• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
No.

It's not "Not allowing them to react"

It's them literally being surprised by the enemy predicting them. I'm pretty sure anyone who can use precognition or any sort of predicting/analytical skill would easily ignore this.

The one I'm most unsure about is if it's even applicable to people that aren't martial arts. Like say if someone like Yoshikage Kira or a mage who can cause people to explode by looking.

I doubt this scales to every target speed like if someone is FTL or such

To clarify, opponent decides to attack, Yujiro attacks, the opponent's attack would happen now. Yujiro attacks while the opponent is reacting.

I mean it's hard to say that hard predicting skills would cancel it out when Yujiro, the guy who predicted an entire fight correctly before, has the ability used against him, although yes true precog would see through it.

Precog could cancel it since precog can see what happens after the 0.5, but, as Festie said, certain types of precog might not work

@ Festie

I'm reading through the scans and frankly... It really doesn't seem like much. It really shines less compared to the other more 'potent' skills or just having peak stats

@KG

Yeah. But it's a headache I'm willing to tackle.

If you love a franchise you should know the good feeling of representing it 100% and making it so you don't drive potential fans away from it.

Anyway let's focus on the actual thead

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3703319#90

MrDrProfessorPatricio said:
Sorry if this is derailing but I can't help but laugh at the OP bulletin which shows a beefed up dude (Yujiro) about to do something dirty to a elementary school student (Ryuko) XD
Anyway taking my leave here
yeah Yujiro sure looks pissed on that photo

i should have used his smiling pic, it's always better
Yujirosmiling

I didnt see anything that confirmed she couldnt hit him other than the incredibly subjective claim of " he has more skill, thus he cant be hit" Im not saying he ISNT more skilled, but to say she cant harm or hit him at all is absurd based on that.

Did I miss anything?

BakiHanma18 said:
Yeah I'm not really seeing how, with Maeba Stance, Sangan, Undonde, Mawashi Uke, Instinctive Reaction, Info Analysis, pseudo precog, amps, and Xiao-Lee, Ryuko can hit Yujiro, let alone damage him
This

AquaWaifu said:
I didnt see anything that confirmed she couldnt hit him other than the incredibly subjective claim of " he has more skill, thus he cant be hit" Im not saying he ISNT more skilled, but to say she cant harm or hit him at all is absurd based on that.
"It's Absurd" is a really bad argument without actually applying any points against it.

What exactly do the other abilities do? Or rather how they all work

I know Ryuko has adaptation here so it's even possible she can just grow that level (Kinda bs imo)

So...WHY cant Ryuko and Senketsu just adapt to this, its just martial arts all things considered. She's adapted to less mundane stuff.

BakiHanma18 said:
BakiHanma18 said:
Yeah I'm not really seeing how, with Maeba Stance, Sangan, Undonde, Mawashi Uke, Instinctive Reaction, Info Analysis, pseudo precog, amps, and Xiao-Lee, Ryuko can hit Yujiro, let alone damage him
Plus the fact Yujiro naturally contends for one of the most skilled of the wiki, being a master at every martial art that exists in his verse (and trust me, they're not like real life martial arts)

Okay stop with this most skilled, he's really not. Most high end One Piece characters make him look like fodder, and they are jokes to characters from other series.

Because of Yujiro's Accelerated Development, it would make it difficult if not impossible to 100% adapt to any of these moves. He'd keep changing something in the move to make it better or different. Hell, upon seeing a move once, he took it, made it his own, and his version was better than the original by leagues

Let's not talk about skilled thing all over again. It was a hellstorm trying to dictate that.

Also not everyone can read Baki. Let's be honest, some people find the art very atrocious or the concept not their thing. Surprisingly I'm not one of those people since I can stomach MP100 manga

Anyway, having Ryuko who reacts and adapts to enemies is really a hard counter to most "Peak of skill" characters which is what made me dislike her back then.

Also unless Yujiro has adaptation himself I'm not buying that. Mainly because how can he even copy Ryuko's stripper style attacks since she's all about raw power and literally shapeshifting giant weapons or creating BS powers.

Its like saying Garou can mimic Cole MacGrath's power.

AquaWaifu said:
Okay stop with this most skilled, he's really not. Most high end One Piece characters make him look like fodder, and they are jokes to characters from other series.
That's simply not true, there is a thread currently on its 4th renewal that has Yujiro tied as 3rd most skilled character on this wiki

Ofc there's nothing wrong with not reading Baki, i understand that. But downplaying Yujiro like this is simply ignoring his skill profile at this point. *╠Âl╠Âa╠Âu╠Âg╠Âh╠Âs╠ ╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠ÂO╠ÂP╠ÂM╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âb╠Âc╠Âo╠Âm╠Âi╠Âc╠Â*╠Â

Yujiro is a martial art genius, to say the least. Even while in his 17's he was able to defeat the US army in the Vietnam War with his bare hands. He's been said to have mastered every martial art that exists in the Bakiverse (and they're way harder to master than real life martial arts, trust me) and has been shown to be able to master Xiao-Lee, a martial art that requires the user to let go of his natural instincts and flow like a grass leaf in a blizzard even while fighting opponents that can one-shot you, with a glance. That's right, this martial art needs about one century of hard training to master, and Yujiro does it with a single glance.

His analytical prediction is so precise he can precisely detect the outcome of a fight only by analyzing the stances of the fighters. His information analysis, result of his extremely advanced knowledge of the human anatomy, allows him to be above high quality x-ray machines, really skilled surgeons and really talented medicine men. If you had a starting cancer in your pinky, he'd know.

He knows over 20 languagues and has extensive knowledge in various areas such as cooking, bio mechanics, biology, chemistry, arithmetic, zoology, etc etc.

He completly dwarfs in skill all the master martial artists of the Bakiverse that dedicate their lifes to this, some of them include Retsu, Orochi Doppo, Kaku Kaioh and Musashi Miyamoto himself.

i know this has nothing to do with what we're talking about but like damn Yujiro out here contending with some op High 7-C characters

God damnit, his pressure points are so accurate he can make people faint with a light tap. His body control is so precise he can release adrenaline and endorphin on his blood at his own will to give him an edge in battle. His combat locks are so advanced they're considered limited sealing. There's not a doubt he's on a whole other skill rating than Ryuko.

AquaWaifu said:
No...no he is not..he is 9-B, where are you getting this assumption? His page directly says 9-B.
That's Kaku Kaioh in his physical prime, first key. In his second key, he's 10-C physically (chopsticks feel like boulders in his hands) and 7-C with Xiao-Lee.

AquaWaifu said:
No...no he is not..he is 9-B, where are you getting this assumption? His page directly says 9-B.
That's when he was at his physical strongest. At his best key, he literally couldn't harm a normal guy with his full strength

Back