• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Samus Aran vs The King of Nox

I think there are stronger opponents in GoHS for Samus but I don't know.

Anyway, Samus's Nigh-ABZ Beam does wonders against the guy and his durability negation would be potent enough to kill her, but it's still more likely she uses the Ice Beam due to her Scan Visor telling her what she has to deal with off the bat.

@Gargoyle

The King will just bend space to send it right back at her.

He can also bypass Samus' durability by manipulating Strong and Weak Forces.

I did not know the former, but the Dura negation from the latter is what I was talking about in my post.

@Repp samus has tanked subatomic destruction before and came out perfectly ok. Not to mention she's resistant to alot of abilities from The King of Nox. So Samus takes this via durability negation with numerous different weapons, scan visor, precognition, stellar range, BFR, Space-Time Distortion with the Sonic Boom, can absorb any energy blasts and redirect back at the king, and resistance to a good chunk of his abilities.

She would probably start off with the Sonic Boom in her Luminoth Light Suit

Manipulating Strong and Weak force is different from the stuff Samus resisted (assuming that it's the neutrinos thing)

It's still stated to be subatomic level, something Samus has dealt with before. Not to mention she can phase drift to make it much easier to avoid Nox's attacks as well as land a good shot at him

Oh, a GoH match!

Hmmm, this is a tough one. Samus has a ton of versatility going for her, with bings like precog, nigh-absolute zero and a ton of other stuff putting things in her favor....

But KoN has the ability to warp space around himself to deflect incoming attacks, and can use his ability to manipulate physics to make certain attacks literally slide off him. His willingness to abuse his tk to toss around planets and tk choke someone from a distance also put things in his favor. And of course, there's also weak and strong force (tho Samus is resistant to atomic destruction, will that help or no)?

Inconclusive for now, both have ways of dura negating and are willing to use it quickly

@Monkey the phase drift as well as stellar ice beam can help bypass the attack reflection.

I'm not defending Nox.

But only because both are subatomic doesn't mean that they are the same, if the mechanic is different.

Weak/Strong force interaction is basically like magnetism but on a deeper level. Tanking a neutrino is the equivalent of a subatomic punch

Samus has resistance to durability negation, and her Precognition and Instinctive Reactions should enable her to see through the King's abilities. Samus is also 3x stronger which is another advantage she has. Anyway, Sonic Boom could cause Space-Time Distortion to perhaps null the spacial manipulation stuff.

Additionally, Samus resisted the whole extreme Phazo hax, which appears, is way more haxed than anything I see on King of Nox's profile.

Edit: We're referencing the Annihilator Beam; which is a massive Antimatter Weapon. I don't think attack reflection works on it.

Samus doesn't have Ice Beam here or her Samus Returns equipment... She has the Dark Beam, which is just the Ice Beam + Homing + Darkness, but she doesn't start with it from what I know.

@Dark

Resistance to durability negation isn't a thing. If you resist a durability negating hax, you are resistant to that specific hax.

Technically it is, Durability negation comes in wide varieties; which Samus has resistance to multiple categories of durability negation. Also, I did say, "resistance", never said "immune" on anything like that. Anyway, she does still have resistance to Anti-Matter weaponry, and her Light Suit does have resistance to Phazon hax, I thought it was simply her Varia Suit that has yet to have resistance to Phazon accepted.

Not casting a vote (iirc doing so as the OP is generally looked down upon, so i´m not gonna do that), but i doubt that bending space will do much against the Sonic Boom.

Yeah, but not all durability negating abilities, which from what I understand, this is one of those she doesn't have.

She doesn't have resistance to anti-matter on her profile or Resistance to Phazon hax in her Light Suit?

She fought and defeated Dark Samus and Emperor Ing, both of whom has said abilities, and especially Dark Samus for Phazon manip. Dark Samus is's Low 4-C key is a massively improved fusion of Metroid Prime Core and Phazon Suit Samus; who has the Phazon Beam that Samus tanked and shrugged off.

King of Nox's durability comes from Sub-Atomic particles, which isn't that much different from what Samus face'd. Samus also survived attacks from enemies capable of soul destruction.

@Dark

That's not how it works. Durability negation is a property of a power, not an ability on its own.

Space cutting, existence erasure, soul hax, absolute zero, quantum destruction, conceptual manipulation are all abilities that negate durability. If you can tank those, you are resistant to those.

"Resistance to durability negation" would basically mean that you can lessen the effect of literally every hax that negates durability, which isn't a thing

I also explained why it's different from what Samus resisted

Well Durability negation is a broad thing considering a lot of things can negate durability.

I mean on the profile yet, the resistance revision for Samus is for everything Varia Suit and above. Samus hasn't fought any soul destroying enemies from what I know, what are you talking about?

I think he meant soul manipulation. Considering Phazon has that, and samus wasn't affected by it.

Samus can destroy souls, isn't that pretty much the only way to kill characters with Spacial intangibility and non-corporeal beings? She was able to harm and destroy Chozo Ghosts, and she killed Phantoo. And those abilities should scale to SA-X and Dark Samus, whom Samus fought and resisted multiple of their attacks.

Again, not on her profile yet, also I'm pretty sure it was already discussed that it would be harming Intangibility (Immaterial) since we don't if the souls were actually destroyed, just the physical manifestation.

Well, it was never actually discussed in depth, but mentioned here. But Chozo Ghosts and Phantoon are said to have Spatial intangibility, and Phantoon I thought was mentioned to be non-corporeal on another thread.

Defeating / killing a ghost =/= soul destruction, it is = to defeating intangibility (immaterials)

Well anyways, Samus has plenty of useful tools that can help her get around the attack reflection and kill the king very quick.

@Ever I'm pretty sure it was discussed and accepted as being able to kill intangibility (immaterial), given that it doesn't confirm that the soul or ghost was completely destroyed (For example, a defeated ghost would still be able to pass on to the afterlife, just no longer physically manifest).

@Glass ye, heck the SonicBoom (which is what she would probably start with anyways) would one shot him anyways and ignore his attack reflection given its nature.

It was in a Metroid discuss, but I should probably bring it up (it doesn't matter here, but I'll do it anyways)

A defeated ghost would still be able to pass into the afterlife. Okay, that part is not soul destruction obviously. But at the same time, that's not really killing a ghost, that's more so just purification. I find that more comparable to setting a mind controlled person free without killing them. Usually, in Shinto lore for example, a ghost that remains on Earth is usually because a person who died before their goal in life was accomplished and are forced to wait for someone or something to do it for them. However, completely killing a ghost is soul destruction. That's pretty much the definition of ghost is a soul without a body.

King of Nox may be able to deflect attacks, but Samus was able to defeat the Ruins Test which is not only an intangible entity that redirects incoming attacks but also amplifies it. She did this without any power sui. It isn't like she would be unversed in fighting a foe with "simular" powers. As mentioned as well, she has the capability of defeating Ghosts with her weaponry. Lastly, her Sonic Boom would probably be able to tag him regardless of his hax. It wouldn't be an easy fight as he has more training and portal creation to keep her off balance, though I feel that she would have an edge for being able to deal with his main hax (physics manipulation redirecting attacks) whereas he has no direct counter for her's (Annihilator Beam/ Sonic Boom warping space)

Back