• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
WeeklyBattles said:
...How...? I thought its an ability that knocks the opponent out for half a second?
Basically

The brain needs 0.5 seconds before reacting to an attack

But Yujiro can react beforehand and attack in that timeframe, allowing him to take an advantage, being the first move or whatever

0.5 is BS.

It's literally set up as a "Precog-esque" ability. I argued for this an entire time if people still keep talking about how it's an ability that ignores speed and reactions, it's gonna leave me very prissy.

It's at most, a precog feat.

Not something that inherently makes it so that you can hit an enemy blindly for 0.5 seconds.

@Weekly

Basically

"Every person in the universe thinks. When they think, it takes 0.5 second before they actually react. Like say when you lift your hand to block a knife. It takes 0.5 seconds of subconscious thinking."

"Someone with this awareness would be able to attack them within those 0.5 reactions "

Basically, bullshit.

0.5 Seconds is a time in which the opponent is naturally processing information in order to react to something or make a move. Yujiro can skip this phase and attack someone while their brain is still processing information

@Oblivion

Pretty much that. But this is inapplicable to other verses on the first place. Or at most you can argue, and I already got BakiHanma18 to agree with me on this on the actual discussion thread about this, that it feels more like something of a precog with how its narrated and displayed.

Unless we have some big stuff to talk about...

I'm not very happy with being ignored about it frankly

0.5 is basically an ability that can be triggered on anyone attempting to conciously do something, it must be done by someone with active hanma blood, it makes their action suspended for 0.5 seconds and after the 0.5 seconds they do their action assuming in that 0.5 seconds nothing has happened that'd prevent it from happening, it's not based off of reaction speed it is just a static ability that apply to anything that thinks.

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
What if it was used on the Flash in a speed equal match where he can think in an Attosecond?
unless this somehow counts as speeding up time in general, no, it'd still be 0.5 seconds, people who have reaction times of 0.0001 seconds have been effected by it for the entire 0.5 seconds.

I don't see anything that states she has pure instinct abilities, if they have to think about an action to do it, they can be affected by the 0.5 seconds ability

I do understand what weekly is trying to say but I don't know why speed is being mentioned at all when it comes to the 0.5 ability, how fast you can move does not matter when it comes to the 0.5 second ability

0.5 is not that freaking haxx of an ability.

It's literally compared to two gunslingers or two samurais facing off each other.

It's literally just them analytical predict warring each other.

Nothing more. Nothing less. Not some BS where your opponent is somehow moving after 0.5 seconds

Yujiro literally reacts to Musashi's 0.0001 second long attack, he has had the 0.5 ability done on him by baki, how did he counter this? by literally using the same ability, if this was actually just the plain ol' 0.5 seconds it takes to react to something it wouldn't be an ability, let alone an ability unlocked by your bloodline.

Festie said:
Yujiro literally reacts to Musashi's 0.0001 second long attack, he has had the 0.5 ability done on him by baki, how did he counter this? by literally using the same ability, if this was actually just the plain ol' 0.5 seconds it takes to react to something it wouldn't be an ability, let alone an ability unlocked by your bloodline.
It's listed on Yujiro's 0.5 Seconds that it isn't actually 0.5 seconds

So it's a speed feat. Attack while the opponent is thinking/while attacking

@It's isn't actually 0.5 seconds

So the author was wrong.

This, this doesn't even seem like an ability anymore this just looks like attacking while someone hasn't reacted yet

ah no I read it wrong, it "scales" to the targets speed, so fi their reaction speed was 0.005 seconds long the 0.5 ability would actually be 0.005 seconds long

Festie said:
This, this doesn't even seem like an ability anymore this just looks like attacking while someone hasn't reacted yet
That's pretty much what it is. Like Ciruno said, while the opponent is processing information, Yujiro can attack, not allowing them to react to the move.

Yeah.

It's literally being pragmatic.

Jesus Christ I spent days talking about a non-hax ability being turned to a haxx. I really need to read all of it.

Back