should maintain the rule, since there are too great risks involved with the alternative.

Lord Kavpeny said:
To summarize: who will keep in check the "level of professionalism" on a regular, if not daily basis, and for how long without slipping up one way or another?
Perhaps we could delegate certain members familiar with said franchises to create the pages/be the ones who others will have to run things by before creating the pages? I'm certain we have at least a few members (such as Saikou) who are familiar with said mature franchises and are also trusted members, which would allow them to make sure nothing disturbing slips through the cracks.

That said, this would obviously depend on such members having a willingness to do so, but it's just a thought.

Well, we know a profile doesn't belong here when it has techniques and weapons such as the **** cannon and rape rays. I guess we can allow some not-blatantly sexual tentacle monsters as long as nobody goes into detail into the explicit things that they do.

I and Lord Kavpeny have talked in private, and are in agreement that allowing hentai profiles would place far too much unnecessary risk on the future survival of the wiki.

We would not realistically be able to monitor and control all such content, especially if I get too tired to continue, and the rest of you would have to manage without me, which is bound to happen sooner or later.

That might be true, except that I don't drink coffee. But the point is that, if we allow hentai on the site, unless the rest of the staff start to monitor every edit as I do, the wiki could start to go downwards fast, and then we would get into serious trouble once the wikia management staff takes notice.

Well, to be somewhat crass, since this concerns the actual long-term survival of the wiki as a whole, this is definitely not a topic that is up for voting by regular members.

Antvasima said:
Well, to be somewhat crass, since this concerns the actual long-term survival of the wiki as a whole, this is definitely not a topic that is up for voting by regular members.
You guy can discuss this in Wiki staff management, right ?

Yes. It might be best to move the thread.

Well before this gets moved and I lose all form of interaction with the subject, I'd like to mention we already possess rather explicit franchises here. I don't see why having the label "Hentai" would change their acceptance unto the Wiki.

The topic is already moved, so you are technically not allowed to reply, but because said franchises have explicit scenes as a sidenote. It is not their entire theme. Especially not if we are talking about rape and degradation.

And primarily, because the wikia management staff are willing to completely shut down wikis for considerably lesser offenses than this, so we would constantly have to monitor that all new additions would fit acceptable standards, and make good judgement calls every single time. Othervise all of our work on this wiki could very easily be instantly destroyed.

I would appreciate if you do not push this issue further, as it could have disastrous consequences. That would make you a severe threat to the continued wellbeing of our community, and we would have no choice but to ban you permanently.

Back